Replies

• tams_89tams_89 Member Posts: 2,493 Member Member Posts: 2,493 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    i323bkufzpnn.jpg
    6zgqpuff33nu.jpg

Love this 👏
  • RAinWARAinWA Member Posts: 1,935 Member Member Posts: 1,935 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Just trying to figure out what's wrong with this picture. Someone has their house on the market and evidently there's a squabble about amount of property she owns. She's been paying taxes for years and years on 10 acres, according to the town she lives in. BUT her acreage has now been measured as 4.5 acres. The town did take some to make the road wider but not that much. She went to a lawyer and asked about getting restitution for all the years she was essentially paying taxes for someone else. Lawyer says nope, sorry, SOL.
    Anybody ever hear of this before?? Absurd, if you ask me.

Did they do a new survey when she decided to sell and it came up different than the original survey?

She needs to find a different lawyer.
  • honey_honey_12honey_honey_12 Member, Premium Posts: 2,825 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,825 Member
    Just trying to figure out what's wrong with this picture. Someone has their house on the market and evidently there's a squabble about amount of property she owns. She's been paying taxes for years and years on 10 acres, according to the town she lives in. BUT her acreage has now been measured as 4.5 acres. The town did take some to make the road wider but not that much. She went to a lawyer and asked about getting restitution for all the years she was essentially paying taxes for someone else. Lawyer says nope, sorry, SOL.

The Title to the land was clouded when she purchased it and the error keeps going unless a Title Attorney goes to the courthouse, pulls all the docs on that property and finds the mistake.
    Once found he has to do his best to
    “Clear Title” then all will be right.
    A lot of times the chain of Title is so messy it’s impossible to untangle.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 8,002 Member Member Posts: 8,002 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »

Did they do a new survey when she decided to sell and it came up different than the original survey?

She needs to find a different lawyer.

She's looked into a surveyor but it costs more money than she can afford. :( The reason she found this out is because someone bought the property next to her and pointed out some of it wasn't her land. I don't know the specifics but I told my sister that her friend definitely needs to get a new lawyer. Something isn't right. :(
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 8,002 Member Member Posts: 8,002 Member

The Title to the land was clouded when she purchased it and the error keeps going unless a Title Attorney goes to the courthouse, pulls all the docs on that property and finds the mistake.
    Once found he has to do his best to
    “Clear Title” then all will be right.
    A lot of times the chain of Title is so messy it’s impossible to untangle.

Thanks for this info; I'll pass it on and see if it helps her. She put her house on the market, thought she had an instant sale but then ended up with this issue. :( The realtor's ad states 10 acres, +/-.
    She's been living there for probably 50 years, lost her dh within the past year and now needs to sell. :(
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 6,292 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6,292 Member
    For the first time in months, I started the day listening to news. Apparently, today is the start of track and field events in the Olympics which started some time ago.

(...turns on TV...)
  • Sophisticatted_GentlemanzSophisticatted_Gentlemanz Member Posts: 423 Member Member Posts: 423 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    For the first time in months, I started the day listening to news. Apparently, today is the start of track and field events in the Olympics which started some time ago.

(...turns on TV...)

Sorry, but the Olympics are null and void if they occur in an odd numbered year.

First time ever I have not watched one single second.

“It’s these odd-numbered years! She hates these odd-numbered years!”
  • honey_honey_12honey_honey_12 Member, Premium Posts: 2,825 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,825 Member
    My son and his family got home from their vacation last night.
    I had to take my grand-kitten to his real home.
    I’m going to miss that crazy little skin shredder.
    😢
    I am wired 😳
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 20,195 Member Member Posts: 20,195 Member
    You're a douche...

right?

..... there's a lot of that going around lately (more than usual), amiright ??
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 12,460 Member Member Posts: 12,460 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You're a douche...

right?

I was totally complaining to the wife about having to wear a mask again at work and saw these two guys on the local news...

I guess the cure for an annoyance is often something even more annoying 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • watch_out_for_that_treewatch_out_for_that_tree Member Posts: 103 Member Member Posts: 103 Member
    You're a douche...

right?

I was totally complaining to the wife about having to wear a mask again at work and saw these two guys on the local news...

My tolerance for these clowns has diminished to below zero.

Thas cold bruh
  • cowsfan12cowsfan12 Member Posts: 3,113 Member Member Posts: 3,113 Member
    You're a douche...

right?

My tolerance for these clowns has diminished to below zero.

Thas cold bruh

I see what you did there
  • cowsfan12cowsfan12 Member Posts: 3,113 Member Member Posts: 3,113 Member
    I hate mask too and would probably ban them if I could...

But if you walk into a bookstore, just so you can record yourself picking on the cute book lady, making a scene about the new mandate, like you showed her 🙄...

You're not a patriot... You're a douche 😂...
    I mean wtf is with people 😂...

Blow hards man - what can you do 🤷‍♂️
    I’m craving chocolate milk.
    Not the kind I grew up with,
    (hershey syrup stirred in) but the store bought thick, rich, ultra chocolate-y kind my mom would never buy.
    I don’t even drink milk. 🤔