Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Just finished week 7 and have my deload week next. And holy crap on a cracker, it couldn't come fast enough.

I am going to retest my 1rm at the end of next week. And will post stats up once i get done with all the calculations.

Did you increase your 1rm?

I did. I forgot to post it in this thread. I posted in a few others.

Squat: 245 --> 285
    Deadlift: 225 --> 300
    Bench: 175 --> 195
    OHP: 135 --> 145
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 7 and have my deload week next. And holy crap on a cracker, it couldn't come fast enough.

I am going to retest my 1rm at the end of next week. And will post stats up once i get done with all the calculations.

Other than my deadlift being notably higher, we're pretty close, numerically. My calced 1RMs using Wendler's formula:

Squat: 289
    Deadlift: 408
    Bench: 222
    OHP: 147

Obviously, those are oddball numbers that would require some tweaking to fit plates, but close enough for now. My bulk ends Thursday, so I'll do some actual 1RM tests after I get back to maintenance post-cut, to see where I stand for my next 5/3/1 cycles.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

That's great!
  • psuLemon
    Options

Other than my deadlift being notably higher, we're pretty close, numerically. My calced 1RMs using Wendler's formula:

Squat: 289
    Deadlift: 408
    Bench: 222
    OHP: 147

Obviously, those are oddball numbers that would require some tweaking to fit plates, but close enough for now. My bulk ends Thursday, so I'll do some actual 1RM tests after I get back to maintenance post-cut, to see where I stand for my next 5/3/1 cycles.

What's interesting, is that I found I was higher than all my projected 1RM. So it will be interesting to see how your's turns out.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    kjxrl19j5swl.jpg
    Well the bulk is officially here... bye bye abs and hello neck roll. LOL
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

Nice increases! Deadlift!!?? What happened? How did you increase so much?

Well I was originally going to bulk another week but I am feeling funky. I really never thought I would say this but I am full...I am really craving low calorie veggies and am starting to get sick of the startchy ones! I am going to start cutting. I am not sick of ice cream though and will find room for it. I am still going to have my celebratory dinner Saturday - hopefully I will be hungry by then! :wink:

So I started in October at 104/105 lbs. It looks like I only made it up to 111. I thought I was on track to hit 112 but it didn't happen! Anyway - just a number and I am not worried that I didn't hit it. What I am excited about is that I made it the entire planned time!
  • psuLemon
    Options

Nice increases! Deadlift!!?? What happened? How did you increase so much?

Well I was originally going to bulk another week but I am feeling funky. I really never thought I would say this but I am full...I am really craving low calorie veggies and am starting to get sick of the startchy ones! I am going to start cutting. I am not sick of ice cream though and will find room for it. I am still going to have my celebratory dinner Saturday - hopefully I will be hungry by then! :wink:

So I started in October at 104/105 lbs. It looks like I only made it up to 111. I thought I was on track to hit 112 but it didn't happen! Anyway - just a number and I am not worried that I didn't hit it. What I am excited about is that I made it the entire planned time!

For deadlift, i corrected my grip and form.. this cycle i am deloading a bit on upper body to work on form. So I won't expect to see large increases like last round.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    The bulk is over. Time to peel some of this nastiness off.

y2ftasmbmjcm.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    That line in your shoulder- is that from your shoulder surgery (I feel like you said you had surgery?? or was that someone else?)- or is that just the definition? seems like a lot of definition at the end of a bulk- can't tell the other side- I'm so curious.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    That line in your shoulder- is that from your shoulder surgery (I feel like you said you had surgery?? or was that someone else?)- or is that just the definition? seems like a lot of definition at the end of a bulk- can't tell the other side- I'm so curious.

Nah, the only surgery I ever had was an appendectomy as a kid. That's just the shoulder muscle. I also still have veins showing in said shoulders and the undersides of biceps when flexing.

I carry bodyfat oddly, and when paired with the fact that calipers are near useless for me, I have to go with the "abs are gone, bulk is over" method. Calipers currently tell me I am between 11.2 and 13.4%, depending upon which formula is used, and if I cheat the calipers to intentionally make them read higher (not letting the spring compress). Lol, just no. There is no world in which I am 13.4% bodyfat.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Nah, the only surgery I ever had was an appendectomy as a kid. That's just the shoulder muscle. I also still have veins showing in said shoulders and the undersides of biceps when flexing.

I carry bodyfat oddly, and when paired with the fact that calipers are near useless for me, I have to go with the "abs are gone, bulk is over" method. Calipers currently tell me I am between 11.2 and 13.4%, depending upon which formula is used, and if I cheat the calipers to intentionally make them read higher (not letting the spring compress). Lol, just no. There is no world in which I am 13.4% bodyfat.

I feel your pain. Calipers have me at 16% ish, and I am veining as hell. Unfortunately, all my fat is in my stomach, which registers at 18 to 20%... so abs are gonna be a bish!!! My chest, shoulders, back and legs are fairly defined.. That is why pictures are of upper bodies never come close to my readings.
  • JoRocka
    edited March 2017
    Options
    werd- looks nice!!! it's a hell of a shoulder cut LOL.

I never had abs- I usually go by 5 months and none of my clothes fit. I get sad though when I'm doing high runners lunch and I have this giant meat pack on my hip crease. sigh.

