Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »

If you are the kind of person who flips a switch and makes up your mind that someone is ‘bad’ through and through, I simply can’t relate to you or your mentality toward others. I don’t wrap people up into tiny categories. Go ahead and do so if it makes you feel better about unpleasant interactions in your day-to-day life, but if you alienate and judge and categorize everyone, you will be the loneliest person imaginable.

People are not good guys or bad guys. They’re human. If you don’t agree, it might be time for you to grow up.

Wait to you get old(er)....there's a wisdom that living almost 6 decades gives you. People judge because if that person is going to be in your circle of influence you had better figure it out quick. Not to mention mental instability that seems rampant these days. There is a reason for the saying "first impressions" are lasting impressions. And why law enforcement profiles people. It's a useful tool. Infallible, no. But get's you really close to target.

Word.

I get what you’re saying. I’m not an idiot

firefly.gif

Shhhh

:D
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options

If you are the kind of person who flips a switch and makes up your mind that someone is ‘bad’ through and through, I simply can’t relate to you or your mentality toward others. I don’t wrap people up into tiny categories. Go ahead and do so if it makes you feel better about unpleasant interactions in your day-to-day life, but if you alienate and judge and categorize everyone, you will be the loneliest person imaginable.

People are not good guys or bad guys. They’re human. If you don’t agree, it might be time for you to grow up.

Wait to you get old(er)....there's a wisdom that living almost 6 decades gives you. People judge because if that person is going to be in your circle of influence you had better figure it out quick. Not to mention mental instability that seems rampant these days. There is a reason for the saying "first impressions" are lasting impressions. And why law enforcement profiles people. It's a useful tool. Infallible, no. But get's you really close to target.

Word.

I get what you’re saying. I’m not an idiot, I know what humans are capable of. I’m not looking for ten nice things about every pedophile I hear about.

But I’m not talking about first impressions. I’m talking about the people you know. The people who are already in your circle. I’m amazed at how easily people can turn their backs on people they previously trusted or loved. They have a misunderstanding, and they decide the other is a villain to be hated. Sometimes based only on assumptions.

I don’t get it. I don’t get it at all.

My mother in law is the most toxic, negative person you will ever encounter. And it gets worse every year because she continues to alienate her family and acquaintances this way. And every time someone else wrongs her or offends her and she casts them out, it reinforces her world view that nobody is to be trusted or loved. And she’s brought it all on herself.

I think my ex father in law and her should meet, it would be a beautiful toxic bowl of I hate everyone sludge that just might work.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I don't think that anyone should waste time hating anyone else, but what do I know?

I hear ya..but admit, I don't have a problem letting people go that lose my trust.. I don't hate them thats definitely a waste of energy ..
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I don't think that anyone should waste time hating anyone else, but what do I know?

I hear ya..but admit, I don't have a problem letting people go that lose my trust.. I don't hate them thats definitely a waste of energy ..

Yep. Purge them from your life if you need to, but don't waste your own energy on hate. Loving the people who deserve to be loved is a MUCH better use of your time

Exactly!! :)
  • mandycandy590
    mandycandy590 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm really upset with myself right now because I talked myself out of going to a fitness class. I blamed it on my dog :neutral: But I shouldn't dwell on it; nothing I can do about it now except don't skip out on it next time.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Word.

I get what you’re saying. I’m not an idiot, I know what humans are capable of. I’m not looking for ten nice things about every pedophile I hear about.

But I’m not talking about first impressions. I’m talking about the people you know. The people who are already in your circle. I’m amazed at how easily people can turn their backs on people they previously trusted or loved. They have a misunderstanding, and they decide the other is a villain to be hated. Sometimes based only on assumptions.

I don’t get it. I don’t get it at all.

My mother in law is the most toxic, negative person you will ever encounter. And it gets worse every year because she continues to alienate her family and acquaintances this way. And every time someone else wrongs her or offends her and she casts them out, it reinforces her world view that nobody is to be trusted or loved. And she’s brought it all on herself.

I hear you. Family is like that sometimes.
    The holidays seems to bring out the worst in people.

Only thing to do is love your family members where they are. If they aren't open to discussion, just leave them alone. You can bring a horse to the water but you can't make him drink.

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying Intermittent Fasting. Ha's anyone had any experience with this?
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    "But people in and of themselves are neither inherently good nor bad" I sure hope you're excluding, murders and pedophiles.. I think theres some truly evil people.

On my mind is packing up and heading south. Its been 6 months since I saw my family.. Im so excited to see everyone.

Are you heading toward South Pole?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    "But people in and of themselves are neither inherently good nor bad" I sure hope you're excluding, murders and pedophiles.. I think theres some truly evil people.

On my mind is packing up and heading south. Its been 6 months since I saw my family.. Im so excited to see everyone.

Are you heading toward South Pole?

Lol..not quite that far south :laugh: Im going from North Queensland south 2700km to New South Wales .. where my family is. I can't wait to see everyone.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,103 Member
    Options
    When I was growing up I believed that there were ‘bad guys’ and ‘good guys’. Now that I’m an adult I see that people are just the sum of their choices. Some of their choices are wrong for them. Some are right. Some are unlucky. Some are terrible mistakes. Some are calculated. Some are whimsical or untimely or irrational or just completely misunderstood. But people in and of themselves are neither inherently good nor bad.

This is actually something that I struggle with, especially when it comes to political and societal views. I have a very hard time not immediately judging someone if they're on the opposite end of the spectrum to me.

Is this why you hate me!?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying Intermittent Fasting. Ha's anyone had any experience with this?

IF is basically what I do because I am not a breakfast eater. It isn't a magic cure all as far as weight loss. It is just a different style of meal timing. If I do eat breakfast, I am ravenous all day long. If I hold out till lunch,
    then have an afternoon snack and/or post workout nutrition plus dinner all in an 8 hour window, I am good. It helps me keep my calories in check.

There are studies supporting fasting and how it keeps hunger hormones in check but it seems to have a better effect on males than females.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options

IF is basically what I do because I am not a breakfast eater. It isn't a magic cure all as far as weight loss. It is just a different style of meal timing. If I do eat breakfast, I am ravenous all day long. If I hold out till lunch,
    then have an afternoon snack and/or post workout nutrition plus dinner all in an 8 hour window, I am good. It helps me keep my calories in check.

There are studies supporting fasting and how it keeps hunger hormones in check but it seems to have a better effect on males than females.

For me it's easier to eat this way...i get so busy in the day I don't have time for food...i leave snacking out which is a lot of calories that sneak up on us...it works great for me... I've figured out my total weekly cal and I don't go past that...
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options

I've tried that way too! I was thinking more the every other day full day fast! So for example: Eat normal Sun & Mon (Family outing days, so fasting would be tough!) Wed and Fri and then fast on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. I read that if you work out on those fasting days that this is when your body burns best that stored fat for energy.
  • Evil_Monkey_
    Evil_Monkey_ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^Her bed.... ;)
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    that never ending wipe after a good poop
    5d2n4xfnu4mm.gif
    :lol:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :joy:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Today's another day. It will get better. Have to believe that even if deep down, I think it's *kitten* and untrue. I will get through this.
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Tetrelle wrote: »
    Assassins Creed: Origins has a boat load of micro transactions. ;(

Yes, overwhelming to say the least. Can't believe I've spent 20 hours and am only at 15% completion.