What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Do I like furries if I like Grimm and SweetTooth?
  • dawnfire72
    dawnfire72 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    wondering why the world seems so full of hate (really regret watching the news lately).
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    dawnfire72 wrote: »
    wondering why the world seems so full of hate (really regret watching the news lately).

I don't call it the news anymore, its The Gloom and Doom show.

I was just thinking yesterday I wish there was more good, happy news.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,586 Member
    Options
    Nicki Minaj be your bad*** self! 👑👸🏽
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do we not have the imitation selfie thread anymore? or am I just missing it?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Do we not have the imitation selfie thread anymore? or am I just missing it?

Its not the one you're thinking of, but same.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10416647/imitation-is-the-sincerest-form-of-flattery-do-we-need-another-selfie-game/p1
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    So all these murder podcasts mention when a woman’s car seat is pushed back all the way that that must mean the killer was driving her car…. But I always slide my car seats back all the way when I park. I dunno why, but if anyone ever kidnaps or kills me, investigators might get this wrong. 🤔
  • mikephaethon5973
    Options
    A good night sleep
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    So a week or two ago I decided to work on my dream board. I didn’t have a clear idea so I just drew something and wrote down a bunch of words. The cool thing to me is that I can see the word “respect” clear across the room. Makes me think about it a lot which I think is the whole point to these things, to keep your goals forefront in your mind as you go through life.
    I didn’t know that word was going to be the one to stand out but it resonates on a few levels. I feel like ‘respect’ is something lacking in my life. Respect from others, respect for myself and respect for others (last one I think I’m ok but could try more).
    Respect. I don’t believe it’s a given, it’s earned. That’s beyond basic respect like just being polite. Respect is trust in someone (or yourself) to be held to a higher standard.

“a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.“ - the definition

“ Respect means that you accept somebody for who they are, even when they're different from you or you don't agree with them. Respect in your relationships builds feelings of trust, safety, and wellbeing. Respect doesn't have to come naturally – it is something you learn.” - a quick google search quote
    It’s a good word 😜

• Ladyovthelakes
    Ladyovthelakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I’m fat
  • dawnfire72
    dawnfire72 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The world is a downright scary place right now. Seeing too much hate and not enough love/respect.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,855 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I hate when my hair is tickling my neck and it turns out to be a huge spider. 😳
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Which job I should go with... Transporting deceased persons or bicycle mechanic? Hmm..
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    I had the chance to become an autopsy tech once. I have done many necropsies and it doesn't bother me, pretty interesting really. Just wasn't sure I could handle people....

Now I play with bacteria instead 😁
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    I had the chance to become an autopsy tech once. I have done many necropsies and it doesn't bother me, pretty interesting really. Just wasn't sure I could handle people....

It is super interesting, human body is amazing. I really enjoyed my cadaver classes at uni, random question..but does the formaldehyde also make you hungry, not 100% sure how the embalming process ties in with necropsies, logically after the autopsy I would think....anyway It was so weird, because here I am looking at actual human tissue and I have "hmm what's for dinner tonight....." running in the back of my mind. Its even weirder because I don't actually eat meat....just felt wrong lmao

I was an orderly once, so I'm not so phased about it. Although this gig would also involve going to deceased in the field so that is different.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

It is super interesting, human body is amazing. I really enjoyed my cadaver classes at uni, random question..but does the formaldehyde also make you hungry, not 100% sure how the embalming process ties in with necropsies, logically after the autopsy I would think....anyway It was so weird, because here I am looking at actual human tissue and I have "hmm what's for dinner tonight....." running in the back of my mind. Its even weirder because I don't actually eat meat....just felt wrong lmao

I was an orderly once, so I'm not so phased about it. Although this gig would also involve going to deceased in the field so that is different.

Definitely not my experience, I never liked the smell of formaldehyde. And too much gives me a headache, probably slowly fixing my brain 😬
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options

I do not enjoy having to attend autopsies on victims. I’d say you made the right choice.