What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: Β»
    Is it odd sounding to hear a 50 yr old man refer to his girlfriend? Is there another word to use for older prople, Significant other sounds stuffy to me.

Well that depends on the seriousness of the relationship. If it's just a female you know it won't last, girlfriend seems appropriate. If it's someone you're looking into a future with, fiancee, wife, love of my life....

In truth, whatever name you choose to refer her to as, she will be happy with because she'll have you :)
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Is it odd sounding to hear a 50 yr old man refer to his girlfriend? Is there another word to use for older prople, Significant other sounds stuffy to me.

Last chance? :p
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I love these guys but they scare the bejeezus when I ride my bike at night.

r4wooqdlb8ec.jpg

5ix9zfd7qjgy.jpg

EDIT
    Holy *kitten*..

Their wingspan is 3 feet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqKnRpch2wI

Whooosh!

They scare me a bit too. I have an old fig tree they just love and at night if I walk under it I can hear the whoop whoop noise of giant wings taking off or them coming into land..
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

r4wooqdlb8ec.jpg

5ix9zfd7qjgy.jpg

EDIT
    Holy *kitten*..

Whooosh!

They scare me a bit too. I have an old fig tree they just love and at night if I walk under it I can hear the whoop whoop noise of giant wings taking off or them coming into land..

Snekes

Crockadials

Spideers

Now Bats Too ?

tCd.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Ball and chain? Fan? Admirer? Better half? Gangster *kitten?* Flame? Hearthrob?

πŸ˜‚ you πŸ€—

Add..
    Love muffin
    Bit o crumpet
    Bedwarmer
    Ol girl

Kidding 😜

The name I liked the most was "darlin" but Im not sure if it was the word or the accent. πŸ™‚

Maybe just call her by her name ? Do you have to qualify who she is to others ?

Congratulations in any event.. going to be in the dad bod thread soon? πŸ˜ƒ
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

πŸ˜‚ you πŸ€—

Add..
    Love muffin
    Bit o crumpet
    Bedwarmer
    Ol girl

Kidding 😜

The name I liked the most was "darlin" but Im not sure if it was the word or the accent. πŸ™‚

Bed Warmer?

go with: "Beddie" too.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

r4wooqdlb8ec.jpg

5ix9zfd7qjgy.jpg

EDIT
    Holy *kitten*..

Whooosh!

Snekes

Crockadials

Spideers

Now Bats Too ?

tCd.gif

And yet you aren't afraid of the most dangerous.. me πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

I will look after you πŸ€— theres no critters in the basem.... errrmm , I mean inside πŸ˜‰
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    @reenieHJ - thank you so much for the kind words about my song. <3

I just finished work for the day! YAY finished early, and they're letting us off the hook for more work tomorrow, so I'm done for the weekend. I am so fried mentally from this week that I just want to sleep... but really need to do a workout and actually feed the kids, so maybe just a quick nap. lol
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options

Squeeze? Just joking πŸ˜€
    I think girlfriend is appropriate,
    everything else sounds strange.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

πŸ˜‚ you πŸ€—

Add..
    Love muffin
    Bit o crumpet
    Bedwarmer
    Ol girl

Kidding 😜

Well lets just say its a hypothetical relationship. πŸ˜‰. So lets just say im talking with you and i say, me and Xiomara went to dinner last night. You say, who is Xiomara? I say, she is.........darlin? That is no good unless im speaking with her.....but what about when i talk about this theoretical female to you? I think i will be stuck with girlfriend.....

Good thing this is a theoretical situation 😁
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

πŸ˜‚ you πŸ€—

Add..
    Love muffin
    Bit o crumpet
    Bedwarmer
    Ol girl

Kidding 😜

Well lets just say its a hypothetical relationship. πŸ˜‰. So lets just say im talking with you and i say, me and Xiomara went to dinner last night. You say, who is Xiomara? I say, she is.........darlin? That is no good unless im speaking with her.....but what about when i talk about this theoretical female to you? I think i will be stuck with girlfriend.....

How about.. Xiomara is my future baby mama ? πŸ˜„ or sweetheart πŸ˜‰
    Yeah, you're right gf is probably best.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

πŸ˜‚ you πŸ€—

Add..
    Love muffin
    Bit o crumpet
    Bedwarmer
    Ol girl

Kidding 😜

If you have the privilege of spending an increasing about of intimate time with someone named Xiomara, you best just say their full name all the time and as much as you can. It sounds so lovely 😍 ~ your amateur onomastician, MaltedTea
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,075 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

I think it sounds great. I don’t get what’s odd about it.
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    You know that song "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus?" If you're young enough to believe in Santa it must seem like a rather tawdry song about a child witnessing his mothers infidelity. People should probably keep that one off of their Christmas play list if they have kids. They're going to think Santa's just going around door to door *kitten* peoples Moms.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    @aChuisle_moChroi that does sound a bad day! Was everyone okay?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Had a bad day. One icy bridge. Two collisions. A bunch of jerky people. No cell reception at the site. Cold.

gs5iiproyp7r.jpeg
    r2gn67n56czr.jpeg
    tdw9tabo4vbf.jpeg

That is a huge bummer!
    I hope everyone is okay.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Had a bad day. One icy bridge. Two collisions. A bunch of jerky people. No cell reception at the site. Cold.

gs5iiproyp7r.jpeg
    r2gn67n56czr.jpeg
    tdw9tabo4vbf.jpeg

Oh bugger, that sucks.. hope you and all involved are ok πŸ™‚