What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Why are stupid people allowed to have kids?!

After struggling with infertility for the last few years, I am faced with this question more often than not

I so get this. As we have talked before, my first pregnancy ended horribly at full term. For no valid reason. I did everything right. Then struggled with infertility with both of my next two pregnancies. Hence why my kiddos are 8 years apart. But why do child molesters, abusers, drug addicts, people that plain just don't care about their kids seem to pop them out left and right?

Went to a parade last night in my town, there were toddlers (meaning more than one) running around the street with no shoes on in 48 degree weather. One little shoeless guy didn't even have a jacket on, fell and bumped his knees and started to cry. His mother came out of the crowd to pick him up with a lit cigarette in her mouth. He flailed when she picked him up and was burnt. I had to stop myself from crying in the middle of the street.
    I don't want to judge, who am I to decide who deserves what but it's still hard to see knowing that it's not meant to be for me.

Oh. Wow. Yeah, it would have been so hard for me to keep my mouth shut. I would have but I would have been fuming and sad at the same time. I try not to judge either because we are only seeing a glimpse and maybe it's a just a bad moment but most of the time I doubt that it isn't like that all the time for some.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Why are stupid people allowed to have kids?!

After struggling with infertility for the last few years, I am faced with this question more often than not

I've felt that rage facing the same struggles and tragic loss as well, as we've discussed. I also wonder why do they make it sooooo hard to adopt children? A friend has been heartbroken over and over trying to go through this process through a not international adoption route.

I've been looking into the process of applying and becoming a foster family. There's a really good program here in my city oddly enough. But I know myself and fear that I will become attached to something I cannot keep and it will destroy me so I haven't pulled the trigger. Is that the most selfish thing you've ever heard or what?

The friend I was referring to also tried the foster route. They fostered some siblings for several months. She was heartbroken when they went to live with a relative. I understand your hesitation and I do not think it is selfish.

I don't think it is selfish at all. I don't know how others do it. And unfortunately working in healthcare I see some fosters that do it just for the money. I don't know if it's nation wide but in my state foster parents get paid like $700/month per kid. You will see these parents take on as many kids as the rules allow and treat them like *kitten*. Some use them as servants. It makes me so mad! But back to the point, I have thought of fostering too but haven't for the same reason. It would kill to give them up, especially to give them back to the parent that lost them in the first place. I realize some of these parents do clean up their act and deserve them back but not all and how do you know they are going back to a good place?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Just had to go be a parent to someone else's kid. The little boy SPIT on my son. The parent did nothing so I took care of it. Made the boy apologize, told him it was unacceptable naughty behavior and if his mom isn't watching him he can bet that I WILL be watching him so he better play nice. Kid apologized and all are playing nicely. I don't think the mom even noticed.

Sounds like my sister in law and 8 yr old niece. Then when I correct my niece my sis in law gets mad, well then watch your damn heathen! (I can call her that, she is a total heathen bully with no disregard to anyone's feelings.)
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm in desperate need of a vacation, need a mental break. I also want some tea right now but I dont feel like getting up.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Mad... wish I had a real man
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Alright stop, collaborate and listen
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I always thought he was sexy AF. Especially today
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    My legs are super soft
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Artichoke, green peppers, olives and chicken
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I had Hawaiian yesterday
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    @synchkat where did the fetlife post go? I put my phone down to have dinner and when I came back it was gone! Figured it must have gotten dirty fast

I'd imagine so