• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Omg my nose won't stop running

Probably trying to catch your refrigerator
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Sometimes I’ll squat down and realize that my knees are getting better. And sometimes I’ll get up off the floor using no hands and notice my mobility is coming back. And then sometimes I carry a laundry basket up the stairs and I say, “So this is how it ends.”
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,334 Member
    Options

My son said the same thing!!!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    A bodybuilder who died from a squat

Is that the one who dropped the 300lb barbell on his head? Or something like that
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

My son said the same thing!!!

😂❤️ I love that
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Is that the one who dropped the 300lb barbell on his head? Or something like that

Yeah it was like close to 500 pounds. Broke his cervical spine. Had a spotter and everything
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options

Yeah it was like close to 500 pounds. Broke his cervical spine. Had a spotter and everything

Last year a paramedic died at a club fitness in Missouri when she got pinned down under a barbell. They said she was working out alone around 2:30 am when her legs gave out on her while working out at a Smith machine. She was found 30 minutes later after another member showed up. These freak accidents happen unfortunately.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options

Last year a paramedic died at a club fitness in Missouri when she got pinned down under a barbell. They said she was working out alone around 2:30 am when her legs gave out on her while working out at a Smith machine. She was found 30 minutes later after another member showed up. These freak accidents happen unfortunately.

Yes, accidents happen. My personal fear is benchpress so squat accidents catch my attention

What’s freaky about both of those circumstances is that I would generally consider using a Smith machine a safety precaution. And I would also consider working with a spotter, as this young man was doing, to be a safety precaution.

https://people.com/bali-fitness-influencer-justyn-vicky-dies-accidentally-being-struck-by-barbell-7564034
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Scary stuff

My fear always when I'd be on an evening skating session alone was that I'd fall and be found the next morning laying on the ice hypothermic. Now with these stories I'll always skate with a buddy 😂
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    My fear is that it’s going to be a partner day and my fav partner isn’t there. And instead of letting me workout alone (like I prefer) they make me pair up with someone anyway. That or breaking my foot at the gym again I guess. If I had to fear getting pinned under something etc I might be done for it.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    My fear is that it’s going to be a partner day and my fav partner isn’t there. And instead of letting me workout alone (like I prefer) they make me pair up with someone anyway. That or breaking my foot at the gym again I guess. If I had to fear getting pinned under something etc I might be done for it.
    Fresh perspective ❤️
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    My fear is that it’s going to be a partner day and my fav partner isn’t there. And instead of letting me workout alone (like I prefer) they make me pair up with someone anyway. That or breaking my foot at the gym again I guess. If I had to fear getting pinned under gym equipment I might be done for it.
    Fresh perspective ❤️

❤️
    I guess it’s kind of the wimp perspective. I did change part of my original statement though here in this post. Just in case, I don’t want to send out the wrong message out into the world here. Never know who coupe he reading.😏
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Wondering why bits of cereal left in the bowl become the most adhesive element in the universe.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    Wondering why bits of cereal left in the bowl become the most adhesive element in the universe.

Idk. Is it the cereal or the milk. Dry cereal doesn't really stick to anything. I was never good at science. Also, Happy Monday lol