What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    Late start today and I forgot to cancel my usual alarm. 😢 Oh well the sun is shining so it's a happy day
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I don't want to function today I hit snooze three times and did the unthinkable by letting my dogs in my bed at some point last night bc I kept tossing and turning and my dogs sleep right up against me like I'm a hot dog and they're the bun and it's very cozy now I have to go to work and they get to go back to sleep because they have zero responsibilities and I just want to be a dog today

wanna-be-your-dog-sign.jpg
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I don't want to function today I hit snooze three times and did the unthinkable by letting my dogs in my bed at some point last night bc I kept tossing and turning and my dogs sleep right up against me like I'm a hot dog and they're the bun and it's very cozy now I have to go to work and they get to go back to sleep because they have zero responsibilities and I just want to be a dog today

wanna-be-your-dog-sign.jpg

😏 Kinky 😘
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    My niece's daughter climbed the neighbors fence and was found playing on their swing set at 7 a.m.

Last week she put a lighter in the toaster!

Another time she she was found in the tub with her lil sister devouring a tub of ice cream

And we won't talk about the incident with mommy's toys

She's so cute 😂...bc she's not mine
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I was analyzing some data about my weight gain & it’s interesting to know what was going on in my life at the time. I gained a little chunk of weight when my sister moved in with me. And then I gained a little more when I took a job in retail (so stressful). Then I gained more during lockdown (cozy at home). Then I stayed stable for a long time. And then my weight started to come down.

I wonder if other people look at their data and know what was going on in their lives at the time
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I was analyzing some data about my weight gain & it’s interesting to know what was going on in my life at the time. I gained a little chunk of weight when my sister moved in with me. And then I gained a little more when I took a job in retail (so stressful). Then I gained more during lockdown (cozy at home). Then I stayed stable for a long time. And then my weight started to come down.

I wonder if other people look at their data and know what was going on in their lives at the time

Always! Eating is my primary emotional coping mechanism, always has been.

Does this mean I can control it? No. Food is comforting when I'm sad or lonely. Or it's the opposite, I'll often avoid it if I'm feeling a certain way. I'm still learning to try to distinguish the difference between emotional and physical hunger. Emotional hunger often leads to guilt/shame. Physical hunger doesn't make me feel bad for eating bc it satisfies me.

My relationship with food has haunted me since I was 13 years old. I'm sad that I still allow it to control my life, but I'm still caught up in the number. Society has taught us that the number on the scale = our self worth. Overweight - unworthy. Thin = worthy.

How fked up is that? Never in my life have I judged a human beings worth on their weight. Why do I judge myself?

OMG, I'm done. Sorry. This was not a therapy session 😂

But! I've recently gone through a really difficult
    time...and I've lost 18 lbs. So, yea, I get it!

It’s so interesting too that you (I, you, we, one) can know what’s going on and still not be able to change it.

I’m trying to have a more realistic and detached view of the situation. Bodies change, weight fluctuates, nothing is really static. That’s mature, right?
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

Does this mean I can control it? No. Food is comforting when I'm sad or lonely. Or it's the opposite, I'll often avoid it if I'm feeling a certain way. I'm still learning to try to distinguish the difference between emotional and physical hunger. Emotional hunger often leads to guilt/shame. Physical hunger doesn't make me feel bad for eating bc it satisfies me.

My relationship with food has haunted me since I was 13 years old. I'm sad that I still allow it to control my life, but I'm still caught up in the number. Society has taught us that the number on the scale = our self worth. Overweight - unworthy. Thin = worthy.

How fked up is that? Never in my life have I judged a human beings worth on their weight. Why do I judge myself?

It’s so interesting too that you (I, you, we, one) can know what’s going on and still not be able to change it.

I’m trying to have a more realistic and detached view of the situation. Bodies change, weight fluctuates, nothing is really static. That’s mature, right?

That's mature, right! ♥️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options

That's mature, right! ♥️

For myself the # does impact my health. Depression and psoriasis flair ups. But I do hate that I fixate on being my smallest version
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I wish I had nearby real life friends who would try a slow 10 mile hike with me tomorrow
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I wish I had nearby real life friends who would try a slow 10 mile hike with me tomorrow

That would be fun my family hate when I drag them on long hikes....usually it's to find a waterfall
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options

Yeah me too, but sometimes the solitude in nature is quite therapeutic.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I'm tired and hungry and have this itchy spot on my arm that I think is rashy.

Also I might have to revise the road trip to go through Ohio now. So many people to see apparently
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have a bad day I eat half of bag dark chocolate chips today.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Half a day of class, hopefully no disasters to distract. Should be an easy day
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,821 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Painting later today. New staircase is going in tomorrow and decided this morning that painting an empty wall will be easier than painting behind an attached railing. I haven't painted anything in 8 years... I hope it's like riding a bike...
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Lately I've been thinking about starting up my own business. I'm feeling inspired.

How exciting you should totally do that!
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been thinking about starting up my own business. I'm feeling inspired.

This is great K! What type of business do you want to start?