What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    DD wants to go to Japan Town in SF today. With all the crime happening there now, I really do not want to go. But it's her Bday, so I'll suck it up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    DD wants to go to Japan Town in SF today. With all the crime happening there now, I really do not want to go. But it's her Bday, so I'll suck it up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Happy Birthday to her. Hopefully it will be a good memory. I kept trying to write a response to your discussion post and in the end decided it’s too complicated without delving into politics. That’s not something I really want to talk about on here. It’s not just the crime though is it, it’s the side stepping of needles and feces littering the sidewalk that makes going downtown unpalatable as well. I’d park at the Japan Town parking garage near the Fillmore venue on Geary and definitely not on the street though these days. Expensive but still cheaper than a new window.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Coked up sharks
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Simplicity
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options
    A long time ago I worked for some really nice places (finance). And in those nice places people dressed very nicely, myself included.

But you know what they never talked about in those places? Dress codes. It was never an issue and never something that needed to be talked about. Nobody needed to tell anyone how to dress. I’m not saying there wasn’t a dress code. I’m saying we didn’t talk about it.

So how did we know what to wear? Culture? Magazines? I remember reading what was appropriate for certain industries and I usually tailored my selections that way. This was back in the day when a blue interview suit was standard.

The closest anyone came to talking about dress codes was when a company I was working for gave us all a little bonus and took us to an upscale outlet mall so we could shop for clothing on a field trip.

Now that I’ve worked in a variety of industries I feel like the conversations about dress code are way more common and actually more restrictive
    and people look less nice because of the restrictions. And very often the conversations feel like they are less about clothing and more about
    policing peoples’ bodies. I don’t like it.

Please believe me I am not nostalgic for the days of rigid unspoken rules that people have to guess about and I certainly don’t miss pantyhose.

Just thinking “aloud.”
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I have gotten a manicure and pedicure, I’ve taken naps, but nothing made me feel better than cleaning the bathroom. Pretty sure it’s an illness
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    I have gotten a manicure and pedicure, I’ve taken naps, but nothing made me feel better than cleaning the bathroom. Pretty sure it’s an illness

Imagine how good you’d feel outside getting some fresh air while cleaning a car. I’d be more than happy to volunteer my own vehicle for your mental well being. 😊
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Imagine how good you’d feel outside getting some fresh air while cleaning a car. I’d be more than happy to volunteer my own vehicle for your mental well being. 😊

As always your generosity is unprecedented.

I hate sticking my hands between the seat and the middle console thing where all the gross little crumbs catch. And the vacuum wand is never skinny enough to get in there. Yuck.

But I’d be glad to fold your socks
  • PaperDoll_
    Options

I hate sticking my hands between the seat and the middle console thing where all the gross little crumbs catch. And the vacuum wand is never skinny enough to get in there. Yuck.

All my socks are currently folded except those on my feet and it would be silly to fold the dirty ones.

You sure you don’t wanna try to get all the saltine cracker crumbs out of my car? 😬
  • jbs116
    Options
    Looking for a fight club
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    Looking for a fight club

Broke the first rule
  • MelG7777
    Options

All my socks are currently folded except those on my feet and it would be silly to fold the dirty ones.

You sure you don’t wanna try to get all the saltine cracker crumbs out of my car? 😬

I saw in a YouTube video there’s a “viral” car putty that’s for crumbs. Since my car is completely spotless I’d be happy to order some wads of it and work on your cracker crumbs.
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I saw in a YouTube video there’s a “viral” car putty that’s for crumbs. Since my car is completely spotless I’d be happy to order some wads of it and work on your cracker crumbs.

Really? 🥹
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Really? 🥹
    You should keep that one

• PaperDoll_
    Options

Really? 🥹
    You should keep that one

I’m going to forever ❤️
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Weakness: when they want to keep me
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Last week I asked my 7 year old if she wanted to go see the Barbie movie not realizing it was PG 13. Bought tickets anyway. I did tell her she will see Ken holding an alcohol beverage and she might hear some inappropriate comments. She just looked at me and said "mom, I'm old enough. I'll be fine. 😐😂 At this point, I figured Disney brained washed our innocent minds with innuendos... This shouldn't be too bad.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Jamie Foxx still🥹
  • STRAITBUGGIN
    STRAITBUGGIN Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    People I care About …
  • jbs116
    Options
    Tired of waiting