Options
    Happy new year in case I forget but maybe I'll say it five more times
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Just wanted to say a quick and hopefully not too sappy thank you to every MFPer I've come across in 2020.

It's an online forum, where the vast majority of us don't use our names or even show our faces, but many of you have managed to touch my soul with kindness, insightfulness, and - despite a sad, global pandemic - extreme levels of necessary silliness. It really helped carry me through a lot of offline, real-world grind.

May all of you I've met, as well as all that I will meet here in the future, have such a stellar 2021 (and beyond) that this year seems as close as possible to inconsequential.

I love this.....and damn fond of you as well. You are a pretty special woman.

WTH how do posts like this earn the disagrees? SMH Some people are weird.

Haha guess I wasn't the 1st to mention it.

Happy New Year everyone!! May it be one to remember and not in all the ways 2020 has been.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone!

May your year be full of goal smashing and achieving a healthier you! 💪🏻🤗

operating on one cup of coffee, I read this as 'Goat Smashing' and thought:

"Dang, 2021 is certainly off to a weird start."

Haha I read goal smashing in YOUR post and couldn't figure out why that is weird. Lol

Then I saw the t and giggled.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    I don't like food prep or planning. Hate it.

I am excited about lifting, and hopefully shedding a few pounds of fat yet.

I really want to hit a 200lb squat (5x5). It's my nemesis and I'm a bit scared of it, so I have been going slowly.

But if I could never worry about food and just have the right stuff magically there for me. That would be a dream come true.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Being reminded yet again that I don't fit in anywhere and no group will ever be for me. I never feel at home, I'm always wandering and eventually, I drift away because I'm treated as virtually invisible, or that I'm too old, despite the thing bringing us together existing in MY formative years, not theirs.

A recent example: I left a group revolving around a musical group we all enjoy. Not only did it become blatantly obvious that I was on the "old" side, despite the group's formation happening when I was in college +10 years ago, but that politically and intrinsically, I would probably not get along with them. They ignored me most times when I would contribute to conversation, they kept making really erroneous statements in regards to gun control/safety/DoD regulations (things I have a lot of experience with). And mentally, I'm always struggling with "imposter syndrome". Always struggling with feeling left out, with being excluded, etc. And this just made it worse.

It's such a lovely way to start 2021. :disappointed:

Know that you have the right - and mirror responsibility - to take up space, to exist, to share, to be heard, as well as seen. That cannot be taken from you and I hope you never consider relinquishing it.

ETA: but also what does the music's enjoyment have to do with military defense regulations? 😭
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Being reminded yet again that I don't fit in anywhere and no group will ever be for me. I never feel at home, I'm always wandering and eventually, I drift away because I'm treated as virtually invisible, or that I'm too old, despite the thing bringing us together existing in MY formative years, not theirs.

A recent example: I left a group revolving around a musical group we all enjoy. Not only did it become blatantly obvious that I was on the "old" side, despite the group's formation happening when I was in college +10 years ago, but that politically and intrinsically, I would probably not get along with them. They ignored me most times when I would contribute to conversation, they kept making really erroneous statements in regards to gun control/safety/DoD regulations (things I have a lot of experience with). And mentally, I'm always struggling with "imposter syndrome". Always struggling with feeling left out, with being excluded, etc. And this just made it worse.

It's such a lovely way to start 2021. :disappointed:

Know that you have the right - and mirror responsibility - to take up space, to exist, to share, to be heard, as well as seen. That cannot be taken from you and I hope you never consider relinquishing it.

ETA: but also what does the music's enjoyment have to do with military defense regulations? 😭

Nothing. They just happen to have a channel in the Discord to discuss politics and someone brought it up. I normally mute that channel as I don't want to be in a music Discord to discuss heavy topics like politics or current events going on of that nature. The channels exist to keep the general channel from getting clogged by those topics, or topics of health (questions people might have that others can help with), serious issues (talk about suicide, self-harm or just anything super heavy that a person might be going through) and few other things. Each of those topics have their own unique channel in the discord you can go through.

Really, what solidified my desire to leave was constantly being ignored when I would say something or contribute. I was just being reminded of how often that happens to me in actual life.. where I'll be having a conversation and be completely ignored for someone else more "compelling, attractive, charismatic, etc." It's like I'm just not there.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @KosmosKitten @KickassAmazon76

iark3wk2cwqb.png

I've been reading your posts. I get it. New Year's has a way of doing this to a person. I have been keeping journals for a very long time and I went back and looked. You're right on target to feel this way because I feel this very same way on almost every New Year.

Between New Year's optimism and I wasn't born yesterday so I can't fool myself realism, between gung-ho and ho-hum is my balance. I don't have any New Year's resolutions. I only want to be caught between completely overreaching and totally underachieving. Don't go anywhere.

I made my own threads so I can do everything on my own terms. I give myself permission to do my own thinking. I know myself and so do both of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms1MY9SP7f4