What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I have even more respect for teachers now that I've been homeschooling my daughter 😅

♥️
    and homeschooling is light years easier than teaching a class imo
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I have even more respect for teachers now that I've been homeschooling my daughter 😅

♥️
    and homeschooling is light years easier than teaching a class imo

Absolutely! 💗
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    My personality is on a temporary hold. Maybe next week I’ll be myself. In the meantime maybe I’ll catfish some peeps

oh hey, u need a wingman?

Always 😩
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    My personality is on a temporary hold. Maybe next week I’ll be myself. In the meantime maybe I’ll catfish some peeps

Catfish was mentioned; so here I am. Where be da' fish?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many banned members are lurking in here 🤔

All of them!

Its a public forum. They don't even need to be a member 🤷‍♀️

theres always a few around
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

All of them!

Its a public forum. They don't even need to be a member 🤷‍♀️

theres always a few around

Probably is. I wish some of them were back 💗
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thinking... More so rambling to help me think this out.. Kinda... First a spider, and now contending with yellow jackets in my bedroom. Two today. One each day for the past three days. They arent anywhere else in the house. Hive(?) has to be in the drywall of bedroom? Basement? I see them come and go from two tiny holes in the brick around my windows and ensuite window. Windows are 12 feet above the ground. (Mom becomes agitated when someone she doesnt know comes into the house. Takes me hours to calm her.)

*Meh* Wonder how someone will remove the hive. Will they need to remove part of the wall? This is stuff my dad would have dealt with... Not me.

Rambling finished.

• brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Thinking... More so rambling to help me think this out.. Kinda... First a spider, and now contending with yellow jackets in my bedroom. Two today. One each day for the past three days. They arent anywhere else in the house. Hive(?) has to be in the drywall of bedroom? Basement? I see them come and go from two tiny holes in the brick around my windows and ensuite window. Windows are 12 feet above the ground. (Mom becomes agitated when someone she doesnt know comes into the house. Takes me hours to calm her.)

*Meh* Wonder how someone will remove the hive. Will they need to remove part of the wall? This is stuff my dad would have dealt with... Not me.

Rambling finished.

I don’t think wasps, including mason wasps, drill or burrow through masonary. I think they use preexisting holes or tunnels. They will, however, use whatever space is available to make a nest or hive. So, there very well could be a hive in the wall.

I think the first thing to do would be to identify exactly what type of insect or wasp they are then from there you could figure out a mitigation plan.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Not much really..chilling outside on a spring morning with a cuppa.. life's pretty good.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow’s cups on me. Have a great day.
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I don’t think wasps, including mason wasps, drill or burrow through masonary. I think they use preexisting holes or tunnels. They will, however, use whatever space is available to make a nest or hive. So, there very well could be a hive in the wall.

I think the first thing to do would be to identify exactly what type of insect or wasp they are then from there you could figure out a mitigation plan.

Youre spot on with the preexisting holes. I neglected to say that.
    These buggers are small.. Maybe inch in length? Yellow and black stripes. Im in too much of a hurry to flush them down the toilet to get a good look at them.

(My apologies. I do not know how to properly quote someone sans entire text.)

Yellowjacket_DanMullenFlickr_590x398.png

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Well now, Tim Bits and Tim Horton's is on my mind because someone else mentioned them. : :D

Never been to either. There is a Tim Hortons around here, are they any good?

If you like watery coffee and defrosted donuts.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Well now, Tim Bits and Tim Horton's is on my mind because someone else mentioned them. : :D

If you like watery coffee and defrosted donuts.

thank you -
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Pretty much the Canadian equivalent of Dunkin Donuts from what I've seen/eaten/drank. Tim Horton's does slightly better breakfast sandwiches, though.

Donuts are mostly the same, but I have a fondness in my heart of hearts for cake donuts, which Dunkin' is master of (unless you are lucky to have a really good local donut store).

Oh oh! I've got two that are way too close for my liking. They open up at 5:00 a.m. and close when they run out of doughnuts. They have some crazy, unique combinations. I love the cannoli cream one, but can only eat one. They have bacon/maple, champagne, peanut butter cup, french toast, oreo...just to name a few.

Okay, you have a good "quirky" donut store or two in your area. Very nice. I buy my rare donut (as a treat) from a local baker here. She and her husband just got into making my favorite donuts (flavored cake donuts), but she made excellent yeast donuts (and made all sorts of weird varieties and fillings) as well as making excellent breakfast sandwiches and rolls, one of which is filled with boudin, something you only really see in the Southern U.S.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow’s cups on me. Have a great day.

I hope you're having a good day..

I can near smell fresh roasted coffee beans 🤤