Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• ishmallow
    ishmallow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I worked away from food for a long time today on top of getting up late and have been trying to cram 2k cals in before bed time. Drank 1k , slowly but surely putting the other 1k down.. Hopefully without incident :s fun times
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Okay. Not as upset with my accidental bulk. I just added 25lbs to squat, 45lbs to deadlift (and measly 5lbs to bench) since SEPTEMBER.

This is why the old stereotypical powerlifter see-food permabulk is a thing. Them totals just keep going up. I almost fell into that trap once, but the mirror finally made me cringe. xD
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Okay. Not as upset with my accidental bulk. I just added 25lbs to squat, 45lbs to deadlift (and measly 5lbs to bench) since SEPTEMBER.

Nice! My bench has also been really slow to increase - around 5 pounds also! All my other lifts I have been able to add at least 5% increases at the scheduled time. I just dropped my rep range for bench from 8-12 down to 6-10 to see if I can sustain another increase. I'll know in a few weeks... I also ordered some industrial size washers on-line to see if they will work out as micro plates.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »

Ice cream and PB = whole foods?

Yup....it wholly fits in my mouth!!!!

raw

That's DEFINITELY what she said.
  • JoRocka
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Okay- so mini cut has commenced- I definitely jumped up in "fluff" this week- I was like- alright- I'm looking good still- and last night- I was like- nope- welcome to fluff town- unfortunately this is smack in the middle of "month three fatty break down" so it's not ideal. I'd prefer to drive through this rather than mini cut- but my performance matters- big names- big different audience- need to look/perform on point. So mini cut it is. - I ate a lot of egg whites last night. :( CRY CRY.
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Holy crap- the name change... why?!?!?

WHY LOL
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I think I am hitting that 3 month wall that @JoRocka has been talking about. I am starting to think wtf am I doing to myself. I feel fat. I know logically I am not fat. I know logically that a few more pounds and 7 more weeks won't make me enormous. Emotional I have been a little bit of a wreck. I keep arguing with myself to keep going. I set a goal and I should stick with it. Then I start thinking maybe I am just being stubborn and maybe it really is time to quit bulking - I might regret it if I don't stop.

How long does it take you to get through this @JoRocka? This is my first bulk.

The panic for me was a 2-3 week process- after that in to month four I sort of accepted the fatness.

I still had bad days- but they weren't nearly as crippling. Like- my "bad" weeks - are like ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT- vs- "man I feel fat- where's my pizza"

Keep going. You got this- push through till at least month 4- usually once you get into month 4 you can make it another couple weeks- this is EXACTLY why I aim for 4-6- at a minimum I can make 4 months- and then usually push into month 5- but I can just push to month 4 I'll feel like I accomplished what I wanted- then feel better into month 4.
    I've been eating a gifted bag of reese's pieces for the last 3 days. I blame it on bulking. Sorry not even CLOSE to sorry.

It took you 3 days? That's one night.

I ate a whole bag (the big bag) of peanut m&m's on sunday.
    #noshame.

I still have one of those "share size" bags of coffee and nut m&ms that I picked up to try. Even in a bulk, I can't seem to bring myself to eat them. They've been sitting on my desk for a month now, and every time I look at them, I just immediately "nope".

Yes, there is something wrong with me.

wait- how did I not know about coffee and nut m and m's?!?!?!

WTF?!?! WHY HAVE YOU BEEN HOLDING OUT ON ME!

I would never do such a thing. ;)
    20wbmsktpikf.jpeg

I seriously cannot believe I've never heard of this- I'm going to WAWA immediately to find out if I can find some. I need this in my life.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

raw

That's either unfortunate or impressive.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

raw

Either way.... 'he' is happy!!!!!!! :+1:
  • bioklutz
    Options
    Okay- so mini cut has commenced- I definitely jumped up in "fluff" this week- I was like- alright- I'm looking good still- and last night- I was like- nope- welcome to fluff town- unfortunately this is smack in the middle of "month three fatty break down" so it's not ideal. I'd prefer to drive through this rather than mini cut- but my performance matters- big names- big different audience- need to look/perform on point. So mini cut it is. - I ate a lot of egg whites last night. :( CRY CRY.

WHY LOL
    I think I am hitting that 3 month wall that @JoRocka has been talking about. I am starting to think wtf am I doing to myself. I feel fat. I know logically I am not fat. I know logically that a few more pounds and 7 more weeks won't make me enormous. Emotional I have been a little bit of a wreck. I keep arguing with myself to keep going. I set a goal and I should stick with it. Then I start thinking maybe I am just being stubborn and maybe it really is time to quit bulking - I might regret it if I don't stop.

