What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    I miss hockey. Why is every other sport so boring and terrible?

I miss playing hockey 😭. Every other sport is boring and terrible

I played centre until Junior C (4th line best line). What pos did/do you play?

I played lets get all the siblings and neighbors down to the outdoor rink at the park :) My dad had us all in skates as toddlers and we’d play 3-4 nights a week all winter long. Some of my fondest memories involve those years.

My high school didn’t have girls hockey until my junior year and i was too shy to go out for it. I was a perfectionist and terrified of failure and/or getting out of my comfort zone. The coach was my phy ed teacher, and he took me aside during gym one day and tried to encourage me to join for ten minutes. That memory still feels nice.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    9ojd5io5tsp9.png
  • CacoEther
    Options

I played lets get all the siblings and neighbors down to the outdoor rink at the park :) My dad had us all in skates as toddlers and we’d play 3-4 nights a week all winter long. Some of my fondest memories involve those years.

My high school didn’t have girls hockey until my junior year and i was too shy to go out for it. I was a perfectionist and terrified of failure and/or getting out of my comfort zone. The coach was my phy ed teacher, and he took me aside during gym one day and tried to encourage me to join for ten minutes. That memory still feels nice.

are u sure you are not canadan

But I didn’t even apologize once
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I wish i could visit Quebec.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Come on down to Montreal, Quebec, y'all! It's the most fun...in two at LEAST languages. And @CacoEther I'm totally down for an alley game as long as I'm the one who gets to yell "CAR!!" (Well, "CHAR!!" since it's Quebec)
  • CacoEther
    Options

are u sure you are not canadan

But I didn’t even apologize once

So you could be a French Canadian.

Apparently thems fightin words 😄

I’m Norwegian so i do my fair share of apologizing too, although it comes out more like “Ope!”

I’d love to live in beautiful Canada but y’all quit takin my calls one pandemic ago
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked in 13 months and I'm really starting to feel useless.

You are far from useless. It may seem minuscule, but you make a lot of people smile, and you serve as a shinning example of true bravery.

Thank you so much for saying that 💗 It means more than you know. I'm just a little hard on myself sometimes. I lost alot of things in the past year because of my illness, things I worked my *kitten* off for. I've always been a workaholic and now I can barely go for a 1 hour walk. I know it will get better but it's just been a *kitten* year.

I completely understand.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    On another note. I started a plant based diet today. My oncologist and his team referred me to a vegan nutritionist and I went to see her yesterday, I started today and the tofu I ate for dinner that was supposed to taste like chicken tasted nothing like chicken 😅 This isn't going to be easy.

I can't even imagine giving up meat. Or cheese. But meat AND cheese? I don't think I could do it.

Nope. Don't think I could do it at all!
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I'm tired and trying to figure out how to decorate a cake for my son's birthday tomorrow. I know basics, not making character faces out of icing. :grimace:

Also, with all the talk between myself and my stepmom, I'm wondering if maybe it would benefit me more to go have a routine exam done at some point even though I was told I could go five years or more without one because my results last time came back normal. Hers did, too.. and it was only the new(er) doctor wanting to take a small biopsy based on a hunch that even caught her cancer at the stage it was at (Stage III).

What kind of cake are you thinking of? You could always make cute cupcakes? On my daughtelast birthday I baked a bunch of cupcakes and her and her friends all decorated them. They really enjoyed that. I made kind of a candy bar with all kinds of icing and treats, it was a hit.

About your routine exam... from my experience, it's always best to go even if you've been told you don't have to. When I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer I was told a couple months before that I was cancer free. Little did I know that it came back with a vengeance. It's always best to prevent so it can't do you any harm ❤