c3ztoo3t66nk.jpeg

I don't know if my favorite is Bobson Dugnutt or Scott Dourque
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,125 Member
    Options
    c3ztoo3t66nk.jpeg

Sleve McDichael?!?

I think this guy was just *kitten* with us.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    c3ztoo3t66nk.jpeg

There has to be a Bullwinkle Hinkerbottom or was he benched and overlooked.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @KosmosKitten There are times that 5 emojis are not enough and they don't fit.

Your honesty means more than anything else a person could hope for. No one has all of the answers and that's why we have each other. You're here sister and you've helped me. Your consistent kindness set me free.

I have to fight like hail for everything. Give yourself permission to do everything on your own terms. Take what you need from a bunch of different sources. I believe in pulling what we need from lots of different sources. There's safety in that.

I only share my experiences and observations in hopes it might help someone like me. Every fiber of your being does not want you to give up. I can hear it in your words. See it.

I know what it's like to be suxed under a tidal wave of pressure with food rewards and immediate gratification. I want the secret keys for long term weight stability. I want the answers to how we can break all of these cycles that seems so unique for each of us. I just know that food rewards don't solve the problems but only adds to them.

It's worth it to keep fighting for yourself, @KosmosKitten so we can heal.

Respectfully. Diatonic12
    Hunkpapa Sioux
    Warrior

• kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    t1w5a11dijes.jpeg

Big virtual hug. I admire the fact that you haven’t given up. Here’s a sample pic of my wife’s current meal plan. This dietician is amazing! I know your stats are likely different but just wanted to throw this out there in case it can be of any benefit. Good luck!!

Ignore all the spatter of berry juice 🤷‍♂️
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    t1w5a11dijes.jpeg

Big virtual hug. I admire the fact that you haven’t given up. Here’s a sample pic of my wife’s current meal plan. This dietician is amazing! I know your stats are likely different but just wanted to throw this out there in case it can be of any benefit. Good luck!!

Whats her calorie intake?
  • CacoEther
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I'm trying really hard not to hold a single person pity party over here, but I have this sinking feeling (and have had it for a long time) that I will always be overweight/fat. I've been overweight since I was 10 and no amount of proper diet, exercise or calorie counting has ever gotten me back to a "normal BMI" range. Once I was close (maybe 5 pounds away from the highest in my height category), but that was back when I was severely depressed, never ate, was still getting the boost from breastfeeding and walked for 3 hours daily (because I was depressed).

I have been tested a few times over the year for thyroid and myriad other issues. So far, outside of vitamin deficiencies and being anemic, I'm okay on that front. But I am just soooooo tired of putting in the effort of tracking, trying to eat better (but tasty) foods, sticking to my guns and goals and never seeing results. The best I can do is maintain whatever weight I happen to be at. Depression drags me down sometimes, making it really difficult to stick with anything long term (especially when I get no perceivable benefits).

I keep picking myself up and trying again, but I honestly don't know why. Nothing I have tried so far has helped. At all. This just feels like such a fruitless effort, especially compared to everyone here who seems to be successful in their goals.

I'm tracking again if only so I don't gain more weight. But honestly? I don't see a point and I'm really, really tired (exhausted really) from doing this with no discernible results.. for YEARS.

Curious if you’ve ever gotten into weight lifting?

Edit: really just curious, not dangling it as a cure-all
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    I do not know. She doesn’t log her food in mfp to know. You could plug it into the diary and see. She has been going to him for 3 months and has dropped from 21% bf to 17%. With only moderate exercise.

• CacoEther
    Options
    I do not know. She doesn’t log her food in mfp to know. You could plug it into the diary and see. She has been going to him for 3 months and has dropped from 21% bf to 17%. With only moderate exercise.

I was hoping to be spared the math homework 😄
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    t1w5a11dijes.jpeg

As you know I've been going to the gym at least 6 times a week but my diet is horrible. I've been looking for a meal plan so even though it wasn't meant for me I think I can utilize this example in the near future.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »

I was hoping to be spared the math homework 😄

😑. At a glance I’d guess 1800 calories maybe. You’re so needy 😝
    t1w5a11dijes.jpeg

As you know I've been going to the gym at least 6 times a week but my diet is horrible. I've been looking for a meal plan so even though it wasn't meant for me I think I can utilize this example in the near future.

Screen shot it, K! Let me know if it works for you.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @KosmosKitten There are times that 5 emojis are not enough and they don't fit.

Your honesty means more than anything else a person could hope for. No one has all of the answers and that's why we have each other. You're here sister and you've helped me. Your consistent kindness set me free.

I'm adding you to my prayers. I have to fight like hail for everything. Give yourself permission to do everything on your own terms. Take what you need from a bunch of different sources. I believe in pulling what we need from lots of different sources. There's safety in that.

