Options

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Shaved a years worth of beard off today and now the bottom half of my face is white as a sheet.

This always makes me sad. 😔
    I guess because when my ex shaved his after 25yrs I cried for a week. 😂

... um, they grow back ya'know ?

Exes?

They usually come back thicker too.

And with a vengeance

But a little more patchy?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Shaved a years worth of beard off today and now the bottom half of my face is white as a sheet.

Exes?

And with a vengeance

Ummm...Just here to cheer on your new PP @PlentyofProtein00. What a cutie-patootie!! 😌
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Exes?

And with a vengeance

Ummm...Just here to cheer on your new PP @PlentyofProtein00. What a cutie-patootie!! 😌

But...my beard is patchy 😐
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Exes?

And with a vengeance

But...my beard is patchy 😐

Same, sis...same 🤣😩
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Those bats are mega sized!! We have little ones around here and I love going out at dusk in the early fall to watch them during feeding time. When I was little, we had them living in a shed of ours; when they'd fly in and out I tried catching them with a net. Never got one and most likely a good thing. I would've screamed bloody murder.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    <3<3
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Is it odd sounding to hear a 50 yr old man refer to his girlfriend? Is there another word to use for older prople, Significant other sounds stuffy to me.

Call her your beautiful woman. Hugs and Butt Smacks

Be sure and tell Daryl that I said, Hello, won't you? Give him my best regards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yxoob6aPtk
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Is it odd sounding to hear a 50 yr old man refer to his girlfriend? Is there another word to use for older prople, Significant other sounds stuffy to me.

It does sound odd to me when I hear it, but I don't think it should, at least not for me. I want to shake the oddness out of hearing it because I want to lose those ageist sensibilities. It's like, why does it have to sound odd? People in their 40s, 50s and beyond should be able to have partners they aren't married to and I should be able to call those partners by the same descriptors as I would for a younger person.

I've never liked the term significant other. Next time I'm in a couple I'm definitely going to refer to him as my boyfriend, until it feels normal.

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options

Not really.
    Makes you seem kind of, fun?

Idk if that’s the right word.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »

It does sound odd to me when I hear it, but I don't think it should, at least not for me. I want to shake the oddness out of hearing it because I want to lose those ageist sensibilities. It's like, why does it have to sound odd? People in their 40s, 50s and beyond should be able to have partners they aren't married to and I should be able to call those partners by the same descriptors as I would for a younger person.

I've never liked the term significant other. Next time I'm in a couple I'm definitely going to refer to him as my boyfriend, until it feels normal.

It does take some getting used to. I dont know why it feels weird but it did or does 🤨
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options

It does take some getting used to. I dont know why it feels weird but it did or does 🤨

For me it's the whole "boy" and "girl" nomenclature. It feels childish. I don't tend to refer to grownups as boys or girls.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options

For me it's the whole "boy" and "girl" nomenclature. It feels childish. I don't tend to refer to grownups as boys or girls.

I get this.
    Until we come up with something better, the alternative would be man/gentleman friend or woman/lady friend.
    But I usually think of these as terms older people use to describe either their friends of the opposite gender or maybe people they're dating. So it seems like there's an age category for those, too.

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

My uncle has referred to his SO as his "Ol lady", since he was like 30... 😂

Out of every thing I've ever heard, I still like that one the best... And that Dude is probably the cockiest machoist Latino I've ever known... 😂, he's also the funniest...

I really gotta get better at catching up with people 😂
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    What I found more odd is when my mother was dating and I would say , " mom & her boyfriend "
  • MaltedTea
    Options

Couple goals...
    itqoexcdd4c8.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options

Umm are congrats in order? 😅

I think girlfriend sounds totally normal regardless of the age.

If you can’t get used to it but like having her around, you can always change it to fiancée 😏

Tried that... Turns out ex is all encompassing. Lol