What's on your mind?

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    @Motorsheen I’ve known you almost a year now and you have never changed your profile pic once until now. Is this a silent protest? What’s going on? Talk to us, let it all out
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Anxiety is so frustrating to have. Nothing has even happened today but all of a sudden while sitting at my desk I felt hot, clammy, a little foggy-headed and it was harder to breathe. I had to immediately turn the fan on, chug some water and play a stupid game on my phone to try and distract myself.

What's most annoying about it, for me, is that in pressure situations I'm completely fine and I don't get anxiety attacks, but then suddenly, even days or weeks later, I get one, seemingly out of nowhere, so I have no idea what exactly made my brain go, "time to feel gross!."

Happens to me too.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    whats on my mind...I have a 40 block walk in the blazing sun after work to dinner. im wearing very slim border line skinny jeans. do i:

a) go to a store and buy a pair of shorts? logical, but then ill have to carry my jeans for 40 blocks

or

b) just suck it up and walk 40 blocks in the blazing sun with jeans almost stuck to me skin, but I don't have to carry anything

#firstworldproblems

How about Uber? Unless, it's cheaper to just buy shorts. That sounds like a long walk in the heat.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    @Motorsheen I’ve known you almost a year now and you have never changed your profile pic once until now. Is this a silent protest? What’s going on? Talk to us, let it all out

I just like the color orange.
  • ChaelAZ
    Motorsheen wrote: »

OHSO brewery orange <3

http://ohsobrewery.com/
  • caco_ethes

This answer is deeply unsatisfying
  • Motorsheen

Sorry... but it's true.

I had an orange inflatable swimming pool when I was four years old and then an orange bicycle when I was ten years old.

I associate the color with an overwhelming sense of happiness.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    whats on my mind...I have a 40 block walk in the blazing sun after work to dinner. im wearing very slim border line skinny jeans. do i:

a) go to a store and buy a pair of shorts? logical, but then ill have to carry my jeans for 40 blocks

or

b) just suck it up and walk 40 blocks in the blazing sun with jeans almost stuck to me skin, but I don't have to carry anything

#firstworldproblems

Buy shorts. 84°F + heat from the buildings & street. The question for you to answer is, will you be comfortable @dinner if you decided to wing it in your jeans, as a result of your decision? Is swamp butt an issue you need to consider?
  • caco_ethes

Sorry... but it's true.

I had an orange inflatable swimming pool when I was four years old and then an orange bicycle when I was ten years old.

I associate the color with an overwhelming sense of happiness.

I can get on board with that. Orange is always my first flavor choice with sweets, so I associate it with good stuff too
  • Motorsheen
    ChaelAZ wrote: »

OHSO brewery orange <3

Ha, yeah... been there.

I've been tempted to join Orange Theory fitness, because.... well, 'orange'.
  • ChaelAZ

OHSO brewery orange <3

Ha, yeah... been there.

Papago has a orange blossom wheat beer, and Dubina in Glendale as their Blood Orange Bell Road ale. Just sayin.

Not that I drink a lot.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »

or

#firstworldproblems

How about Uber? Unless, it's cheaper to just buy shorts. That sounds like a long walk in the heat.

ubering during rush hour will cost me close to 50$, for 40 blocks, and will take me an hour. I can walk way faster than that haha. the shorts I was eying is only 14$ as its lightweight.

I kind of figured since you're in NYC. I'd buy the shorts.
  • Motorsheen

OHSO brewery orange <3

Ha, yeah... been there.

Papago has a orange blossom wheat beer, and Dubina in Glendale as their Blood Orange Bell Road ale. Just sayin.

Not that I drink a lot.

yeah, I drink about 5 beers a year.

..... the orange blossom one sounds like it might fit into that rotation

thanks for the head's up
  • 777Gemma888
    edited June 2018

or

#firstworldproblems

Buy shorts. 84°F + heat from the buildings & street. The question for you to answer is, will you be comfortable @dinner if you decided to wing it in your jeans, as a result of your decision? Is swamp butt an issue you need to consider?

im buying those shorts no matter what. I checked the store yesterday but they didn't have my size for the color I want ( damn u small waist! ). I was going to just get a different color if I get it today. I hate carrying stuff If I don't need to. if I had a backpack or something, then ok. but I don't really like holding shopping bags if im walking to dinner. ironic though because I love shopping lol.

taking my walk during lunch was already painful. my leg hairs was sticking to my jeans xD TMI sorry

And you'd retired the man purse :sweat_smile: ... So, that's not an option. How about letting the air out of the bag, tucking it under your arm, and choosing to walk on the shaded side of the street?

**You need to TAKE those jeans OFF or you'll be Bruce Lee'd (ref. Manscaping thread)
  • 777Gemma888

or

#firstworldproblems

im buying those shorts no matter what. I checked the store yesterday but they didn't have my size for the color I want ( damn u small waist! ). I was going to just get a different color if I get it today. I hate carrying stuff If I don't need to. if I had a backpack or something, then ok. but I don't really like holding shopping bags if im walking to dinner. ironic though because I love shopping lol.

taking my walk during lunch was already painful. my leg hairs was sticking to my jeans xD TMI sorry

And you'd retired the man purse :sweat_smile: ... So, that's not an option. How about letting the air out of the bag, tucking it under your arm, and choosing to walk on the shaded side of the street?

**You need to TAKE those jeans OFF or you'll be Bruce Lee'd (ref. Manscaping thread)

theres no shade on broadway and I refuse to walk any other block. im a snob like that hahah. Ill prob just suck it up an carry the jeans in the bag. or I can get careless and buy a bag just to carry the jeans. yea that's something I would actually do lmao

It's 3pm there. Too right. Broadway is the best street to walk up or down. No weirdos.

Buy a bag, ... Options #1stworldIndeed
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHy! my daughter has decided she doesnt like how her prom dress fits!!!
    So what do I do!?!?!!?

Well yea im fixing the dress even if it takes me all night cuz im a mug lol
  • saymyname2

or

#firstworldproblems

C: take off the pants walk with out them out to stay cool then put them on when you get there
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 wrote: »

or

#firstworldproblems

C: take off the pants walk with out them out to stay cool then put them on when you get there

while not an uncommon sight in NYC...nope. lmao

Trust me no one will care! least of all me
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    I wasnt carded for the first time ever... :'(:'( ...just realized
  • saymyname2
    I wasnt carded for the first time ever... :'(:'( ...just realized

i got carded to go into a club by a pimpled face fecker! I told him if he didnt move i would put him over my knee and smack the *kitten* outta him.... needless to say I got in