What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Reading the Istanbul posts has me thinking I really would love the chance(courage, safety, money, opportunity, etc.) to travel. Maybe not there but so many other places in this beautiful world to explore. :/

ReenieHJ, if a trip abroad was like an item which, after purchasing you realize you don't like it you can give it away, then I'd gladly give you the rest of my trip over here in Turkey. I wanna go home 😒.

Awww, that's too bad. :( I wish you were enjoying yourself more. Any local tours you could take?
  • Unsafe__Space
    Unsafe__Space Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Reading the Istanbul posts has me thinking I really would love the chance(courage, safety, money, opportunity, etc.) to travel. Maybe not there but so many other places in this beautiful world to explore. :/

ReenieHJ, if a trip abroad was like an item which, after purchasing you realize you don't like it you can give it away, then I'd gladly give you the rest of my trip over here in Turkey. I wanna go home 😒.

Awww, that's too bad. :( I wish you were enjoying yourself more. Any local tours you could take?

Meh.. I'll try to stop complaining now. But I think Hawaii is more my cup of tea. Forget all this 'being cultured' stuff, history schmistory, etc.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,206 Member
    Options

Meh.. I'll try to stop complaining now. But I think Hawaii is more my cup of tea. Forget all this 'being cultured' stuff, history schmistory, etc.

Maybe Europe just isn't your cup of tea?

If you like Hawaii have the ever thought of visiting Australia or New Zealand?
  • Unsafe__Space
    edited April 2022
    Options

I've toyed with the idea of Australia, but as far as I know Australia is one of the strictest places with covid lockdowns as of late so that might be out of the picture. I'll have to check in with their updates on opening back up. The Australian accent is one of my faves and aussie women are stunningly beautiful.

@ReenieHJ I hear ya, though, on lacking funding for some of this stuff. Wanna know how I do it? Honestly I'm not rich (well.. comparitavely.) My family grew up dirt poor, sometime in raggedy neighborhoods of America, sometimes ghettos. As an adult I have a job in which I travel for work so much that it doesn't make sense to pay a mortgage or rent, since I'd hardly ever see the place. The job itself pays well and not having a mortgage or rent, and being unmarried and zero children to provide for, allows me to keep almost every penny of the income. Really that's the only way I can afford travels and nice things. If I got married and started having kids, that all may change. So yeah.. I'm not rich I'm just currently in a really blessed spot right now 🙏🏻
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

I've toyed with the idea of Australia, but as far as I know Australia is one of the strictest places with covid lockdowns as of late so that might be out of the picture. I'll have to check in with their updates on opening back up. The Australian accent is one of my faves and aussie women are stunningly beautiful.

@ReenieHJ I hear ya, though, on lacking funding for some of this stuff. Wanna know how I do it? Honestly I'm not rich (well.. comparitavely.) My family grew up dirt poor, sometime in raggedy neighborhoods of America, sometimes ghettos. As an adult I have a job in which I travel for work so much that it doesn't make sense to pay a mortgage or rent, since I'd hardly ever see the place. The job itself pays well and not having a mortgage or rent, and being unmarried and zero children to provide for, allows me to keep almost every penny of the income. Really that's the only way I can afford travels and nice things. If I got married and started having kids, that all may change. So yeah.. I'm not rich I'm just currently in a really blessed spot right now 🙏🏻

That's definitely a great way to travel! Yeh, all I wanted to do back when I was younger, was grow a family. I became much more interested in seeing more of the world When the empty nest syndrome appeared and caught me blindsided. :)
    One of my dds travels for her work, which she loves. Mostly it's been in the U.S. so far but is in the process of planning business trips to Mexico and Germany.

Good luck with your travels and may your job bring you to much more enjoyable places next time!
  • Happygolucky182
    Happygolucky182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Slowly finding the motivation to get a nightly workout in….
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    My cellular is up for renewal in a few days and I can't decide if I should stay with 4 gigs a month for $15 or go to 10 gigs for $20. You pay for the whole year up front. (I'm with Mint.)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,022 Member
    Options
    Got them for the encore showing.😍
    3z6sxgrujpg9.gif
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    The expression, "You can't control the outcome, but you can control the effort." I never really understood that. If there's not a pretty direct connection between effort and outcome, find some place else to put your effort, no?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    My cellular is up for renewal in a few days and I can't decide if I should stay with 4 gigs a month for $15 or go to 10 gigs for $20. You pay for the whole year up front. (I'm with Mint.)

Wow--I've got 50 gigs a month for $6 a month. I live in Rome, Italy. The company is HO.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options

Wow--I've got 50 gigs a month for $6 a month. I live in Rome, Italy. The company is HO.

Dayuuuuuum (that's phoenetic :)). I thought I'd only go to italy for the pasta but that's a good price. :) It took me forever to even get a cell plan and that was mostly so my boss could get in touch with me. I don't like talking to people but it *has* come in handy. :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options

Dayuuuuuum (that's phoenetic :)). I thought I'd only go to italy for the pasta but that's a good price. :) It took me forever to even get a cell plan and that was mostly so my boss could get in touch with me. I don't like talking to people but it *has* come in handy. :)

If you come to Italy you can watch skinny people eat pasta and pizza (this still amazes me after 38 yrs here) AND get a cheap cell phone plan. :D
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Snow ...and why it's falling in April
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,550 Member
    Options
    So many people dropping dead.
  • Unsafe__Space
    Options
    So many people dropping dead.

Like.... they're walking and just, suddenly, drop dead? 😕
  • Unsafe__Space
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    The expression, "You can't control the outcome, but you can control the effort." I never really understood that. If there's not a pretty direct connection between effort and outcome, find some place else to put your effort, no?

I would hope that outcome and effort are directly correlated. Otherwise what's the point in putting in effort.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I wonder if that's the last snow we'll have for the year
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,790 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that's the last snow we'll have for the year
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,043 Member
    Options
    road trip - should it be less planned and more go with the flow or should I plan it out more with exact destinations to reach on certain days.