What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Mercurochrome, Merthiolate
    both contained enough mercury that they were dangerous yet both were put on all my boo-boos when I was a child.
    I also remember breaking open a thermometer and playing with the mercury on the table.

I wonder what that exposure has done to me that I don’t realize?
    🤔🤨🥺
    Don't worry about the mercury.

It's the leaded gasoline that gets us.

So are good with the paint chips then?

I like to dunk mine in a little red no. 40

this made me snort. lol
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    trying to figure out how I still have a highly active brain why being incredibly exhausted. Why must I think about making changes in my life and relationship struggles at 8 am? Why can't I just enjoy my coffee and focus on work...

The sound of my own inner voice annoys the *kitten* out of me sometimes

my inner voice is a demon, she always has something negative to say lol never just a "hey, you go girl look at you being brave." nope just lots of "you need to do more, this is not enough."

My more conscious inner voice is pretty nice and calls me sweetheart and tells me I'm doing a good job. I cultivated that voice over years.

But below that there is near constant chatter and it's noisy af
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,333 Member
    Options
    I went skating this morning and came up with he bones for my program for my competition the first weekend of July. But now I listen to the music I have made changes. Darn programs
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Went to eat lunch at the beach earlier and a seagull pooped on my shoulder before a meeting. Good times 😆
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options
    When some church ladies told me how they had a church bus drive around the neighborhood picking up random kids and taking them to VBS. They got real quiet when I asked about parental consent and told them that is kidnapping.

Seriously??? You had to explain this to them in 2024?? This is a satirical scenario right?
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited May 22
    Options
    When some church ladies told me how they had a church bus drive around the neighborhood picking up random kids and taking them to VBS. They got real quiet when I asked about parental consent and told them that is kidnapping.

Seriously??? You had to explain this to them in 2024?? This is a satirical scenario right?

This was in 2013 or 14. True story
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options

This was in 2013 or 14. True story

Scary. Actually. I would hope I had trained my kids to go running screaming
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Well it's been fun mfp lol

5mcw3kbr8ujb.jpg
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 130 Member
    Options

5mcw3kbr8ujb.jpg

Way to get people to either leave or use this community more 🙄
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

5mcw3kbr8ujb.jpg

Are they eliminating forums too?

In any case, it's been a pleasure
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options

5mcw3kbr8ujb.jpg

The article doesn't mention the forums at all so I'm guessing that will stay the same.
  • eatpolerepeat
    Options

5mcw3kbr8ujb.jpg

The article doesn't mention the forums at all so I'm guessing that will stay the same.

It states members can interact in the community and talks of public and private groups, so there's still that. Maybe it'll bring more interesting people in here 🤔
  • eatpolerepeat
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

5mcw3kbr8ujb.jpg

It states members can interact in the community and talks of public and private groups, so there's still that. Maybe it'll bring more interesting people in here 🤔
    Looks like your community profile has to be public to use the new feature/activity feed. 🙄
    Nope!

So we either let everyone in or no one in 🙄
    Yes, not gonna happen
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options

5mcw3kbr8ujb.jpg

What in the actual *kitten*. This is stupid.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,090 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    Where are you all seeing this?
    I haven’t seen it anywhere.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,860 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi y’all, 

Wanted to first acknowledge that saying good bye to any feature is hard, and I too am sad to see the Newsfeed ride off into the sunset. I do feel strongly that social interaction is important for a lot of folks on what can often be a lonely and difficult journey and having friends cheering you on can make a difference. 

I’ll be transparent that the Newsfeed was one of our oldest features that had many flaws and was no longer sustainable to support. While it was not used by many we understand that it’s a real loss for those who used it.
    While it is not perfect, due to some limitations like no friend or follow features in the Community, our team enabled the Community Activity Feed on profiles within the community as it was an existing feature available from our forum providers. Some of you may even remember seeing it briefly back in 2021 when we updated the Community.
    The community profiles only have two options Public or Private, and the Private option makes the Activity Feed unviewable by others. The next best alternative to utilizing the Activity Feed would be to create a Private Group to invite your friends to and interact with them there.
    I know these options don’t “replace” the Newsfeed by any means, but we hope they help give some members some options to interact with others outside of topic driven discussions.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,090 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    This is very disappointing.
    After at least 10yrs of paying for premium, this will end that.
    Why would I open my profile to the world?
    May need to just leave.
    This makes me sad. 😔

Edit: having a friends list and having the newsfeed was basically the only reason I stayed here so long.
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    Hi y’all, 

Wanted to first acknowledge that saying good bye to any feature is hard, and I too am sad to see the Newsfeed ride off into the sunset. I do feel strongly that social interaction is important for a lot of folks on what can often be a lonely and difficult journey and having friends cheering you on can make a difference. 

I’ll be transparent that the Newsfeed was one of our oldest features that had many flaws and was no longer sustainable to support. While it was not used by many we understand that it’s a real loss for those who used it.
    While it is not perfect, due to some limitations like no friend or follow features in the Community, our team enabled the Community Activity Feed on profiles within the community as it was an existing feature available from our forum providers. Some of you may even remember seeing it briefly back in 2021 when we updated the Community.
    The community profiles only have two options Public or Private, and the Private option makes the Activity Feed unviewable by others. The next best alternative to utilizing the Activity Feed would be to create a Private Group to invite your friends to and interact with them there.
    I know these options don’t “replace” the Newsfeed by any means, but we hope they help give some members some options to interact with others outside of topic driven discussions.

“Not used by many” is flat out wrong. Most users prefer the newsfeed to the forums, many rarely or never use the forums at all (I being 1 of them). The newsfeed is a safe place that we use to invite only those who WE feel fit into our own little world/friend group. The forum is rife with weirdos, stalkers, trouble makers and drama. You are opening up your users especially the women to more abuse. There have been many times users (men) have posted nude photos, others post hate speech or other inappropriate things ands it’s taken hours for mods to remove it. This is a poor decision.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    ah well. When y'all go I will too
  • gillylucky
    gillylucky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It was designed as a weight loss app. I find the change backlash in a way comical (may or may not be the right word). However, I do feel sorry that many of you have invested much more into the app.