Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    leajas1 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Welp- I'm definitely coming to the close of my bulk. I'm thinking March 15th? Because the Ides of March is as good of day as any.
    I'm officially barely fitting into any of my clothes- and I'm at the end of my 20 rep breathing program- so I'd have to start something new and or I dunno- so seems like a good time to taper. And seriously- my work out clothes are starting to not fit- I'm definitely pushing the limits of some of the seams LMAO.
    #fatkidproblems

I am feeling meh about my work this bulk- I didn't do a very good job taking pictures- and I've done a really lousy job of counting calories- I've been travelling a lot which as made it harder. I definteily put on weight- and I feel fat- and I'm certainly pretty kitten strong- but ehhhhh still I don't have the same level of confidence in this rotation- but I guess we shall see in 3-5 months and hopefully I can lean out.

Interestingly enough- I just completed a dance costume- it's pretty much done and wearable- except I set the hooks for the bra like 9 months ago- and it most definitely doesn't fit my frame right now- most of my costumes are getting snug for real- and I'm like- well I want to wear it- but except I'd have to move the snaps... and I seriously don't want to. So I'm guessing I won't get to wear it for a while till I start dropping weight. Hurumph.
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Thanks @JoRocka & @leajas1!

I hope that you were able to laugh about your slurpee machine incident later!

My kids sure did! ;) Interestingly enough, I still have red slurpee stains on my scalp.

saves you a trip to the hair dresser yes?

Oh, yes, it's very edgy :smiley:

I love that you make your own dance costumes.

back before manic panic was a thing- Gatorade I think was a way people colored their hair!!

I am to cheap to pay for them. The ones I would be willing to pay for- I look at and go- meh- I can make that- and so I never do- the ones I really like and wouldn't make - are like super high end. So I just make them myself. Because- why not.

After a recent GWAR show I had pink hair for days and got quite a lot of compliments. I don't want to know what is actually in their "stuff."

I'm fascinated with the way belly dancers can move and it looks like it takes a lot of stamina/endurance.

heh GWAR. that's awesome. I'm getting ready to do my hair some fun color at some point- just need to actually find a stylist who will/can do it without *kitten* up my hair. :( I am badly in need of a cut as well. It's just ugh- finding the person who can do the upkeep- its' a thing. and I don't have regular stylist right now.

I'm a fan (obviously)- isolation is definitely a thing. And yep- stamina and endurance is definitely a thing. My teacher makes us do all sorts of things "because belly dancers need stamina too"
    (my shows are roughly 15-20 minutes long. so cardio- heh- as much as I hate it- it's a thing)

and right now bulking- it's SUPER cutting into my cardio game. I'm so winded after my gigs LMAO.

I imagine it makes cutting easier, though...having something you enjoy as cardio. I only do Stairmaster intervals for cardio because at least I can get lost in an audio book.

I can't do any cardio :( I will literally get on a bike and hop off in 2 minutes. I basically never cut after my bulk. Just walking around like...whoa. Chunkster for life.

heh- if I did that I'd be well over 200 by now. I like it- I can usually drop weight pretty well- but I hold fast around 155-160- because anything under that isn't doable for me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well- it's doable- but not worth the effort. #fatkidforlife
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Welp- I'm definitely coming to the close of my bulk. I'm thinking March 15th? Because the Ides of March is as good of day as any.
    I'm officially barely fitting into any of my clothes- and I'm at the end of my 20 rep breathing program- so I'd have to start something new and or I dunno- so seems like a good time to taper. And seriously- my work out clothes are starting to not fit- I'm definitely pushing the limits of some of the seams LMAO.
    #fatkidproblems

I am feeling meh about my work this bulk- I didn't do a very good job taking pictures- and I've done a really lousy job of counting calories- I've been travelling a lot which as made it harder. I definteily put on weight- and I feel fat- and I'm certainly pretty kitten strong- but ehhhhh still I don't have the same level of confidence in this rotation- but I guess we shall see in 3-5 months and hopefully I can lean out.

Interestingly enough- I just completed a dance costume- it's pretty much done and wearable- except I set the hooks for the bra like 9 months ago- and it most definitely doesn't fit my frame right now- most of my costumes are getting snug for real- and I'm like- well I want to wear it- but except I'd have to move the snaps... and I seriously don't want to. So I'm guessing I won't get to wear it for a while till I start dropping weight. Hurumph.

My kids sure did! ;) Interestingly enough, I still have red slurpee stains on my scalp.

back before manic panic was a thing- Gatorade I think was a way people colored their hair!!

I am to cheap to pay for them. The ones I would be willing to pay for- I look at and go- meh- I can make that- and so I never do- the ones I really like and wouldn't make - are like super high end. So I just make them myself. Because- why not.

After a recent GWAR show I had pink hair for days and got quite a lot of compliments. I don't want to know what is actually in their "stuff."

