What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I have used two...wonder won figured me out??
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'll try to make mine, concerning Halloween; since that's when I'll shave my head! It should be cold enough, to wear hats regularly then!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    I have used two...wonder won figured me out??

Unfortunately I know people that have been banned for this. Sucks cuz they weren't doing anything malicious with either account and they were really good people but someone got butt hurt over nothing and reported them.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Thinking I should dance, but I'm kind of in a funk right now :/
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    avocado on a sweet potato instead of butter is absolutely aces
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I soooooooo love the ignore button on MFP

:(:'(
  • jdlobb
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    I have to write a paper about Scandinavian corporate governance structures by midnight tonight, and I just don't wanna.

Well that sounds like so much fun

I got 2 pages in and had to throw in the towel. It'll be late. I can't process coherent thoughts on it right now.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    Today was a long day. A co-worker called in sick. Again. Is it bad that it really infuriates me? If it was something occasional, it wouldn't bother me. This happens way too much. There's always someone gone on a Monday, the day after a holiday, Friday, or they leave early on a Friday. *sigh* vent over.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    What I'm I going to treat myself to before taking the family to Disneyland next week for my week off... Hmmm
    Just got a promotion and with a nice raise and I deserve a little something for myself :smirk:

You know what you need to buy :smiley: and I think you should!
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I have to write a paper about Scandinavian corporate governance structures by midnight tonight, and I just don't wanna.

I got 2 pages in and had to throw in the towel. It'll be late. I can't process coherent thoughts on it right now.

Two pages is better than none ..
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I soooooooo love the ignore button on MFP

:(:'(

I can still see you ;)

:* I thank the lord for the ignore button too ..
    And I can see you too ;)
  • jdlobb
    Options

true. I got the overview and first section done. Tomorrow I just have to expand on the details.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

true. I got the overview and first section done. Tomorrow I just have to expand on the details.

Can I ask why you have to write the paper? For work? Study?
  • jdlobb
    Options

getting another masters degree. the paper is for Corporate Governance & Ethics.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

*nods head* pretending to understand lol
    What is your degree in?
  • jdlobb
    Options

What is your degree in?

Financial Economics

The course is about how corporations are governed. The role of shareholders and the board of directors.

Norway, and all of the Nordic countries, have a really unique model with some interesting features. For example, they require a board of directors to be at least 40% women (or men technically), companies over a certain size have to have an advisory committee elected by workers and shareholders that oversees the board, and employees elect either 1 or 2 of their colleagues to serve on the board.

The results have been really good compared to the US. Lower levels of inequality, fewer scandals, and the highest number of Fortune 2000 companies per capital in the world. All really impressive.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

What is your degree in?

Financial Economics

The course is about how corporations are governed. The role of shareholders and the board of directors.

Norway, and all of the Nordic countries, have a really unique model with some interesting features. For example, they require a board of directors to be at least 40% women (or men technically), companies over a certain size have to have an advisory committee elected by workers and shareholders that oversees the board, and employees elect either 1 or 2 of their colleagues to serve on the board.

The results have been really good compared to the US. Lower levels of inequality, fewer scandals, and the highest number of Fortune 2000 companies per capital in the world. All really impressive.

That is interesting.. Im thinking Australia needs to follow that model :smile:
  • jdlobb
    Options

What is your degree in?

Financial Economics

That is interesting.. Im thinking Australia needs to follow that model :smile:

It seems to be a pretty good model. Don't know how Australia works. The US model is pretty poor though.