What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Who are the cliques? Does it mean I'm in one if I can't tell? Or does it mean I'm not in one? I have friends here.

I have never snubbed anyone who has tried to get to know me. When I first started posting I was ignored. I just interject myself into the conversation.

If anyone feels like they have tried to connect with me and I was unwelcoming, please say so.

ETA: @SEAHORSES4EVER I say this because I agree with your post :heart:

If I was popular enough to have a clique, I'd welcome both of you in it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Getting older sux
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    Who are the cliques? Does it mean I'm in one if I can't tell? Or does it mean I'm not in one? I have friends here.

I have never snubbed anyone who has tried to get to know me. When I first started posting I was ignored. I just interject myself into the conversation.

If anyone feels like they have tried to connect with me and I was unwelcoming, please say so.

I think you kicked me in the leg a couple of times, but I liked it :kissing:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I am so sad that yiu are all saying true things also I have been here a year and that is cool

I just love seeing your squishy face :D and your one of the coolest, nicest guys...keep that *kitten* up
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Getting older sux

it beats the alternative, homeslice
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »

If I was popular enough to have a clique, I'd welcome both of you in it.

I have a clique..... actually a couple

every morning, outta bed... my knees clique

at the gym, you should hear my shoulders clique
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options

You were the first person that made me feel welcome here, just so you know. :*
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    This place used to be fun, I'd come into the forums and know I'd be laughing at all the wit and humour thrown about. I met some really great people on here and admired others from afar. However, recently I feel like it's a competition of who can be the biggest b!tch to others, who can put people down the most. It's boring. That's what's on my mind.

If you think this post is about you then maybe it is.

imo at least- i've always thought it comes in cycles. ebbs and flows. there's always going to be cliques and groups and feuds and stuff like that.

i always say it but i really believe it too- for every "group" there's going to be a couple thousand more that aren't part of that group and could never, will never, care what they think. and that's not such a terribly unhappy thought. i hope some of those people who feel marginalized sometimes read this and know they don't need to stay quiet or stay away because of the actions of others.

i know i love you dearly- i think every one else does too. things like this pass in time they always do. so don't let it beat you down. you have no competitors.

C6lRmJo.gif

As a cliqueless, non-group joiner who keeps no friend list and rarely PMs - I find the dynamics put on display by the highlighted above to be reliably entertaining and the main reason why I continue to log onto MFP. I know men can be cliquey but wow. Chit Chat has a female contingent that really proves the stereotypes to be terribly terribly accurate.

Can I still send you my love poems?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,221 Member
    Options
    This place used to be fun, I'd come into the forums and know I'd be laughing at all the wit and humour thrown about. I met some really great people on here and admired others from afar. However, recently I feel like it's a competition of who can be the biggest b!tch to others, who can put people down the most. It's boring. That's what's on my mind.

imo at least- i've always thought it comes in cycles. ebbs and flows. there's always going to be cliques and groups and feuds and stuff like that.

i always say it but i really believe it too- for every "group" there's going to be a couple thousand more that aren't part of that group and could never, will never, care what they think. and that's not such a terribly unhappy thought. i hope some of those people who feel marginalized sometimes read this and know they don't need to stay quiet or stay away because of the actions of others.

i know i love you dearly- i think every one else does too. things like this pass in time they always do. so don't let it beat you down. you have no competitors.

C6lRmJo.gif

You’re a good dude. I’d give you a big ol hug if I could.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

C6lRmJo.gif

As a cliqueless, non-group joiner who keeps no friend list and rarely PMs - I find the dynamics put on display by the highlighted above to be reliably entertaining and the main reason why I continue to log onto MFP. I know men can be cliquey but wow. Chit Chat has a female contingent that really proves the stereotypes to be terribly terribly accurate.

Can I still send you my love poems?

Yes and I will respond in kind.

Can I get a poem too? :smile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    So much pressure to be somebody on mfp.

giphy.gif