I'm fascinated with the way belly dancers can move and it looks like it takes a lot of stamina/endurance.

heh GWAR. that's awesome. I'm getting ready to do my hair some fun color at some point- just need to actually find a stylist who will/can do it without *kitten* up my hair. :( I am badly in need of a cut as well. It's just ugh- finding the person who can do the upkeep- its' a thing. and I don't have regular stylist right now.

I'm a fan (obviously)- isolation is definitely a thing. And yep- stamina and endurance is definitely a thing. My teacher makes us do all sorts of things "because belly dancers need stamina too"
    (my shows are roughly 15-20 minutes long. so cardio- heh- as much as I hate it- it's a thing)

and right now bulking- it's SUPER cutting into my cardio game. I'm so winded after my gigs LMAO.

I imagine it makes cutting easier, though...having something you enjoy as cardio. I only do Stairmaster intervals for cardio because at least I can get lost in an audio book.

I can't do any cardio :( I will literally get on a bike and hop off in 2 minutes. I basically never cut after my bulk. Just walking around like...whoa. Chunkster for life.

heh- if I did that I'd be well over 200 by now. I like it- I can usually drop weight pretty well- but I hold fast around 155-160- because anything under that isn't doable for me.

140 is where I start having trouble, which is where I'm at now. I'm having to stick to 1450/1500 calories with one day of the week at maintenance. At any moment of the day I'm just waiting for the next time I can eat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options

This is why I just bought a bike. I can't stand doing basic cardio. It just drives me nuts. I rather play sports or ride a real bike. Additionally, I can sometimes get away with doing programs like P90X but I have to be in the mood. This is why I might just say kitten it, and lift 5x a week and do one flexibility or fast lifting, lol.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    #fatkidproblems

140 is where I start having trouble, which is where I'm at now. I'm having to stick to 1450/1500 calories with one day of the week at maintenance. At any moment of the day I'm just waiting for the next time I can eat.

I hit 155 for real once- not like "I just took a poop" kind of situation.

I looked tiny as hell. I wasn't mad at it- but it was so much work to get down so low. Technically 1600 is my "lose weight" number- but I really struggle with it under that. it sucks.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Up 4lbs in six weeks. I haven't clean bulked in three years. 6'3" 218lb 47 yr fuk.

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    #fatkidproblems

I know. I need to do it. I can't get below 140 anymore :( I'm going to stay here at 142, train for my meet, then water cut for the 63kg class. Maybe I can lean out for summer starting in April. I wish I danced like you...I'd like to have a hobby that actually burns calories.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

I think people used kool aid too? I have a vague recollection that I did this for Halloween.

Before bulking I was trying to trim a few pounds to be as lean as possible. Around 104/105 I started to have trouble. My energy levels were really low, my TDEE dropped - making it much harder to lose weight. It really doesn't seem worth it to do that again. :wink:

@bbell1985 I think that you look fantastic! I don't know what weight you are in your profile pic. I do remember seeing some before and after pics for your bulk. I think the mass you added looks really nice!

I am considering adding another week or two onto my bulk. The head injury - plus now I have a cold! - has left me with no energy to work out. I really wanted to have killer workouts the last few weeks of my bulk.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

I think people used kool aid too? I have a vague recollection that I did this for Halloween.

Before bulking I was trying to trim a few pounds to be as lean as possible. Around 104/105 I started to have trouble. My energy levels were really low, my TDEE dropped - making it much harder to lose weight. It really doesn't seem worth it to do that again. :wink:

@bbell1985 I think that you look fantastic! I don't know what weight you are in your profile pic. I do remember seeing some before and after pics for your bulk. I think the mass you added looks really nice!

I am considering adding another week or two onto my bulk. The head injury - plus now I have a cold! - has left me with no energy to work out. I really wanted to have killer workouts the last few weeks of my bulk.

Thanks! I was about 143 in that pic...posed and flexed :) I'm happy-ish at this weight. I like being a little leaner because I like fashion and wearing crop tops and *kitten*.
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Gimme that bulk!!! (I need more lifting buddies, if you're active and really into it, send me a friend request!)gkrdk94e7qb6.jpg
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    @bioklutz
    @JoRocka
    We used unsweetened KoolAid powder mix.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Eek sorry about your head injury, I fell just before Christmas and bashed my head and still have a slightly painful bump so I know how awful it is. Adding another week or two might be worth while just so you can take this time to recover a bit.

I'm going to power through until end of March rather than mid-March now. Stupid boy troubles have been getting in the way of my gym-going this & last week so want to start kind of fresh again next week and smash it for the rest of March.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    @bioklutz
    @JoRocka
    Yeah- it was Kool-Aid- not Gatorade- I'm an idiot. LMAO
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    @bioklutz
    @JoRocka
    Yeah- it was Kool-Aid- not Gatorade- I'm an idiot. LMAO

I didn't even catch that.

