Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    WOOHOO @psuLemon just saw the name change for this section.. awesome! :)

Maybe it was a mistake. Holy Kitten did this forum all of a suddenly blow up, it's like

shocked-what-gif.gif

Maybe... maybe a mistake.. :s
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Up another pound and trying a new program today...Is it wrong to change now?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options

Why'd you change? Generally, if you aren't seeing progress in your other program or lacking motivation, it would be a good time for a change.

<-- Down 1.5 lbs, lol.
  • sardelsa
    Options

How long were you doing the other program, why have you decided to change? I usually like to give program a chance for at least 4-6 weeks but if you absolutely HATE it then ya, I would switch. But these days I will read over a program outline and just know if I will like it or not. I am very narrow minded in the program department so this doesn't help.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I think I am hitting that 3 month wall that @JoRocka has been talking about. I am starting to think wtf am I doing to myself. I feel fat. I know logically I am not fat. I know logically that a few more pounds and 7 more weeks won't make me enormous. Emotional I have been a little bit of a wreck. I keep arguing with myself to keep going. I set a goal and I should stick with it. Then I start thinking maybe I am just being stubborn and maybe it really is time to quit bulking - I might regret it if I don't stop.

How long does it take you to get through this @JoRocka? This is my first bulk.

She'll be a lot better at talking you down, but I bailed at 3mos and I DO have this nagging feeling that I gave up too soon. Granted...I had stuff going on that fueled my decision, BUT.....I wish I had gotten my *kitten* together....sucked up the fat gain...and continued. You've come a long way and personally I think you're doing great. Everyone says the mental battle is real.... I'm cheering you on. :wink:

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    WOOHOO @psuLemon just saw the name change for this section.. awesome! :)

Maybe it was a mistake. Holy Kitten did this forum all of a suddenly blow up, it's like

shocked-what-gif.gif

I think it'll be fine. Just a matter of riding out the wave.
  • leajas1
    Options
    I think I am hitting that 3 month wall that @JoRocka has been talking about. I am starting to think wtf am I doing to myself. I feel fat. I know logically I am not fat. I know logically that a few more pounds and 7 more weeks won't make me enormous. Emotional I have been a little bit of a wreck. I keep arguing with myself to keep going. I set a goal and I should stick with it. Then I start thinking maybe I am just being stubborn and maybe it really is time to quit bulking - I might regret it if I don't stop.

I'm in month four and feeling the exact same way, but I only have three more weeks to go. Did you plan for a specific amount of time, and if so, how much longer had you planned on going?
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just found this post!! I'm bulking... will start my cut in mid-March, after spring break!!!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »

She'll be a lot better at talking you down, but I bailed at 3mos and I DO have this nagging feeling that I gave up too soon. Granted...I had stuff going on that fueled my decision, BUT.....I wish I had gotten my *kitten* together....sucked up the fat gain...and continued. You've come a long way and personally I think you're doing great. Everyone says the mental battle is real.... I'm cheering you on. :wink:

Thanks!
    leajas1 wrote: »

I'm in month four and feeling the exact same way, but I only have three more weeks to go. Did you plan for a specific amount of time, and if so, how much longer had you planned on going?

I started October 1st and plan to go until February 28th.

I am going to go with avoiding making a decision. I will push through this month - I can always change my mind later. :wink: I think just typing it out really helped me - as silly as it sounds. Hopefully the emotional side of things will subside soon!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @leajas1 3 more weeks should be a breeze! How exciting to almost be done!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    This is the first time I've been excited about my second accidental bulk. Looking at myself at 5'4" and 148. I'm not slim but I think there is some good stuff going on beneath this fluff. The benefits of ALWAYS training hard.

You look really good.. compare yourself now to what you looked like at the same or similar weight before you started lifting. That is what I always do and I feel so much better about it. You look great though, seriously, and so freakin strong :)
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

How long were you doing the other program, why have you decided to change? I usually like to give program a chance for at least 4-6 weeks but if you absolutely HATE it then ya, I would switch. But these days I will read over a program outline and just know if I will like it or not. I am very narrow minded in the program department so this doesn't help.

I've been doing 5x5 mostly for about 2 years. I guess I just got bored/frustrated, wanted to work my glutes more, and just try something different. I was still progressing with 5x5 and added hip thrusts. Just trying strong curves to see how I like it. I can always go back to 5x5 if it doesn't workout... Disappointed that it doesn't have traditional deadlifts though.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @DancingMoosie
    Definitely time for a new program. I can't imagine running 5x5 more than 6 months, 2 years?!?!
    I think the only time to go back to a 5x5 routine would be after an extended time off.
  • DancingMoosie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm just worried I picked the wrong program. I'm also used to lifting twice per week and can't figure how to break down strong curves to two days. I have to use two gyms to get in all the exercises.
    I'm pretty sure my diary is open, I log all my exercises. Feel free to have a look and give advice. Send me a friend request with a message if you like...
  • leajas1
    Options
    I'm just worried I picked the wrong program. I'm also used to lifting twice per week and can't figure how to break down strong curves to two days. I have to use two gyms to get in all the exercises.
    I'm pretty sure my diary is open, I log all my exercises. Feel free to have a look and give advice. Send me a friend request with a message if you like...

Do you want to stick to the 2 day split?
  • leajas1
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »

Thanks!

I started October 1st and plan to go until February 28th.

I am going to go with avoiding making a decision. I will push through this month - I can always change my mind later. :wink: I think just typing it out really helped me - as silly as it sounds. Hopefully the emotional side of things will subside soon!

I think that's a great plan! Get through this month and then you'll be telling yourself that 4 more weeks is nothing and you'll push through that as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

Kinda, but the gym set up is weird...One has all bars and plates, the other has some machines and dumbbells, some bars and plates, no platform
  • leajas1
    Options

Kinda, but the gym set up is weird...One has all bars and plates, the other has some machines and dumbbells, some bars and plates, no platform

That is weird!
  • sardelsa
    Options

Hmm.. ok well I would stick to the gym that has most of what you need. You don't really need machines, you can make substitutions for most of the exercises.. but I would stick to the gym that has the barbell and rack. The machine stuff is more accessory, and if you want you can do a lot of that with bands or bodyweight.

Also what I would do, rather than shorten it to two days, run the three days just twice a week. So let's say your lifting days are Monday and Thursday, you could run A on Monday, B on Thursday then C on Monday again and just keep going like that with maybe a bodyweight/band day in between? The one thing about Strong Curves is it is very adaptable to what equipment you have.

Oh and if you like conventional deadlifts, do those instead. SC isn't really a strength based program so the lifts will be more hypertrophy and focused on glutes.. he introduces all the different types of DLs to give you a feel for different styles so really I don't see the issue with sticking to the one you prefer.