Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    All I can report is that I have gained..a little fluff, and a lot stronger..muscle pumps are nice, pants and tops are tighter! :)
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    10 pound pizza?!?!? holy crap. LOL that seems like a lot. But I ate almost a whole tomato pie by myself the other day- so #teamnoshame and #teamnoregrets!

Nicely done by the way!

it's December- this is officially month two for me!! So I'm upping my calories from 1900 to probably 2100.
    I really need to do some pictures- I haven't done any yet. womp womp.

You bulk on 2,100 calories @JoRocka ? No fair. Here is poor me on around 3,500 and I'm just about gaining.
  • jdscrubs32
    Options
    My friend invited me to do a food challenge with him this past saturday, it was my first, but he's done many. A 28"/10 lb pizza between 2 of us that has to be done in 1 hour. We did it in less than 15 minutes. Bulking is awesome :D:p

That sounds delicious @Maurieawest . Bulking does have its perks alright:)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    All I can report is that I have gained..a little fluff, and a lot stronger..muscle pumps are nice, pants and tops are tighter! :)

Yess !!!! That is awesome :)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I have all the bulk I need. It's a matter of turning that into muscle; which once was muscle. My life has been like a board game lately each time I move forward a step I land on go back three steps.
    I'll be getting back into the swing of things again soon but even then I have to schedule a surgery that will have me down for approximately six months.

What was working for me was setting my macros around 40/35/25 (protein/carbs/fat) and cals at 2250-2500. I would eat most of my exercise cals back, when I could.

Good luck.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

I guess I'm semi bulking right now, plus this thread looks fun and I want in.
    Here's a flattering pic, I'm much fatter in person so trying to keep weight and fat gain to a minimum. (So maybe it's more of a recomp-bulk?) Tired of cutting and feeling weak so I'm going to attempt to get strong and muscley for a bit while not straying too far from 181 (weight class I want to make for May meet).
    I was down to 180, but been hanging around 183 for the past month or so.
    Calorie goal is set to 2400 right now, but I've had a lot of days around 3000. If I actually stick to my goal I suppose I could raise it some more.
  • Maurieawest
    Maurieawest Posts: 13 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    10 pound pizza?!?!? holy crap. LOL that seems like a lot. But I ate almost a whole tomato pie by myself the other day- so #teamnoshame and #teamnoregrets!

Nicely done by the way!

it's December- this is officially month two for me!! So I'm upping my calories from 1900 to probably 2100.

Yup, #teamnoshame! And we're going to step it up to a 12 lb'er next month. And thank you!
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

It was real good pizza, too, which certainly helped. Though, I don't meet too many pizzas I don't like. I am very much enjoying the large meals on this bulk!

And as far as my progress, last week average was up over a lb because of the pizza challenge and my birthday earlier in the week which involved lots of cream pie. Other than that, 5 weeks into my bulk I am averaging 1/2 lb ish per week gain. My lifts are going up and my pants fit the same.... so far so good. I am going to keep as is at 3300-3400/day the rest of this month.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options

Here's a flattering pic, I'm much fatter in person so trying to keep weight and fat gain to a minimum. (So maybe it's more of a recomp-bulk?) Tired of cutting and feeling weak so I'm going to attempt to get strong and muscley for a bit while not straying too far from 181 (weight class I want to make for May meet).
    Calorie goal is set to 2400 right now, but I've had a lot of days around 3000. If I actually stick to my goal I suppose I could raise it some more.

I'd say your looking like your doing rather well. I found that in order for me to cut weight faster I would need to increase my cardio for a few weeks at a time and then lift heavy. But that was me and it was most likely because I was just to impatient to wait for the pounds to fall off from lifting.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »

I'd say your looking like your doing rather well. I found that in order for me to cut weight faster I would need to increase my cardio for a few weeks at a time and then lift heavy. But that was me and it was most likely because I was just to impatient to wait for the pounds to fall off from lifting.

I wasn't really having any problems cutting weight, actually it was falling off almost faster than I would have liked without doing any cardio. Probably could have just upped my cals and kept on trucking, but I wanted to change gears for a bit. Lifting and not being in a deficit is just more fun haha.
    I'm down about 30 lbs from my heaviest. After one month at maintenance I hit a 20 lb deadlift PR. So I'm fine with not cutting for a while.
  • jdscrubs32
    Options

Nicely done by the way!

Yup, #teamnoshame! And we're going to step it up to a 12 lb'er next month. And thank you!

It was real good pizza, too, which certainly helped. Though, I don't meet too many pizzas I don't like. I am very much enjoying the large meals on this bulk!

And as far as my progress, last week average was up over a lb because of the pizza challenge and my birthday earlier in the week which involved lots of cream pie. Other than that, 5 weeks into my bulk I am averaging 1/2 lb ish per week gain. My lifts are going up and my pants fit the same.... so far so good. I am going to keep as is at 3300-3400/day the rest of this month.

Sounds like you are doing a successful bulk @Maurieawest . Carry on as you are:) Likewise I'm gaining at a rate of 0.5.kg/1lbs a week so nice and slow.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Nicely done by the way!

Sounds like you are doing a successful bulk @Maurieawest . Carry on as you are:) Likewise I'm gaining at a rate of 0.5.kg/1lbs a week so nice and slow.

I'd argue that 1lb a week is not really that slow.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements this weekend (end of month two). I'm up approximately 1/2 an inch in my arms, waist, hips, and just under an inch in my thighs.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    In.
    I'll be doing more of a hypertrophy routine for a few months. Currently weigh ~163. I'll bulk slowly and cut eventually back to below 165 for PL Meet in June.

Up about a pound.
    Have decided I won't be cutting before June '17 meet, will go up a weight class.
    Hoping to be a relatively lean 175-180 for meet.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    In.
    I'll be doing more of a hypertrophy routine for a few months. Currently weigh ~163. I'll bulk slowly and cut eventually back to below 165 for PL Meet in June.

Up about a pound.
    Have decided I won't be cutting before June '17 meet, will go up a weight class.
    Hoping to be a relatively lean 175-180 for meet.

how tall are you?
  • _benjammin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ^
    5'10" with very skinny wrists and ankles.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Not really sure how my "bulk" is going. My weight spiked last week, but then dropped 2.2lb this week, so basically back to normal. My lifts are better. Increased bench, OHP, squat, and added a rep to deads.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    ^

Jesus. MOAR FOOD!!! LOL

I'm 5"8" and I sit at 160-165. I agree with you not cutting before your meet. LOL
  • _benjammin
    Options
    ^

Jesus. MOAR FOOD!!! LOL

I'm 5"8" and I sit at 160-165. I agree with you not cutting before your meet. LOL

FWIW, Most people think I weigh ~175+.
    Small boned! lol
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Ughhhh I am on a quick mini cut - for about 2 weeks. I am gaining too fast. I am probably around 109 pounds right now and I think around 112 pounds is where I will really hate how I look. There is a little bit of yuck going on when I look in the mirror now - I keep looking at my calves and thighs and thinking they look enormous. I want to keep going until the end of February. I need to try to get a 1-1.5 pounds of this off and slow things down.

I have no idea why I can be disciplined to cut or maintain weight but am having trouble with gaining slowly. A little extra food and I want MORE!

The mini cut went well. I feel like I gained back control of what I am eating. I started to develop a it doesn't matter I am on a bulk attitude. I guess I can't eat 1,000 calorie desserts several times a week. :wink:

I ate at maintenance yesterday - and probably today and then I am going to start adding slowly increasing calories and hopefully I won't lose control again!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Welp- I have put on my normal winter pants- and... they feel snug- weight gain. issssaaaahappening.