The panic for me was a 2-3 week process- after that in to month four I sort of accepted the fatness.

I still had bad days- but they weren't nearly as crippling. Like- my "bad" weeks - are like ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT- vs- "man I feel fat- where's my pizza"

Keep going. You got this- push through till at least month 4- usually once you get into month 4 you can make it another couple weeks- this is EXACTLY why I aim for 4-6- at a minimum I can make 4 months- and then usually push into month 5- but I can just push to month 4 I'll feel like I accomplished what I wanted- then feel better into month 4.
    I've been eating a gifted bag of reese's pieces for the last 3 days. I blame it on bulking. Sorry not even CLOSE to sorry.

#noshame.

I still have one of those "share size" bags of coffee and nut m&ms that I picked up to try. Even in a bulk, I can't seem to bring myself to eat them. They've been sitting on my desk for a month now, and every time I look at them, I just immediately "nope".

20wbmsktpikf.jpeg

I seriously cannot believe I've never heard of this- I'm going to WAWA immediately to find out if I can find some. I need this in my life.

Ack! When is the event? Hopefully dropping a little water weight will help you feel better about the fluff!
  • JoRocka
    Options

raw

Either way.... 'he' is happy!!!!!!! :+1:
    exactly!

WHY LOL

#noshame.

20wbmsktpikf.jpeg

Ack! When is the event? Hopefully dropping a little water weight will help you feel better about the fluff!

next Friday I teach in the evening-and then Saturday night I perform- I can drop 5-8 pounds water weight and look way less fluffy and feel much better about myself so I will. Annoying- but survivable.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Bump- not sure where this got to- but I'm shamelessly bumping.

I dropped calories this week to anything pretty much 2K. I squatted yesterday 185 x 20 - and holy snickers bat man- the lack of calories killed me- I don't know how I did this last year dropping calories at the end of this program. ooofa.

But - pressing on ward and upwards- after Saturday night I'll be back up over 2K- than February I'll be up to close to 2500.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Bump- not sure where this got to- but I'm shamelessly bumping.

I dropped calories this week to anything pretty much 2K. I squatted yesterday 185 x 20 - and holy snickers bat man- the lack of calories killed me- I don't know how I did this last year dropping calories at the end of this program. ooofa.

But - pressing on ward and upwards- after Saturday night I'll be back up over 2K- than February I'll be up to close to 2500.

Good luck this weekend!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Funny for the day..... I stumbled upon a new breakfast routine for bulking....

Wendler's Breakfast - 5/3/1+
    Today:
    5 scrambled eggs w/cheese
    3 cinnamon rolls
    1+ cups of coffee

Tomorrow...
    5 sausage links
    3 pancakes
    1+ glasses of whole milk

You get the idea.... :+1:

My man- that sounds de-lish!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am up to 8 pound gain... pretty excited.

My grocery buggy last week was 3 gallons of ice cream, kiddy cereal, whole milk, pop tarts and well.. I did buy the Krispy Cream donuts too. The flexibility in my diet choices made a huge difference.. I am reaching calorie goals, hitting protein and I feel just fine.

Before coming here to post, if you have not seen it, @psuLemon posted a thread earlier today called Bro, do you even eat clean? well my pop tarts are in the video by Dr. Layne Norton and I am very ecstatic about that!

@JoRocka, how are you coming on the diet changes? Good luck this weekend I know you will kill it!
  • bioklutz
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

My grocery buggy last week was 3 gallons of ice cream, kiddy cereal, whole milk, pop tarts and well.. I did buy the Krispy Cream donuts too. The flexibility in my diet choices made a huge difference.. I am reaching calorie goals, hitting protein and I feel just fine.

Before coming here to post, if you have not seen it, @psuLemon posted a thread earlier today called Bro, do you even eat clean? well my pop tarts are in the video by Dr. Layne Norton and I am very ecstatic about that!

@JoRocka, how are you coming on the diet changes? Good luck this weekend I know you will kill it!

OMG! I forgot about pop tarts! I am currently working through some ice cream and a Costco size container of animal crackers.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

OMG! I forgot about pop tarts! I am currently working through some ice cream and a Costco size container of animal crackers.

Toaster strudel > poptarts.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    @RoxieDawn - what do you mean, "my pop tarts are in the video?" When I read that, my thought is either: you were with him, and those are literally your Pop-Tarts; or you won a new flavor contest, and the Pop-Tarts in the video are the ones you created.