I only share my experiences and observations in hopes it might help someone like me. Every fiber of your being does not want you to give up. I can hear it in your words. See it.

I know what it's like to be suxed under a tidal wave of pressure with food rewards and immediate gratification. I want the secret keys for long term weight stability. I want the answers to how we can break all of these cycles that seems so unique for each of us. I just know that food rewards don't solve the problems but only adds to them.

It's worth it to keep fighting for yourself, @KosmosKitten so we can heal.

Respectfully. Diatonic12
    Hunkpapa Sioux
    Warrior

I gotta say; you are a whirlwind of fresh air. I see your posts in various forums here and you're always insightful, kind and offer a different (but polite) perspective and I've really appreciated that.

Honestly? There are a few people (some who have sadly left this site) that are similar. It is probably the ONLY reason I keep coming back, despite the food logging part of this site consistently not working. Y'all help keep me grounded some days.

So for that; thank you. It means a lot, truly.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @kosmoskitten I caught that and I respect your beliefs completely. <3
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    t1w5a11dijes.jpeg

Hey, no. Anything I can glean from other people's success that doesn't have me killing myself and successfully gets me to alter negative habits is useful. Thank you for sharing. The breakfast options are pretty similar to what I already eat, but I can easily tweak. The lunch option and dinner options are a lot more simplified (I love to make new things for everyone to try in this household and sadly, I know that they are caloric, so I usually eat a small lunch or no lunch to combat that).

I can give this a try, tweaking it to my caloric needs.

This plan though, is it five mini meals? Or three and you just choose from meal one or meal two under certain categories? Five meals will take some getting used to. I'm very much a three meals and maybe a snack kinda person. Ingrained habit, mostly. I'm guessing meal 2 and meal 4 are actually more like snacks, but healthy options, right?
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    I'm trying really hard not to hold a single person pity party over here, but I have this sinking feeling (and have had it for a long time) that I will always be overweight/fat. I've been overweight since I was 10 and no amount of proper diet, exercise or calorie counting has ever gotten me back to a "normal BMI" range. Once I was close (maybe 5 pounds away from the highest in my height category), but that was back when I was severely depressed, never ate, was still getting the boost from breastfeeding and walked for 3 hours daily (because I was depressed).

I have been tested a few times over the year for thyroid and myriad other issues. So far, outside of vitamin deficiencies and being anemic, I'm okay on that front. But I am just soooooo tired of putting in the effort of tracking, trying to eat better (but tasty) foods, sticking to my guns and goals and never seeing results. The best I can do is maintain whatever weight I happen to be at. Depression drags me down sometimes, making it really difficult to stick with anything long term (especially when I get no perceivable benefits).

I keep picking myself up and trying again, but I honestly don't know why. Nothing I have tried so far has helped. At all. This just feels like such a fruitless effort, especially compared to everyone here who seems to be successful in their goals.

I'm tracking again if only so I don't gain more weight. But honestly? I don't see a point and I'm really, really tired (exhausted really) from doing this with no discernible results.. for YEARS.

I was, but COVID happened and the one gym I could utilize shut down to anyone who wasn't AD military (I live on a military installation, so the gym is free for everyone who lives or works on the installation). They *just* opened yesterday.

I'm really hoping I can snag the rowing machine while everyone's at work during the week and start that up again. I do know that in order to burn more fat, I will have to build up my muscle tissue. I'm probably 40% fat at this point (yikes). Otherwise, I walk everywhere. I used to swim, but again.. COVID kinda interrupted that for the foreseeable future. :(

And honestly? I got more of a mood boost from strength training than I ever did from running or other types of cardio. No idea why.
  • Carried_aw4y
    Carried_aw4y Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Too much. There’s always too much on my mind...
  • CacoEther
    Options

I was, but COVID happened and the one gym I could utilize shut down to anyone who wasn't AD military (I live on a military installation, so the gym is free for everyone who lives or works on the installation). They *just* opened yesterday.

I'm really hoping I can snag the rowing machine while everyone's at work during the week and start that up again. I do know that in order to burn more fat, I will have to build up my muscle tissue. I'm probably 40% fat at this point (yikes). Otherwise, I walk everywhere. I used to swim, but again.. COVID kinda interrupted that for the foreseeable future. :(

And honestly? I got more of a mood boost from strength training than I ever did from running or other types of cardio. No idea why.

I need to start doing it too. It’s been a couple years and I feel it. My bf% is in the mid 30s currently despite a fair amount of cardio so that’s clearly not doing much for me. I drink a lot of calories though so while I don’t feel like I eat much, my actual intake would probably surprise me.