What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Had a bad day. One icy bridge. Two collisions. A bunch of jerky people. No cell reception at the site. Cold.

gs5iiproyp7r.jpeg
    r2gn67n56czr.jpeg
    tdw9tabo4vbf.jpeg

Oh bugger, that sucks.. hope you and all involved are ok 🙂

That's some bad luck. :( Stay safe!!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    @aChuisle_moChroi that does sound a bad day! Was everyone okay?

My thoughts. Hope there are no injuries to you and sometimes it takes awhile until the shock wears off. I wrapped my car around a bull elk going 65 mph in the middle of the night and I was all by myself with no cell service. I totaled it.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Had a bad day. One icy bridge. Two collisions. A bunch of jerky people. No cell reception at the site. Cold.

gs5iiproyp7r.jpeg
    r2gn67n56czr.jpeg
    tdw9tabo4vbf.jpeg

😮 Hope everyone involved is safe
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @aChuisle_moChroi Both sides of the car? Ooof 😳 Hope your insurance doesn't give you a hassle and you're back on the road safely soon.
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    At least you're OK. That is what matters.

If it were me, and you didn't go to get checked out at the Dr.'s like I wouldn't either, I'd pick up some Motrin.

Tomorrow is when you'll need it.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Not my Lee McRoy 😱

So glad you’re okay.. getting in an accident in the cold is one of my biggest fears. When it’s -40 and the windshield is blown out, you don’t get a lot of time for help to arrive
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! No one was hurt. My neck and right side are a little sore, but no plans to go to the doctor (yep, I’m like you, tman). My beagle was pretty badly shaken but doesn’t seem to be injured. Thankfully we have another car. One bright spot: while we were waiting for our ride outside the town’s one store, an old feller in a 10-gallon hat sidled up, took the measure of our two small dogs, and said “now there’s a pair to draw on.” He also offered us a ride. ❤️🐶

Yikes, happy to hear there are no (as far as you know), major injuries. I hope you curl up and take it easy for awhile. Hug your two dogs and comfort them (and take care of yourself). Remember to go to a doctor if you need it. Sometimes automobile injuries don't show up for a few days (especially head/neck trauma). If something seems off, please try and get it checked out. <3

Also, hooray for the small kindness of strangers. <3<3
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »
    So. Hard. To. Not. Respond.....

I gotta be good. I gotta be good. I gotta be good...

😂 😂 😂

@aChuisle_moChroi Glad no one was hurt! Hope there isn't too much lingering soreness from the car accident!
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Not my Lee McRoy 😱

So glad you’re okay.. getting in an accident in the cold is one of my biggest fears. When it’s -40 and the windshield is blown out, you don’t get a lot of time for help to arrive

About 10 years back we had a snow steamer come off of Lake Huron down here and blow length wise down Highway 402. It dumped several feet of snow on the highway in a few hours in white out conditions. People who were driving anything smaller than a Ford F250 got stuck on the highway for almost two full days for some of them before they were able to evacuate everybody. It was shocking the number of people that were driving between cities with noting but their office worker clothes and no coats, boots, gloves, hats, etc. My buddy and I volunteered with our snow machines to take food (Bologna and mustard sammie's), water and blankets out to stranded motorists and mark their locations and situation for the emergency workers. If there weren't people out responding right away a lot of people would have just froze to death on the first night.
    If you live in a cold clime you should always have appropriate clothes for a long walk in the bitter cold even if you don't plan on being outside of your car/your destination for longer than a minute. You never know when you might have to spend the night in your car or take a long walk through the deep snow.

Ahh, everyone’s favorite: bologna and mustard sammies 😂

Around that same time we had a blizzard whip up unexpectedly on interstate and a small accident turned into a 100 car pileup. Highway patrol was called off because they simply couldn’t get to people. Same story though.. people were wearing t-shirts and flip flops because they were just running out to get milk 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • tmantwo
    Options
    ^ Bumper dumper, Backpack Bide, and all my other ideas FTW.

But, seriously, that sucks.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Tbone... yep lunch today is a dirty big tbone and I'm thinking about it 🤤🥩
  • tmantwo
    Options
    ^ I always knew you were a great person. Thank you.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    A heart to heart with my dad this morning. No chance in hell I'll ever let him go into a home. We're together until the end. That is the way it's going to be.

Aww 🤗 Im glad you got that chat in.

After the Benny event ( his bestie being put in a home ) my dad and I had subsequent similar talk he's more at peace. I just assumed he knew but apparently not.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    A heart to heart with my dad this morning. No chance in hell I'll ever let him go into a home. We're together until the end. That is the way it's going to be.

Precious! 🤗

I know he’s thankful for you.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Not my Lee McRoy 😱

About 10 years back we had a snow steamer come off of Lake Huron down here and blow length wise down Highway 402. It dumped several feet of snow on the highway in a few hours in white out conditions. People who were driving anything smaller than a Ford F250 got stuck on the highway for almost two full days for some of them before they were able to evacuate everybody. It was shocking the number of people that were driving between cities with noting but their office worker clothes and no coats, boots, gloves, hats, etc. My buddy and I volunteered with our snow machines to take food (Bologna and mustard sammie's), water and blankets out to stranded motorists and mark their locations and situation for the emergency workers. If there weren't people out responding right away a lot of people would have just froze to death on the first night.
    If you live in a cold clime you should always have appropriate clothes for a long walk in the bitter cold even if you don't plan on being outside of your car/your destination for longer than a minute. You never know when you might have to spend the night in your car or take a long walk through the deep snow.

Thanks. We were very well prepared with food, water, wiper fluid, wool blankets, hats, boots (goretex hiking boots and sorels, with an extra dry pair for each of us), fleece jackets, goretex shells, hats, at least six pairs of gloves of different weights for different uses, extra pairs of dry wool socks, shovels, and even a saw. I’ve lived in the Sierra for 30 years. We could have survived for days.

ETA — oops, I see you were responding to caco. I also used to live in MN. Survival up there is another matter completely. So freaking cold. The scary thing to me is that even if you have everything you need to survive, if you’re not wearing it when you crash, you might lie there unconscious and bleeding, freezing to death. I’m sort of paranoid and always overprepared. I’m a super cautious driver in a very safe Subaru AWD. Hitting a GMC Sierra that didn’t move an inch as my car crumbled is making me feel like I’d be better off in a truck. I’ve always loved Subarus, though.