What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i hereby motion that henceforth we refer to every soft drink as "a coke-a-cola".
    All other descriptors, including the following, should be banned-

"pop" (yankees pls no more)
    "soda" (only serial killers call it this)
    "fizzy drinks" (the canadians mostly)
    "coke" (this applies if you live in the south)

Um, a fizzy drink isn't just a pop - fyi
    just so you know
    its a carbonated water, often a flavoUred water drink

pop is the right way to describe "soda" or a grape or rootbeer coke?!?

agree, real coke, is "coke a cola", ...not "pepsi cola" or "RC cola", or "Stevia cola"
    ...or friggin mountain dew
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Wow ... looks like I stumbled upon a heated conversation re: surgery carbonated beverages. I say pop btw. Sometimes carbonated water (like Bubly or Perrier) is referred to as "spicy" water in my house.

Anyway, I came here to complain about how I sabotaged my relatively healthy day with a bag of chips (no pop though) and Wine Gums. But reading this has reminded me there's more to life than CICO, even on a fitness website, such as robust debate about drinks.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Wow ... looks like I stumbled upon a heated conversation re: surgery carbonated beverages. I say pop btw. Sometimes carbonated water (like Bubly or Perrier) is referred to as "spicy" water in my house.

Anyway, I came here to complain about how I sabotaged my relatively healthy day with a bag of chips (no pop though) and Wine Gums. But reading this has reminded me there's more to life than CICO, even on a fitness website, such as robust debate about drinks.

I'm more interested in your complaint than the soda debate. But then again, CICO is all I think about these days.

That being said, Diet Dr. Pepper really does taste more like regular Dr. Pepper.

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Well now, Tim Bits and Tim Horton's is on my mind because someone else mentioned them. : :D
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Well now, Tim Bits and Tim Horton's is on my mind because someone else mentioned them. : :D

Never been to either. There is a Tim Hortons around here, are they any good?

IMO it’s decidedly average. I don’t drink coffee but I’ve heard from coffee drinkers it’s just okay. They do have lots of options for food so it’s an easy default, but it’s not necessarily healthy or fresh. Timmy’s is probably one of the most overrated things about Canada. Now if you want a good Canadian coffee chain check out Second Cup. They have the best London Fogs! And then their holiday London Fogs are even better. And they have fresh food and frozen yogurt too!
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »

IMO it’s decidedly average. I don’t drink coffee but I’ve heard from coffee drinkers it’s just okay. They do have lots of options for food so it’s an easy default, but it’s not necessarily healthy or fresh. Timmy’s is probably one of the most overrated things about Canada. Now if you want a good Canadian coffee chain check out Second Cup. They have the best London Fogs! And then their holiday London Fogs are even better. And they have fresh food and frozen yogurt too!

I concur, but admittedly I’ve only been to one Tim’s a couple times in northern Michigan. Peeps disagreed with my opinion.

I’ve never been to Second Cup but I sure will when I’m within traveling distance to one next.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I'll ever be able to work again. I worked in nursing for years until I had a major depression a few years ago. After I (kind of) recovered from that, I tried to find something less stressful for me and worked at a car dealership, I hated it. Returned to nursing and then I got diagnosed with cancer and haven't worked in over 1 year. If I ever go back to work, I don't know what path I will take. I feel like my priorities and way of looking at life as changed and I don't want to do anything that doesn't make me happy anymore. All I know is that I don't think I'll be returning to work for a while..

What about teaching nursing online? There's a huge market, and you'd be doing something meaningful to you. When I look for adjunct positions there always seem to be openings for people to teach nursing courses.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I'll ever be able to work again. I worked in nursing for years until I had a major depression a few years ago. After I (kind of) recovered from that, I tried to find something less stressful for me and worked at a car dealership, I hated it. Returned to nursing and then I got diagnosed with cancer and haven't worked in over 1 year. If I ever go back to work, I don't know what path I will take. I feel like my priorities and way of looking at life as changed and I don't want to do anything that doesn't make me happy anymore. All I know is that I don't think I'll be returning to work for a while..

What about teaching nursing online? There's a huge market, and you'd be doing something meaningful to you. When I look for adjunct positions there always seem to be openings for people to teach nursing courses.

I don't think I will go back to nursing. I know there's a chance I will probably not be physically able to. I'm suffering from neurophaty right now because chemo affected my nervous system and a few days ago I woke up with my left arm completely numb. Hopefully it will come back to normal with treatment. I guess I'll just try to focus of recovering from everything my body had been through in the last year for now. Maybe with time I'll figure things out.

Oh my gosh. That sounds terrifying. Yes - it sounds like focusing on your health is paramount! <3
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I have even more respect for teachers now that I've been homeschooling my daughter 😅
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

I'm in the market for a new pimp. How are you with handling money and b**** slapping?

c14hu8pssoo4.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Pretty much the Canadian equivalent of Dunkin Donuts from what I've seen/eaten/drank. Tim Horton's does slightly better breakfast sandwiches, though.

Donuts are mostly the same, but I have a fondness in my heart of hearts for cake donuts, which Dunkin' is master of (unless you are lucky to have a really good local donut store).
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    3lo87pz0h8zz.jpg

yr5r7xv8ghhx.gif

• MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options

I don't think I will go back to nursing. I know there's a chance I will probably not be physically able to. I'm suffering from neurophaty right now because chemo affected my nervous system and a few days ago I woke up with my left arm completely numb. Hopefully it will come back to normal with treatment. I guess I'll just try to focus of recovering from everything my body had been through in the last year for now. Maybe with time I'll figure things out.

i'm going to DM you with an idea...
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I have even more respect for teachers now that I've been homeschooling my daughter 😅

Yup.

Also, a huge shout out of appreciation to all you parents who have been doing it for years.