What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    In the grand scheme things, nothing terribly important or deep. I think I simply feel indifferent to this Tuesday.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    MrSith wrote: »
    The house behind mine burnt completely down and I rushed home to take care of mine as it scared the hell out of me.

Same thing occurred a few years ago when a neighbor started a brush fire and it made it to my deck and I was able to extinguish before any damage to my house but it did destroy the woods behind my house.

I wish my house would burn down.

You and me both.

My house, not yours.

Pact to move in together if this ever happens to either of us?
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Man, don't you all like your homes?
  • dfein001
    dfein001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Money, Travel, and Food- so what if I am at work?
  • caco_ethes
    Options

No. Nor do I like the stuff inside.
  • MrSith
    Options

=(

That's sounds pretty sad and depressing.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

=(

That's sounds pretty sad and depressing.

Honestly I’m more depressed at the idea of being married to my belongings. That just sounds like bondage to me. Other than the living things in my house, there is not a single thing that I would be sad to lose.

Having said that, I do have all of my kids baby pics backed up online. But everything else could burn.
  • MrSith
    Options
    Sorry for that luck guys.........my home although I have plenty of work left to do on it......it's my vacation away from the world. I breathe a breath of fresh air coming home to it.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Sorry for that luck guys.........my home although I have plenty of work left to do on it......it's my vacation away from the world. I breathe a breath of fresh air coming home to it.

I don’t hate my house. But I wouldn’t mind living in one of those small homes (not tiny but close). My house feels like home to me but it’s fairly effortless to feel that way anywhere. I don’t care what I sit on or if I have a huge kitchen. Give me some comfy bedding, my pets and people, and a stash of ice cream and I feel home.

Even as a kid I used to daydream about getting in the car and taking off with nothing but my clothes and some cash, only getting what i need as I need it. It wasn’t that I wanted to run away; rather I just loved the idea of limitless possibilities. I still do. Sometimes my practical self has to wrestle my nomadic self into submission.

@newmeadow can you relate? Or are we two different minimalists in this regard?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

I don’t hate my house. But I wouldn’t mind living in one of those small homes (not tiny but close). My house feels like home to me but it’s fairly effortless to feel that way anywhere. I don’t care what I sit on or if I have a huge kitchen. Give me some comfy bedding, my pets and people, and a stash of ice cream and I feel home.

Even as a kid I used to daydream about getting in the car and taking off with nothing but my clothes and some cash, only getting what i need as I need it. It wasn’t that I wanted to run away; rather I just loved the idea of limitless possibilities. I still do. Sometimes my practical self has to wrestle my nomadic self into submission.

@newmeadow can you relate? Or are we two different minimalists in this regard?

ry6im71pobyx.gif
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

If McDonalds served poutine, this is what it would look like.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

If McDonalds served poutine, this is what it would look like.

McDonald's serves poutine and it's not what it looks like haha but I get what you were trying to say

If American McDonalds served poutine, this is what it would look like.