What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Went on a weekend road trip, had a lovely lovely time. We had good food, lots of physical activity but after viewing photos I felt discouraged like I haven't been doing enough to lose the weight. I still feel I look like I'm over 300 pounds...its really frustrating knowing that..that is why people look at me the way they do when I enter a room or when I occupy any type of space.

I know none of that should matter and I've worked on seeing myself for who I am NOT my weight but the photos just made ALL of those insecurities rush back.

Going to try and not let this knock me down and instead use it as a reminder of why I work everyday to make good choices and to be active.

I used to carry so much hate towards myself and I never want to feel that way again.

I appreciate you sharing this. We all have insecurities. I have been borderline obese and very fit. The insecurities and self hatred might morph, but don’t go away because weight was lost.

Good to see you are looking at yourself as a whole person (physical, mental, spiritual). It’s healthy that you see those insecurities arise and can see them for what they are. Basically lies. You are invaluable, no matter what the state of your body is. Cheers to you for seeing some of this and working it out in your 20s rather than later in life (like moi)
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Went on a weekend road trip, had a lovely lovely time. We had good food, lots of physical activity but after viewing photos I felt discouraged like I haven't been doing enough to lose the weight. I still feel I look like I'm over 300 pounds...its really frustrating knowing that..that is why people look at me the way they do when I enter a room or when I occupy any type of space.

I know none of that should matter and I've worked on seeing myself for who I am NOT my weight but the photos just made ALL of those insecurities rush back.

Going to try and not let this knock me down and instead use it as a reminder of why I work everyday to make good choices and to be active.

I used to carry so much hate towards myself and I never want to feel that way again.

Aww sweat pea 😞

I’m not good with words like these other kids ⬆️ But I know you’re beautiful inside and out. ❤️ 🤗
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    0rtl8tn1fas7.gif
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    Awkwardness when a friend I have dropped likes my comment.
    Gleefulness in liking every comment I see from a friend who dropped me.
  • Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Do I open another bottle of beer or not🤔
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options

That's just as awkward as having a supposed friend blocking you from you seeing their updates
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Gymladmatt wrote: »

5nb7xragwllj.gif
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

That's just as awkward as having a supposed friend blocking you from you seeing their updates

The games people play 🤦‍♂️
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,504 Member
    Options
    🤐
    hhmhw0vyhp3s.gif
  • Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 393 Member
    Options

5nb7xragwllj.gif

🍺👍🏻
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

5nb7xragwllj.gif

🍺👍🏻

k5ae46hdf917.gif
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who have responded on my previous post. I appreciate the thoughts and advice. I know I will continue to improve it was just a bit hard today. I'm going to continue to work on every aspect of myself because I know I'm worth it.

Hope everyone is having a happy Sunday 🌞

Your post resonates so much with me. I remember cringing when I had to weigh myself at the doctor's office. But then read the sign they had posted above the scale. It said something like 'this scale cannot measure your kindness and what's in your heart'. You get the idea.
    Keep thinking and moving forward, we all have our backwards days, our days when we feel like we've worked so hard and it's not enough, our days when our insecurities shine more than our realities. Accepting ourselves is such a battle some days, isn't it? I'll find myself thinking sometimes, in the end what will matter the most?

Hope you have better more uplifting days ahead! A picture doesn't say everything. Neither does a scale.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    *kitten* raccoons going after my chickens.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,192 Member
    Options
    It's cool today!!! I've opened all the windows in the house
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Instead of making lunch for my kids before I left the house, I put out four cans of tuna, some loaves of Italian bread, and a jar of mayonnaise. I’m assuming they know how to find the onions and celery if they want it.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I think my primer & foundation were incompatible because they did a weird cakey thing & I had to wash my face with cheap bathroom hand soap. But now I can blow my nose without being delicate
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    I think my primer & foundation were incompatible because they did a weird cakey thing & I had to wash my face with cheap bathroom hand soap. But now I can blow my nose without being delicate

Oh to be a woman
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Oh to be a woman

I can teach you
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

Oh to be a woman

I can teach you

Don't tease me...much