Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    me in 1993: "oh man i bet we'll have flying cars by the year 2020"

actual 2020:

y4nn0ch1vtt4.jpg

... Radiohead/The Smiths are not "male manipulator" music. FFS.

2020 can shove its coronavirus laden *kitten* in a rocket and launch itself into actual *kitten* space. I'm really tired of people trying to either politicize everything or tell people they can't enjoy something (like music) because they think it's representative of something else that it isn't.

Rolling-my-eyes-gif.gif

P.S. Nothing against you, this just annoys me. :heart:

lol no worries
    but the absurdity of the statement just got me thinking we need our own even more absurd "toxic signs" thread where we all increasingly find fault with someone else's preferences for anything no matter how insignifcant

though i guess we do have the red flags thread already tbf
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    me in 1993: "oh man i bet we'll have flying cars by the year 2020"

actual 2020:

y4nn0ch1vtt4.jpg

... Radiohead/The Smiths are not "male manipulator" music. FFS.

2020 can shove its coronavirus laden *kitten* in a rocket and launch itself into actual *kitten* space. I'm really tired of people trying to either politicize everything or tell people they can't enjoy something (like music) because they think it's representative of something else that it isn't.

Rolling-my-eyes-gif.gif

P.S. Nothing against you, this just annoys me. :heart:

lol no worries
    but the absurdity of the statement just got me thinking we need our own even more absurd "toxic signs" thread where we all increasingly find fault with someone else's preferences for anything no matter how insignifcant

though i guess we do have the red flags thread already tbf

:lol: People already use that thread to do what you're talking about. In jest, I think. :neutral: Can never tell with people 'round these parts. :lol:
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    gbpidpqk1dr6.png

The Christmas tree going up in NYC. Fairly sure it feels how we all do about this year..

That is a depressed tree.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    gbpidpqk1dr6.png

The Christmas tree going up in NYC. Fairly sure it feels how we all do about this year..

That is a depressed tree.

Who told you my safe word?!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    gbpidpqk1dr6.png

It's like a giant Charlie Brown Christmas tree 🤗...
    All it needs is a little love 🤗... 😂
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    gbpidpqk1dr6.png

I know christmas lights are pretty magical... but I don't think they're THAT magical.

It does seem fitting though.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    gbpidpqk1dr6.png

This tree looks like a hurricane hit it. :lol:
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    gbpidpqk1dr6.png

This tree looks like a hurricane hit it. :lol:

ROFL I love me a big ol' Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

8f7af251de4bceb624d53db2b440bde0.gif

• KosmosKitten
    Options
    Is everyone going to hate 2021 just as bad when they wake up Jan 2 and realize Jan 1 wasn't just a hangover and everything still the same as 2020?

I'd prefer to drink and continue to not think about it. :lol:
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    Is everyone going to hate 2021 just as bad when they wake up Jan 2 and realize Jan 1 wasn't just a hangover and everything still the same as 2020?

I'll have 12 months to decide how I feel about 2021.

IDK I kinda feel like 2020 was condemned in April for most folks, by June everyone hated it. Considering our Rona score is going to start 2021 at or near the highest point of 2020 I think it may get called even earlier. Hey at least we won't still be hearing about elections though.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

i just really hope this covid stuff is over next year before the whole "civil war" thing gets going otherwise its gonna be kinda annoying trying to hide up in the trees with the boys and wait for the redcoats for hours if i have the sniffles too

You may have to dip into your stockpile of cough meds.
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options

i just really hope this covid stuff is over next year before the whole "civil war" thing gets going otherwise its gonna be kinda annoying trying to hide up in the trees with the boys and wait for the redcoats for hours if i have the sniffles too

You think we'll still have trees?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

You think we'll still have trees?

well at least until the local health authority determines that trees were the actual cause of covid this whole time