What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    A spider dropped down from the ceiling and is behind a large dresser that I cannot move by myself.

get a glass and a piece of paper and keep it near by. then you can put the glass surrounding it when it comes out, slide the paper under the glass and take it outside....

You are just so dang sweet! 😘
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    It's fall and getting colder here. And, like every year... A few pesky mice get in the house.

I have this awesome cat who catches them almost as soon as they get in... But it usually involves him tearing around the house, then dropping the live one in the room, while me and my two kids scream and scatter, then I try to find a container to trap it and then run outside and throw him as far away as I can.

Sometimes the mouse sneaks away - under a couch, or into a corner. Last time there was an empty pop can on the floor (no judging) and after the cat kicked the stunned mouse off the stairs at my daughter and she screamed, the mouse ran into the kitchen, and then tried to climb over the pop can and ended up rolling on it like a bear on a ball! Hahaha, then he escaped.

So I set a trap. And I guess the mouse triggered the trap in the basement, but got flipped off into the floor where my cat caught it... Then he ran upstairs, past me into the kitchen, where I SAW the mouse.

He raced upstairs past my kids and their screaming and then jumped ONTO MY BED AND DROPPED THE MOUSE ON MY DUVET TO PLAY WITH IT!

I snagged it in a container, threw it outside, but now I'm afraid that I'm going to roll over and squeak.

Gaaaaah!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    It's fall and getting colder here. And, like every year... A few pesky mice get in the house.

I have this awesome cat who catches them almost as soon as they get in... But it usually involves him tearing around the house, then dropping the live one in the room, while me and my two kids scream and scatter, then I try to find a container to trap it and then run outside and throw him as far away as I can.

Sometimes the mouse sneaks away - under a couch, or into a corner. Last time there was an empty pop can on the floor (no judging) and after the cat kicked the stunned mouse off the stairs at my daughter and she screamed, the mouse ran into the kitchen, and then tried to climb over the pop can and ended up rolling on it like a bear on a ball! Hahaha, then he escaped.

So I set a trap. And I guess the mouse triggered the trap in the basement, but got flipped off into the floor where my cat caught it... Then he ran upstairs, past me into the kitchen, where I SAW the mouse.

He raced upstairs past my kids and their screaming and then jumped ONTO MY BED AND DROPPED THE MOUSE ON MY DUVET TO PLAY WITH IT!

I snagged it in a container, threw it outside, but now I'm afraid that I'm going to roll over and squeak.

Gaaaaah!

Had a cat once who killed a mouse and put it on my bare chest when I was sleeping. Little *kitten*.

My roommate in college had a cat named Pi. Pi was a fat, calico colored planet of a cat, but one morning, my roommate woke to a desiccated hamster carcass on her pillow.

Unsurprisingly, our upstairs neighbor reported a day or so later that one of her hamsters had escaped and had gone "missing" in our building. :grimace:
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    You are all great... But that isn't helping! Hahaha
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    A spider dropped down from the ceiling and is behind a large dresser that I cannot move by myself.

Better than a wasp, I say. Even a half dead wasp because I swear they instantly magically reincarnate into super-Wasp. And they're angry.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

You do know that when you throw a live mouse outside, he will find his way back in, along with his family(because *that* house was so much fun). You have to either 1)take it far far away or 2) leave it on someone's doorstep that you don't like, smearing peanut butter on their door.

I remember being a dumb little kid and us kids were animal crazy. My older sisters were always going for rides and bringing home stray cats, or going to our local store at Easter time and buying ducks; we had (almost)every kind of pet imaginable. Anyways, I had a habit of being the first one up every a.m. and 1 time found a mouse in the trap, stuck but very much still alive. So I made a nice comfy soft cardboard box home for it, welcomed it, gave it cheese, and later couldn't figure out where it'd gone. Showed it to my mom and she kinda freaked when she saw the hole.

I also remember trying to catch a bat to keep, using fishing nets; we had a shed they used to fly in and out of. That didn't work so well.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options

get a glass and a piece of paper and keep it near by. then you can put the glass surrounding it when it comes out, slide the paper under the glass and take it outside....

If you put the paper down first THEN put the glass over it, if you accidentally use the wrong side of the glass, you have a piece of paper with macabre dead-spider art on it

well there goes my coffee all over the computer screen. thanks a LOT Ghostie

:D
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,021 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I was stopped by this bus and a big line of cars and a bunch of police this morning on the way home from the gym. I never even knew Hoop Bus was a thing. My son told me about it.
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options

You are just so dang sweet! 😘

mosquitoes and flies are a different story Mel ;)
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

You do know that when you throw a live mouse outside, he will find his way back in, along with his family(because *that* house was so much fun). You have to either 1)take it far far away or 2) leave it on someone's doorstep that you don't like, smearing peanut butter on their door.

I remember being a dumb little kid and us kids were animal crazy. My older sisters were always going for rides and bringing home stray cats, or going to our local store at Easter time and buying ducks; we had (almost)every kind of pet imaginable. Anyways, I had a habit of being the first one up every a.m. and 1 time found a mouse in the trap, stuck but very much still alive. So I made a nice comfy soft cardboard box home for it, welcomed it, gave it cheese, and later couldn't figure out where it'd gone. Showed it to my mom and she kinda freaked when she saw the hole.

I also remember trying to catch a bat to keep, using fishing nets; we had a shed they used to fly in and out of. That didn't work so well.

Intuitively I know this to be true... But I cannot kill it myself and I figure if it's dumb enough to come back inside to be mauled by the cat, then hopefully the trap will get them.

I just can't kill them myself, and it's getting too cold to go too far down the street. Lol

As it is, I feel sad when I see their cute little bodies in the traps. It hurts my heart.
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    bbfle0juh0h6.jpeg

is this where you are? oh my god..... :(
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    bbfle0juh0h6.jpeg

colorado, not where i’m at
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    bbfle0juh0h6.jpeg

Looks really similar to where I lived in CA (SoCal, near the Mojave). A few large scale fires took place while I lived there that would burn entire swaths of mountainous land. People were driven from their homes and it would take weeks to stop the burning. The wind makes it harder to control. I imagine in CO, it's similar. :neutral:
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    bbfle0juh0h6.jpeg

colorado, not where i’m at

i'm glad you're not there. but i feel for those who are..... <3
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Tacos
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @Diatonic12 i didn’t mention but each year before I moved away I went to Pigeon Forge and stayed at the Riverstone Resort. A really clutch place. I like showers so I always got the huge showers versus the spa tub.

There is a place called the Local Goat that is really good. I got fried green tomatoes but don’t remember what else.

It’s my favorite restaurant on the strip for not BBQ.