What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    Wondering why bits of cereal left in the bowl become the most adhesive element in the universe.

Idk. Is it the cereal or the milk. Dry cereal doesn't really stick to anything. I was never good at science. Also, Happy Monday lol

I dunno, K. Sounds like you know things you aren’t sharing about this epidemic. Happy Monday 😂
  • jbs116
    Options
    A bodybuilder who died from a squat

Is that the one who dropped the 300lb barbell on his head? Or something like that

Yeah it was like close to 500 pounds. Broke his cervical spine. Had a spotter and everything

Last year a paramedic died at a club fitness in Missouri when she got pinned down under a barbell. They said she was working out alone around 2:30 am when her legs gave out on her while working out at a Smith machine. She was found 30 minutes later after another member showed up. These freak accidents happen unfortunately.

Yes, accidents happen. My personal fear is benchpress so squat accidents catch my attention

What’s freaky about both of those circumstances is that I would generally consider using a Smith machine a safety precaution. And I would also consider working with a spotter, as this young man was doing, to be a safety precaution.

https://people.com/bali-fitness-influencer-justyn-vicky-dies-accidentally-being-struck-by-barbell-7564034

Read the article and don’t understand the mechanics of what happened. Maybe he was outside the rack and he fell forward?

Anyway, truly horrific and sad. I always respected the weights when I lifted heavy… especially on squats and bench. Unless you are a competitive powerlifter, there is never a reason to push the limits like this. Wow.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    A bodybuilder who died from a squat

Is that the one who dropped the 300lb barbell on his head? Or something like that

Yeah it was like close to 500 pounds. Broke his cervical spine. Had a spotter and everything

Last year a paramedic died at a club fitness in Missouri when she got pinned down under a barbell. They said she was working out alone around 2:30 am when her legs gave out on her while working out at a Smith machine. She was found 30 minutes later after another member showed up. These freak accidents happen unfortunately.

Yes, accidents happen. My personal fear is benchpress so squat accidents catch my attention

What’s freaky about both of those circumstances is that I would generally consider using a Smith machine a safety precaution. And I would also consider working with a spotter, as this young man was doing, to be a safety precaution.

https://people.com/bali-fitness-influencer-justyn-vicky-dies-accidentally-being-struck-by-barbell-7564034

Read the article and don’t understand the mechanics of what happened. Maybe he was outside the rack and he fell forward?

Anyway, truly horrific and sad. I always respected the weights when I lifted heavy… especially on
    squats and bench. Unless you are a competitive powerlifter, there is never a reason to push the limits like this. Wow.
    Yeah the best I can picture is the bar rolled forward and pushed on his head. I’m not entirely sure because it sounds weird. Especially with a spotter

And yes I was also confused by him being called a bodybuilder when he’s lifting that kind of weight.

ETA: he sat down backwards on his bottom and his neck snapped forward so his chin was on his chest. He only had one spotter.
  • jbs116
    Options
    Anyone who sees my handwriting will immediately think one thing and one thing only...
    qyzno2uk01bv.jpg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Anyone who sees my handwriting will immediately think one thing and one thing only...
    qyzno2uk01bv.jpg

I think my handwriting is quite pretty when I concentrate but I have a friend who, upon seeing my rushed handwriting on a post-it, said she was glad my mother loved me because it could’ve gone very badly if she hadn’t.
  • jbs116
    Options
    qyzno2uk01bv.jpg

I think my handwriting is quite pretty when I concentrate but I have a friend who, upon seeing my rushed handwriting on a post-it, said she was glad my mother loved me because it could’ve gone very badly if she hadn’t.

🤣

Also, pretty handwriting is hot.
  • jbs116
    Options
    "Imagine all the people.... only communicated by GIFs" - John Lennon
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    "Imagine all the people.... only communicated by GIFs" - John Lennon
    1dhga41a4s3y.gif
    idk German. I hope it’s nothing bad
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,099 Member
    Options
    h9teab8td5ac.gif
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options
    My 13-year-old just came at me brandishing a book saying, “this is what I am reduced to!” Apparently he misplaced his earbuds so he can’t listen to a book on his phone. I am not as horrified as he is.
  • jbs116
    Options
    My 13-year-old just came at me brandishing a book saying, “this is what I am reduced to!” Apparently he misplaced his earbuds so he can’t listen to a book on his phone. I am not as horrified as he is.

I love this kid! 😂
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,214 Member
    Options
    ___Tams___ wrote: »
    Food 🫣 always food when I am cutting.

One free meal a week Tammy. All you can eat in one sitting. 😁
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,334 Member
    Options
    I told the boy we'd have a movie night tonight cause it's just us and I still feel crappy. Now I need to figure out a movie to watch
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,332 Member
    Options
    I told the boy we'd have a movie night tonight cause it's just us and I still feel crappy. Now I need to figure out a movie to watch
    Let him decide and take that off your plate. If you're still feeling crappy, you may fall asleep anyway. Feel better 🤗
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    NTS: cut power lines to house tomorrow
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    NTS: Don’t visit Mel tomorrow 📝
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    HYYY: we’ll be eating Chinese when you DO come over.🥰