Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Gained another lb, but lifts were not up last week. I feel like bulk failed.

Lifts will not be up every single week. We all have those days. I look for a monthly trend.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Real bad. I actually fell

Were you drinking?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    ? No, I mean on my squat...
  • psuLemon
    Options

lol. I thought you meant you fell over (like loss of balance). It's fairly common to have good and bad weeks, so I wouldn't stress too much. I would be more concerned if it has been happening for several weeks.

Also, does your program have deloads programmed in?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Just watched the vid. It's basically the same thing he's done before. Hit your fiber, protein, and micros. Don't sweat having a treat then.

My problem is that my "treats" all have a buttload of fiber in them. All the bloats, all the water, much owies, bedroom smells awful.

you're not supposed to stay in there and steam in it- you drop it and walk out- leave it for someone else to deal with later!

It's when I'm trying to go to sleep. If I ran away every time I bombed myself, I'd never actually sleep.

well at this point I gas myself in my sleep- I'm like the dog- sometimes I wake myself up confused as to why I woke up.

yeah- I'm the laughing stock of my house- so THIS I absolutely understand.

Luckily, I live by myself. I feel compelled to both forewarn and apologize in advance to my girlfriend, every time she stays over.

I'm newly married- and we are long distance- so we don't share a bed every night- but at this point it literally is just a giant joke- he calls me his gassy girl.

I'm just- completely not.lady like. I am sort of embarrassed- I have to be- because- but the reality is I can't do anything about it- so now it's just an ongoing joke. I apologize for the sleep ones- I can't do anything about it- but sometimes I gas him on purposes b/c he's calling me names. IN which case- #sorrynotevenclosetosorry
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

lol. I thought you meant you fell over (like loss of balance). It's fairly common to have good and bad weeks, so I wouldn't stress too much. I would be more concerned if it has been happening for several weeks.

This is what I was thinking too. I actually ate *kitten* in the squat rack years ago. Tried to go too deep with 315, lost my balance, twisted my ankle, smashed my hand between the barbell and catch bar, then laid on the floor laughing like I'd lost my mind as everyone looked on in horror.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

No. I just had winter break, two weeks off without weights, then started a new program.
  • psuLemon
    Options

No. I just had winter break, two weeks off without weights, then started a new program.

I would chalk it up to that. Typically, it takes 3 weeks before you lose strength, but that also assumes going back tot he same program. If you start a new program, the adjustments in volume or how the program was laid out could have an influence of there.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

My experience is quite similar, though I don't even have to take a full break. Just the deload week of 5/3/1 has me sucking for about three lifting sessions once I go back heavy. See how you fair on the next one.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Great. I'll get my strength back up just in time for another week off for spring break...
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Have to share- I feel down backstage at my first powerlifting meet because I was so nervous my shaking legs gave out in a warm-up squat. It wasn't that heavy, so I didn't have a spotter, I just feel to the floor squeaking "help, help!" and made a big crash that I'm sure messed up the poor lifter on stage. Needless to say I did not PR that day.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Just wanted to bring this back to the first page.
    Also.. my bulk is going really well. It is slow but I compared a photo of before I started and now and I see growth. I am loving my program too. Just really happy progress is happening.. yessss :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Also.. my bulk is going really well. It is slow but I compared a photo of before I started and now and I see growth. I am loving my program too. Just really happy progress is happening.. yessss :)

It's slow, but moving. Keeping kcals between 3200-4500 depending upon daily activity. Averaging 0.7 lbs./week currently.

Lifts are up, energy is ridiculous (I can't stop moving, hence the stupid high kcals for relatively low gain), and weight is moving, so I'll take it.
  • sardelsa
    Options

It's slow, but moving. Keeping kcals between 3200-4500 depending upon daily activity. Averaging 0.7 lbs./week currently.

Lifts are up, energy is ridiculous (I can't stop moving, hence the stupid high kcals for relatively low gain), and weight is moving, so I'll take it.

Haha nice sounds like you are right on track.

I know right.. I feel like a jumping bean!! I sooo wanted to cardio today but resisted the urge... because, there seriously isn't enough food in this house to sustain me !!! :D
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I am not sure! My house is under construction so my home gym is closed! I am staying with my parents and my dad has one of those weight tower thingies so I am able to keep up with some resistance training. The scary thing is I am only guessing that I am still in a surplus. I miss my food scale! It was looking like I was only going to gain 0.75 lbs. for the month. NEED MORE COOKIES!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

I forget, what program are you running?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »

I forget, what program are you running?

It's ok you should see how slow my bulk is.. but the trend is up so that is all that matters.

It's called Get Glutes, a program designed by Kellie Davis (of Strong Curves).. Bret had a part in it's takeoff but has since left, I would imagine to focus on his other programs and clients.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    After the squat fail last week, and the mental block/fear following, I did much better this week. Rocked my squats and looking forward to next week. Should I stay or increase weight? Or just increase by a set or rep per set?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    After the squat fail last week, and the mental block/fear following, I did much better this week. Rocked my squats and looking forward to next week. Should I stay or increase weight? Or just increase by a set or rep per set?
    Add weight, decrease weight but add reps/sets. Don't keep it the same though!
  • sardelsa
    Options

Give this a read. It really helped me understand different ways to progress
    https://rippedbody.com/progression/