I'm about over it for sure- I'm having to force feed at this point. I really wanted at least 185- (well 190) but I'd have taken 185... unfortunately I'm sitting at 179/180- I won't make another 5 solid pounds in the next 15 days. Ah well- I mean I could go to April- but that's to much. I won't be able to make it LOL
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    That's exactly where I am, as of this morning. I was shooting for a 180 lbs. moving average, but the midsection got to me before I could get there. It also lined up nicely with the end of a 5/3/1 cycle, so I can easily slip into a full body, high intensity routine for the couple of weeks that I'll be cutting.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

I never had abs- I usually go by 5 months and none of my clothes fit. I get sad though when I'm doing high runners lunch and I have this giant meat pack on my hip crease. sigh.

I'm about over it for sure- I'm having to force feed at this point. I really wanted at least 185- (well 190) but I'd have taken 185... unfortunately I'm sitting at 179/180- I won't make another 5 solid pounds in the next 15 days. Ah well- I mean I could go to April- but that's to much. I won't be able to make it LOL

How tall are you Jo?
    I've been sitting around 180-185 for a while and althought I'm way more comfortable than I was at my heaviest, it's still way way too heavy for me. (But I'm only 5'1'' and don't have near the muscle base you have. Some day! ;D )
    I'm expecting I'll have to get down to 140/150 to be comfortable and ditch the excess power gut lol. Hard to say since I was 130's at my lowest, started lifting around 180, and put on quite a bit of muscle on my- accidental - treck up to 215 and now back to 180's. I kind of doubt I'll ever see abs because of excess skin and not particularly enjoying dieting, but it'd be nice to see some upper body cuts some day.
    Just so atypical to hear a woman who actually wants to get close to the big 2-00 (I think it's awesome though! Wish I knew more women who weren't scared to bulk.) Didn't you say something about not wanting to be too lean for dance?
    Anyway... possibly on a rabbit trail here lol.
  • _SamanthaLynn_
    _SamanthaLynn_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gained about 5 pounds so far on my bulking/reverse diet journey. My work pants already don't fit anymore. Feeling annoyed because I've only increased my calories from about 1350 to 1700. I guess that's what I get for eating super low cal for the past few years.
  • JoRocka
    edited March 2017
    Options

How tall are you Jo?
    I've been sitting around 180-185 for a while and althought I'm way more comfortable than I was at my heaviest, it's still way way too heavy for me. (But I'm only 5'1'' and don't have near the muscle base you have. Some day! ;D )
    I'm expecting I'll have to get down to 140/150 to be comfortable and ditch the excess power gut lol. Hard to say since I was 130's at my lowest, started lifting around 180, and put on quite a bit of muscle on my- accidental - treck up to 215 and now back to 180's. I kind of doubt I'll ever see abs because of excess skin and not particularly enjoying dieting, but it'd be nice to see some upper body cuts some day.
    Just so atypical to hear a woman who actually wants to get close to the big 2-00 (I think it's awesome though! Wish I knew more women who weren't scared to bulk.) Didn't you say something about not wanting to be too lean for dance?
    Anyway... possibly on a rabbit trail here lol.

I'm 5'8"- and bottom heavy.
    I've considered breaking the 200 mark- or at least aiming for it- I'm close- I'd have to go for a full year of bulking I think to be up there. Maybe after this summer? I have a week long intensive in California for dance = cardio cardio cardio. So It's to hard for me to try to bulk through that when I need to be doing cardio regularly to prep for that event.

I love the idea of getting lean enough to be 145- but I'd be cut like my eyeliner wing if I was- and you're right- I can't get TOO terribly lean b/c of the dancing.

Which flip side- My costumes fit a weight range- right now I'm starting to push the limits of my hooks and snaps on my costumes. I actually had a costume on two weeks ago and bent over to grab something from my bag and I sprung a pant hook AND the 1" snap.

WOMP WOMP.

I also have a "dunlap" b/c my belly don'lapped over my belt. it's a little not sexy. I could move the fasteners- but it's like a 45 min process LOL- super annoying.

I also have a hard time seeing abs- dieting below 1600 calories is torture- and I have a hard time losing weight under that. I just sort of stall. around 160- my body is SUPER happy there and I'm to lazy to push it further- 155 was the lowest I've gotten since HS- and I got the public commentary "don't lose any more weight- you look really good" stage.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    @usmcmp I think has bulked upwards of 200 pounds. So- maybe in 2 years I can get there to the top end at 200. I dunno- I'd like to be over all a little leaner- but also- LAZYAF
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

y2ftasmbmjcm.jpg

Looking good @Gallowmere1984, can't wait to see your progress. Are you going back to keto for your cut?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    @usmcmp I think has bulked upwards of 200 pounds. So- maybe in 2 years I can get there to the top end at 200. I dunno- I'd like to be over all a little leaner- but also- LAZYAF

I know she permabulked for a two years and do believe it was over 200.
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited March 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

y2ftasmbmjcm.jpg

Looking good @Gallowmere1984, can't wait to see your progress. Are you going back to keto for your cut?

Kinda, heh. Think keto, but with almost no fat intake, other than EFAs.

ETA: my diary is public, if you're curious, though I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about.