Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's on your mind?

Replies

• MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,654 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,654 Member
    First off, wow you do not look like you have a a 21 yr old...and 2nd...I can relate, my 23 yr old says I sheltered them too much😬...I was not a helicopter mom...so ...what does that mean???? Its my job to protect.

Nor do you look like someone with a 23-year-old! As to their reactions; we moms can't ever get it right. But we can be smug should the time come and they ever have their own kids 😂

• ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,082 Member Member Posts: 7,082 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    First off, wow you do not look like you have a a 21 yr old...and 2nd...I can relate, my 23 yr old says I sheltered them too much😬...I was not a helicopter mom...so ...what does that mean???? Its my job to protect.

Nor do you look like someone with a 23-year-old! As to their reactions; we moms can't ever get it right. But we can be smug should the time come and they ever have their own kids 😂

This is exactly what you'll find. As an "older" mother(66) with 3 sons--28, 35, and 36, I heard all these comments on my way of raising them. It was a downer after trying to be the best mother you could. Now, sometimes, they're talking among themselves and judging people they know and say things like "What do you expect, they were raised with no discipline, etc...." I just about spit out my coffee after years of hearing about my "mistakes". My older son now has 2 little boys and the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak. So, as they grow and mature, and especially have their own, you'll be appreciated. Try not to let it bother you. This has been going on since the dawn of time.

So true, especially about how much you'll be appreciated as they grow, mature and have their own. You and I are similar ages with closely aged children, I'm 67 with a ds who's turning 40, and 2 dds who are 30 and 28. Except my kids don't have any little ones in their foreseeable futures. Perhaps growing up in a family who ran an in-home child care forever, was a great birth control plan. :) Not that I'm happy about that but it isn't up to me. :/
  • Miss_Chiev0us_Miss_Chiev0us_ Member Posts: 2,186 Member Member Posts: 2,186 Member
    I rewatched a bunch of old movies last night until 3am and I had a dream that I was trying to weird science someone and Michael Keaton was my dad. When I opened my laptop this morning to do some homework I still felt like I was in my dream 😅
  • honey_honey_12honey_honey_12 Member, Premium Posts: 1,148 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,148 Member
    fjr6iggyzpxu.gif

b8xj2n1r1ndl.gif

h4c9ckcbc7go.gif
    edited May 12
  • eatpolerepeateatpolerepeat Member Posts: 24,253 Member Member Posts: 24,253 Member
    terrordawg wrote: »
    Being empathetic can be f#@king exhausting sometimes

🤗❤
  • Miss_Chiev0us_Miss_Chiev0us_ Member Posts: 2,186 Member Member Posts: 2,186 Member
    Haha so did you two come here for excitement? To be entertained? Educated?
    Love the girl with the window. :) And I think we all need one of those pink jeeps. What fun that'd be. It's like those dudes with the small sized clown cars that used to be in parades. I want to do that, then throw out candy to all the little kids.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Love the girl with the window. :) And I think we all need one of those pink jeeps. What fun that'd be. It's like those dudes with the small sized clown cars that used to be in parades. I want to do that, then throw out candy to all the little kids.

You are so generous, I would be keeping the candy for myself.

Oh I'm not that nice. I've seen the candy thrown at parades. :)
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 10,283 Member Member Posts: 10,283 Member

Oh I'm not that nice. I've seen the candy thrown at parades. :)

😂
    Smarties and dumdums.
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Member Posts: 2,399 Member Member Posts: 2,399 Member
    Diet has gone to hell again..

4t8i3dkwvzn4.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12honey_honey_12 Member, Premium Posts: 1,148 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,148 Member
    Power shift evident.
    Go ahead and flare up, won’t get a rise outta me.
    I can tell it really irks him, hahaha! 😂
  • _sw33tp3a_11_sw33tp3a_11 Member Posts: 4,306 Member Member Posts: 4,306 Member
  • OpheliaCooterOpheliaCooter Member Posts: 555 Member Member Posts: 555 Member
    This mind splitting migraine
  • dethstar77dethstar77 Member Posts: 491 Member Member Posts: 491 Member
    Why are there so many meetings in day? When do you get work done....