Thanks! I was about 143 in that pic...posed and flexed :) I'm happy-ish at this weight. I like being a little leaner because I like fashion and wearing crop tops and *kitten*.

I got down to 120 this summer, but that was because I'm really stupid. I was trying to get below 20% bf so I could bulk and my home scale would not put me below 20%. Finally at 120 lbs (people were telling me to stop losing weight at this point) I went to get a bod pod, which put me at 15.1% fat. That was a huge lesson to stop depending on numbers and just look in the *kitten* mirror - that will tell you everything you need to know!

I stopped bulking at 145 (or 146?) and now I'm looking to get to 130 and see if I'm happy there. Oops, see, I just gave myself another number to get to....
  • bioklutz
    Options
    Dat bulking life yo....

I am waiting for the hubby to get back with a huge calzone. I think he said he was getting a sandwich for himself. :wink:
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    So- I officially started the last weekend in October/First of November.

I'm having a bit of an interesting transition period as I just got married- so meal prep and trying to get our house settled with the hubs in it is hard- I'm finding I'm constantly under eating (horrors)- but it's getting settled down.

I am essentially reversing out of my 1600-1700- calorie goal and the goal has currently been 1900-2000 calories for the last two weeks- I may hang here for another week- trying to go long and steady this bought.

Starting weight is approximately 165- (I need a new digital scale)
    End Goal is 190
    Measurements pending.
    Bulking cycle is planned Nov- April.
    Main goal is size this year not strength.
    Programing- is a 3 day hypertrophy split- lots of whole body with heavy lean on push/pull and sets of 12-15.

I'm pretty much doing a *kitten* job of making this scientific at all this year- but we shall see- I need a weekend to sit down and figure out where I am- size wise- and take some pictures before I start packing it on.

So I want to bulk. I originally was planning the same type of time frame just like you, however I'm starting to realize that in the world of bodybuilding slow and steady wins the race. If you try to gain 25 lbs in the time frame you want it's not really enough time. Basically if bulk until April and then cut for summer, you'll simply just end up right where you started, which is kind of what happened to me. Some of the articles I read said the same thing. If you take an entire year to bulk and slowly gain the weight, you can then maintain for awhile and then start slowly cutting. What do others think about this idea? So far how is your progress going?
  • bioklutz
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »

I'm having a bit of an interesting transition period as I just got married- so meal prep and trying to get our house settled with the hubs in it is hard- I'm finding I'm constantly under eating (horrors)- but it's getting settled down.

I am essentially reversing out of my 1600-1700- calorie goal and the goal has currently been 1900-2000 calories for the last two weeks- I may hang here for another week- trying to go long and steady this bought.

End Goal is 190
    Measurements pending.
    Programing- is a 3 day hypertrophy split- lots of whole body with heavy lean on push/pull and sets of 12-15.

I'm pretty much doing a *kitten* job of making this scientific at all this year- but we shall see- I need a weekend to sit down and figure out where I am- size wise- and take some pictures before I start packing it on.

So I want to bulk. I originally was planning the same type of time frame just like you, however I'm starting to realize that in the world of bodybuilding slow and steady wins the race. If you try to gain 25 lbs in the time frame you want it's not really enough time. Basically if bulk until April and then cut for summer, you'll simply just end up right where you started, which is kind of what happened to me. Some of the articles I read said the same thing. If you take an entire year to bulk and slowly gain the weight, you can then maintain for awhile and then start slowly cutting. What do others think about this idea? So far how is your progress going?

You are going to end up gaining fat along with muscle. If you gain weight slower you can try to minimize the amount of fat you gain but it is at the expense of not reaching the potential amount of muscle you can gain per month. It really is personal preference.

What lifting program are you running? Does it have progressive overload built in?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »

End Goal is 190
    Measurements pending.

25 is very agressive- but I've comfortably put on 20 pounds in 5-6 months.

I'm sitting at 179 pounds right now- and planned for another 15 days.

I couldn't do a whole year of bulking- A. i'm far to impatient for that and B. pure vanity. I have a "season" of dance events- and at some point... I get sick of showing up looking fat to them- so having a lean season is helpful to me. I'm actually considering pushing my bulk up 2 months next year so I don't show up to 2 of the biggest festivals in the year as fat as I am.

I'm doing okay as of right now- I feel super fluffy- I have done a piss poor job of tracking if I'm honest with myself- but I still look pretty decent and I can fit into *most* of my clothes- not all of them- but most of the stretchy ones.
    Although I did try to buy a pair of Old Navy yoga pants- I was delusional the M would fit- returned them for L- and still can't get them on. Hysterical.
  • bioklutz
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Just finished week 7 and have my deload week next. And holy crap on a cracker, it couldn't come fast enough.

I am going to retest my 1rm at the end of next week. And will post stats up once i get done with all the calculations.

Did you increase your 1rm?