What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    been trying to figure out why @Inked_momma_ has been grayed out in every thread i see her in. :/
    it means u blocked her?
  • MrSith
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    been trying to figure out why @Inked_momma_ has been grayed out in every thread i see her in. :/
    it means u blocked her?

not that i'm aware of
    probably accidently I'm sure.....I can see her just fine.

• Fit_B4_Forty
    Fit_B4_Forty Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    my jeans are tight today..
  • MrSith
    Options
    it means u blocked her?

not that i'm aware of

Nope, that's not it. I have no blocked users. I must be one of the fortunate ones to have such little interaction with people on here that I haven't needed to block anyone. :D

Has to be

I don't know what it looks like for people who block me or if it looks like anything. I only blocked one person before and I removed that. It was greyed out then.
  • MrSith
    Options
    My new tattoo is peeling and it's cold as heck. boo
  • MrSith
    Options
    it means u blocked her?

not that i'm aware of

Nope, that's not it. I have no blocked users. I must be one of the fortunate ones to have such little interaction with people on here that I haven't needed to block anyone. :D

Has to be

I don't know what it looks like for people who block me or if it looks like anything. I only blocked one person before and I removed that. It was greyed out then.
    newmeadow wrote: »
    it means u blocked her?

not that i'm aware of

You must have blocked her accidently. Just go and unblock her and you'll see her again.

Somehow I had two people on my "Ignore" list. WTF

See you were accidently being a douche. We fixed it for you.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    It was over 4 years ago My boss and friend I worked with for over 15 years had a heart attack. it was right before Thanksgiving, and I ended up taking the director position while he was out. This was his 3rd heart attack and he had major surgery, but I was floored that he kept telling me at the hospital he would only be out 3 or 4 months. He did return and swore to change his ways. Long story short, he really didn't and was still the work-a-holic and stress monger he had always been. Things got even more stressful in that department so shortly after I moved myself to another area and have been here since. I still have all my past techs come over and tell me how crazy it is over there.

Anyway, fast forward to this morning when I got a call my past boss and friend had a stroke. He is doing okay and was moved to ICU so will know more as the day goes on. But in my mind, I knew this was the path he was on, and I told him that often. He is supposed to retire in February and i was just talking with him Thursday and he was talking about working another year. Why?

I swore years back I would never compromise my health and sanity for work. I have been lucky to make choices and decisions with my career that, while I could almost double my money if I went in other areas or took on the administrative roles they wanted me to, have kept me in a better quality of life, and certainly more focused on mind, body, and spirit. What was surprising is how many people think you a slacker in some ways when you take time to do 15 minute walk breaks, or choose to workout at lunch instead of going out to eat.Many are the same people in that area that are heading down the same path as my boss/friend though, so I really don't worry about what they think. Never have.

Anyway, just reinforcement for me that nothing they have or offer is worth taking time away from my current or future life. I have less than 5 years until I can retire and I know the exact day I will. I only hope I make it to that point and don't become another used up employee in the end.

Corporate America is not your friend people and sometimes you can't chase the carrots they dangle.

/ramblings
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The fact that none of the thread are showing any new responses.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    The fact that none of the thread are showing any new responses.

I hate this when it happens.. :(
  • MrSith
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    My new tattoo is peeling and it's cold as heck. boo

Are there pictures of this somewhere?
    I have somewhere around 20 now.....mostly all big ones....hard to take a picture of it as it wraps around my arm.

Find what you love and let it kill you. @lstrat115

182bs550csxg.jpg
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If the Wonder Twins had been conjoined, would their power have been constantly activated and would they be changing forms and shapes non-stop?
  • Sofia_Garcia
    Sofia_Garcia Posts: 412 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    someone i care about having a tough time.

I hope all gets better soon! I seam to find that when I'm in a tough spot it's not has bad as having someone we care for in a tough situation! Its worst, For me at least...
    No matter what it is, do what you can and if there's nothing you can do, just stay beside her/him sometimes thats the best help we can give to someone, BE THERE.

Be strong and be positive, it's half way trought....
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    All the threads I like are broken aaauuug
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why people get pets to begin with? Looking at one of the rescue sites, the reason for surrendering their cat was 'previous owner has new baby.' AND that's why you're an a-hole!
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    P Gisla
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I think I'm allergic to something I just ate.. and the only thing new I introduced was the particular meat I had. :|