• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Electricity
  • spaz1306
    spaz1306 Posts: 9 Member
    Can’t sleep 😫
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Being asked out on a date tonight..by a female I work with occassionally.

Could be fun 🤷‍♂️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    How great it feels to get a good night sleep for the 1st time in 2 weeks.

So did you people out yesterday?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    spaz1306 wrote: »
    Can’t sleep 😫

Clowns'll eat me 🤡
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Some think I’m a rabble-rouser but honestly I’m just a man who dislikes when bad people pretend to be good

What about when Cobra Starship makes dem good girls go bad? Ya know, hanging on the corner with his 5 best friends, heard she was trouble...that kinda thing?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Some think I’m a rabble-rouser but honestly I’m just a man who dislikes when bad people pretend to be good

What about when Cobra Starship makes dem good girls go bad? Ya know, hanging on the corner with his 5 best friends, heard she was trouble...that kinda thing?

This is the exact scenario I’m talking about
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    About the meal train? What is that?
    We help the family de-hoard and GTFO

lol

A meal train is where people sign up to bring meals every night to a family in need. I have been the recipient of one when my husband was severely injured at work and in the hospital for a few months and I have been part of few for deaths and injuries. They are truly a godsend. 6 months worth seems a bit excessive though, after about three weeks of getting them I was tired of people stopping at my house and I wanted them to GTFO. I was extremely appreciative but also overwhelmed. Having been part of one a few weeks worth is plenty.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member

This is the exact scenario I’m talking about

Can I be the backup dancer, who drops the mic and never walks back on stage 🔥

• CaptainFantastic01
    In case anyone was wondering “Baby Shark” is number 32 on the Billboards top 40
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    In case anyone was wondering “Baby Shark” is number 32 on the Billboards top 40

Pretty sure my children helped make that possible
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,860 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »

I admire your quest, Don Q. But you cannot save anyone. The blind remain obdurately blind; willfully so. If you're tilting at windmills just to tilt at windmills, swing away with pleasure, but in the end, it will not change anything. Human nature is what human nature is: unevolved, callous and stupid.

That reminds me of the frog and scorpion fable.

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
    scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
    frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
    says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
    the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
    paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
    but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."

I hear that in Forest Whitaker's voice...
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    About the meal train? What is that?
    We help the family de-hoard and GTFO

lol

A meal train is where people sign up to bring meals every night to a family in need. I have been the recipient of one when my husband was severely injured at work and in the hospital for a few months and I have been part of few for deaths and injuries. They are truly a godsend. 6 months worth seems a bit excessive though, after about three weeks of getting them I was tired of people stopping at my house and I wanted them to GTFO. I was extremely appreciative but also overwhelmed. Having been part of one a few weeks worth is plenty.

Good morning. Appreciate you jumping in and explaining what it is. Most of us opted to pay for meals through Grubhub ( she chooses the restaurant to a specific value) vs actually hounding their home. Think 6 months was organized for the widow, so she can figure out what she'd like to do, having been a SAHM for the duration of their marriage without having to worry about meals. Others are trying to help her get a job to figuring out their family finances.

I can understand how having people bring food over could get tiresome. :smile:
  • SirMxyzptlk
    Snigglet doesn't get used often enough and Whatchamacallit is over-played.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited January 2019
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I'm in awe of the gated community I live in. A gentleman in the community passed away leaving his 2 teen children and wife behind yesterday morning. A memorial gathering was held at the upper club house culminating with a beautiful fireworks display in his honour. We'd all signed up this AM to help assist his widow and children with meals for 6 months on Meal Train. Having just logged out, all dates have been filled in under 24 hours. It is humbling to be reassured that there are still good people out there.

in my ungated neighborhood we don’t got fireworks but we care about each other and do meal trains too youre not special

In my neighborhood they call an ambulance to remove the deceased,. Then the widow gets evicted because she can't pay the rent anymore. Then the apartment gets rerented at a 35% rent hike.

That sounds brutal.

You'd highlighted the widow's situation, only not a rental. At least from my understanding, he has paid off the home. He was apparently extremely neighbourly for years, so thankfully, his widow is receiving the assistance and guidance she needs on the job front and sorting out their finances. :smile:

• SirMxyzptlk
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I'm in awe of the gated community I live in. A gentleman in the community passed away leaving his 2 teen children and wife behind yesterday morning. A memorial gathering was held at the upper club house culminating with a beautiful fireworks display in his honour. We'd all signed up this AM to help assist his widow and children with meals for 6 months on Meal Train. Having just logged out, all dates have been filled in under 24 hours. It is humbling to be reassured that there are still good people out there.

in my ungated neighborhood we don’t got fireworks but we care about each other and do meal trains too youre not special

In my neighborhood they call an ambulance to remove the deceased,. Then the widow gets evicted because she can't pay the rent anymore. Then the apartment gets rerented at a 35% rent hike.

That sounds brutal.

You'd highlighted the widow's situation, only not a rental. At least from my understanding, he has paid off the home. He was apparently extremely neighbourly for years, so thankfully, his widow is receiving the assistance and guidance she needs in the job front and sorting out their finances. :smile:

Slum Lord probably had a hit put on the old dude just to evict the widow and hike rent. Easier that legally breaking the contract.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    does anyone else have a lil procrastination routine they have to run thru before beginning something

like do a big sigh,
    check news,
    stare out window,
    get cup of coffee,
    second big sigh,
    begin

Mine is”one more episode”

So I’m gonna stop watching tv

Then it’s “one more chapter