What's on your mind?

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited August 2023
    For a minute I thought I could have a little life of my own but here come the school sports with twice a day practices & all the other ridiculousness

Do other students not have parents who work?

ETA: and what the *kitten* is up with having mandatory practices in the summertime? I thought this was supposed to be vacation & time to be with family.

The whole thing seems crappy and discriminatory to me
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member
    For a minute I thought I could have a little life of my own but here come the school sports with twice a day practices & all the other ridiculousness

ETA: and what the *kitten* is up with having mandatory practices in the summertime? I thought this was supposed to be vacation & time to be with family.

We were lucky this year my son is playing freshman football and typically they start 2 a days a few weeks before school starts but got a new coach this year and only did one practice a day and started just a few days before school started - however my daughter plays club soccer which have practices twice a week year round sans a couple weeks in winter and summer
  • itchmyTwitch
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

We were lucky this year my son is playing freshman football and typically they start 2 a days a few weeks before school starts but got a new coach this year and only did one practice a day and started just a few days before school started - however my daughter plays club soccer which have practices twice a week year round sans a couple weeks in winter and summer

I just don’t understand how kids who don’t live near the school and the school doesn’t provide transportation just how? How am I actually supposed to get them there? We figured it out because some family members stepped up & my boss said I can leave early a couple of days but it really is a hardship.

I really hope he gets something wonderful out of this.

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I just don’t understand how kids who don’t live near the school and the school doesn’t provide transportation just how? How am I actually supposed to get them there? We figured it out because some family members stepped up & my boss said I can leave early a couple of days but it really is a hardship.

I really hope he gets something wonderful out of this.

Yeah logistics can be a *kitten* - my daughter graduates this year so won’t be as bad with just my son next year - she has her license but I haven’t been able to get her a car just yet - once I do that will help as well - good luck out Thur my friend

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,216 Member
    My oldest is 20. Hard to believe. Life is weird. But good.

382ssp73aixu.jpeg

• itchmyTwitch
    MelG7777 wrote: »

382ssp73aixu.jpeg

Beautiful mama
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,644 Member
    I think I would be a nightmare boss if I was a manager at a restaurant.
    I will not eat at a restaurant that has dirty windows.
    If they don’t clean the windows, they probably don’t clean many things. 🤢
    Windows should be spotless,
    tables should be spotless which includes cleaning the salt/pepper shakers after every customer.
    No dirty silverware, no dust on the decorations on the walls, etc.
    The glasses must be glass and spotless.
    The floor……spotless!

I really feel like eating establishments are slacking in the cleanliness department.

• MelG7777
    hyyy: may all your delulu come trululu ❤️
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,644 Member
    23biafmv3fd1.gif
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    I'm sick of going over my calories this is like the fourth time this week.
  • cowsfan12
    MelG7777 wrote: »

382ssp73aixu.jpeg

Time do be flyin yo - bout the same age as my oldest - she’s an 04
  • cowsfan12
    I think I would be a nightmare boss if I was a manager at a restaurant.
    I will not eat at a restaurant that has dirty windows.
    If they don’t clean the windows, they probably don’t clean many things. 🤢
    Windows should be spotless,
    tables should be spotless which includes cleaning the salt/pepper shakers after every customer.
    No dirty silverware, no dust on the decorations on the walls, etc.
    The glasses must be glass and spotless.
    The floor……spotless!

I really feel like eating establishments are slacking in the cleanliness department.

But dude - I loves me a greasy spoon mom and pop spot - that doesn’t have the gloss finish - but just serves great food - like my grandma made - nah I’m sayin

• MelG7777
    Weakness: random “this made me think of you” texts😭
  • itchmyTwitch
    I was looking forward to the day when a pretty face wouldn’t turn my head & I’m here. It’s great. But I still want SOMETHING stimulating & exciting. Not a relationship - I have enough of those. Just more spark. More fire. More.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,033 Member
    My buddys kid is all into making videos for social media stuff. He has bought all sorts of cameras and equipment to supposedly do some high quality videos. He asked me a few weeks ago if i would do a bunch of crap he could film and make cool videos. I said sure.....and then forgot about it. It seems its time to pay up.....oh boy.....what the hell did i say yes to?....
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,399 Member
    My oldest leaves for school today. His daddy is driving him. I have to be at work & will likely be crying at my desk all day. I am so proud & heartbroken at the same time

Awwww the next chapter. I'll be in tears when this happens here. Well I've decided he's never leaving so there's that 🤣
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,399 Member
    Realized last week we have a museum membership still so we're heading there for a fun summer adventure today
  • MelG7777
    SIWSI: wish me luck