What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    Plenty of excitement on MFP without a newsfeed! Master debaters!
    0a7ybu7qlgy0.png
    volume vs weight debate. Which is denser: a pound of feathers or a cup of muscle?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,181 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Too many people have private profiles. How am I supposed to play on random people’s activities this way? 😤

I’ve warned everyone to go private so you could focus on the 3 women you’ve got!!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    More moderation on the forums is just what might tip the scale to lose even more people than those already leaving.
    I’ve been on this site since 2012.
    Nothing good will come from more rules.
    Of course, that’s just my opinion.

To be clear: I don’t care about cleavage.
    But The Full Monty?
    Needing five flags before it gets taken down? So it stayed up for hours?

I’m no prude but I don’t think that’s appropriate for a public forum.

In the Chit Chat forum?
    I’ve never seen that.
    Only the russian bots

The most recent one I saw was in the Introduce Yourself section.

His PFP was The Full Monty, and his post included a couple more pics with, among other things, some ridiculous tattoos, and backgrounds of a gross bathroom, and a filthy garage.

Memorable. For sure. 🤢🤮
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Too many people have private profiles. How am I supposed to play on random people’s activities this way? 😤

I’ve warned everyone to go private so you could focus on the 3 women you’ve got!!

Way to go Mel 😁😂❤️
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,995 Member
    Options
    While I lived in Europe as a kid we travelled to many countries, saw a lot!
    I remember standing in front of Michelangelo’s statue of David.
    Huge, beautiful completely naked man.
    I was 8 yrs old.
    I stood and stared, then ran off to see something else, not traumatized.
    😂

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    More moderation on the forums is just what might tip the scale to lose even more people than those already leaving.

In my opinion the problem with moderation has always been that it is unevenly applied. Who gets censored for having a bit of cleavage showing seems to depend on popularity and the size of the breast.

Yep, I always noticed there was certain cleavage that wasn’t a problem, ever.

It takes a lot, I assume, to rummage through people’s newsfeeds looking for inappropriate pics or whatever.
    Maybe just get rid of it. 🤨

So many grown adults so easily offended. 🙄

My cleavage never offends anyone.

Well... Maybe me.

Though there was that one time I got a pic removed from my newsfeed about ten years ago... It was on "boob Fridays"
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    How dare they!! @KickassAmazon76
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    If I woke up tomorrow and there was no internet (whole planet), no cell phones, I would be totally cool with it.
    Admittedly it would take a minute to adjust but not long.
    Go back to land lines and the postal service.
    Kids would have a reason to go outside.
    People would have to go back to paying attention to life.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    If I woke up tomorrow and there was no internet (whole planet), no cell phones, I would be totally cool with it.
    Admittedly it would take a minute to adjust but not long.
    Go back to land lines and the postal service.
    Kids would have a reason to go outside.
    People would have to go back to paying attention to life.

I wonder if enough of the old infrastructure remains to pick up where we left off
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    All of the news feed going away stuff has me riled. You guys are my connections, my FB for over ten years. I’ve met some of you in person. I’ve cried with, prayed with, and cheered others on, and been cheered, encouraged, etc. Strange how so many I’ve never met in real life could be more real and genuine, than the people I know in my geographical area. Amazing really. Anyone else relate?
  • gillylucky
    gillylucky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

In my opinion the problem with moderation has always been that it is unevenly applied. Who gets censored for having a bit of cleavage showing seems to depend on popularity and the size of the breast.

Uh oh. Dis me :#
    I like your popular cleavage

No monties though please

My popular cleavage has restricted me from visiting Japan. Thankfully I live in a trashy state lololol

Is it too late for a friend request ??

I'm still trying figure out what exactly is going on with mfp. All I know is a lot of people aren't very happy

Oh
    Hiiiii :smile:

Are friendships allowed? Do we have "restrictions?" You know I don't like to be restricted

I am for friendships and I prefer unrestrictedness. And who knows what mfp will do but we can't control it anyway, so let's just keep moving forward.
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Its not like I haven't already been feeling crummy about my weight lately after three surgeries and 8 months of recovery and now finally getting healthy this happens..

My spouse shared a text with me that he got from his his sister saying she saw a picture of me on fb and it looked like I lost alot of weight and wondering how I did it. Like a dummy he thought it was a nice compliment not realizing the entire situration..

I haven't posted a recent pic and I haven't lost alot of weight ... yet.. maybe 7 lbs is all )

why would she have not asked me? - she messages me all the time about random things and we get along. or so I thought..

The picture I suspect she is referring to isn't even me , its one my spouse posted standing next to a student of his that he coaches. She is dressed up in jeans, long sleeve shirt, with a cowboy hat and glasses so you can't really tell who it is..Did she just assume its me?
    Am I reading too much into it? She is very judgmental about peoples weight in general and she's on the verge of being anorexi..(food issues on the other side of the spectrum) and clearly it hit a nerve with me . She is coming for a visit in a couple weeks. Do I reach out to her? or let it be...
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person living under a rock who didn’t know husqvarna made robot lawn mowers?!?!? What a time to be alive.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Am I the only person living under a rock who didn’t know husqvarna made robot lawn mowers?!?!? What a time to be alive.

There’s a house in my neighborhood that I drive by frequently.
    I laugh every time their robot is mowing the yard.
    Does a darn fine job, maybe a little slow and I’m a bit surprised no one has stolen it while it’s out toiling away.
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 624 Member
    edited May 28
    Options

There’s a house in my neighborhood that I drive by frequently.
    I laugh every time their robot is mowing the yard.
    Does a darn fine job, maybe a little slow and I’m a bit surprised no one has stolen it while it’s out toiling away.

I can't believe i didn't even know about this before now. I was just told that robot snowblowers are also a thing. With my husband always being away for work, sometimes for months, i think i need to invest in a few robots 😂
  • Hungry_catapillar
    Hungry_catapillar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’m still hurting so much I just want it to stop
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thinking about Ashnikko and how much I want to see her perform live. Her song worms is currently stuck in my head.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Its not like I haven't already been feeling crummy about my weight lately after three surgeries and 8 months of recovery and now finally getting healthy this happens..

My spouse shared a text with me that he got from his his sister saying she saw a picture of me on fb and it looked like I lost alot of weight and wondering how I did it. Like a dummy he thought it was a nice compliment not realizing the entire situration..

I haven't posted a recent pic and I haven't lost alot of weight ... yet.. maybe 7 lbs is all )

why would she have not asked me? - she messages me all the time about random things and we get along. or so I thought..

The picture I suspect she is referring to isn't even me , its one my spouse posted standing next to a student of his that he coaches. She is dressed up in jeans, long sleeve shirt, with a cowboy hat and glasses so you can't really tell who it is..Did she just assume its me?
    Am I reading too much into it? She is very judgmental about peoples weight in general and she's on the verge of being anorexi..(food issues on the other side of the spectrum) and clearly it hit a nerve with me . She is coming for a visit in a couple weeks. Do I reach out to her? or let it be...

She must have assumed it was you. Given her judgmental attitude, I'd just let it be.

Now, if she says anything inappropriate to you when she sees you in person for a visit, speak up! You don't need her or anyone else's opinion on your weight. Tell her directly that that topic is off limits!

Sorry you're dealing with that, but just ignore it and focus on your own health and well being.
  • Kashmir__314
    Kashmir__314 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wondering if the drive through was created for convenience, lazy people, or for people with social anxiety
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Wondering if the drive through was created for convenience, lazy people, or for people with social anxiety

I have a phobia of those, won’t do it!
    😂