• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm eating pie for food today. Blackberry with a little raspberry and apple pies. With home made whip cream. NOMNOMNOM.

It's f**king game on for calories this weekend!

I'm tempted to start today as well, but I'm going to try to keep it to tomorrow and Friday. And there will be no logging.

I usually log- mostly because I want to try to see how much food I can actually eat. 4K minimum. In the past we used to do a Food challenge- I tried for 6 K the first time and fell woefully short. 4K was more realistic and I think I still came in at like 3500. It was pathetic. And I was *kitten* trying.

I think the most I've managed in a day was around 6k, but I could have gone a lot harder if not for the fact that 4500 of that was within a three hour cheat window.

6K is a LOT of food. Most people have no concept of what it is.

I'm happy with 4K

Last saturdays re-feed ended at 12.5k calories for me.

And I could have eaten more. Oops

Oh my.

Does that mean challenge accepted? ;)

Damn, I just saw this and it's already 11am on Thanksgiving day. I'm WAY behind with just a bowl of Lucky Charms and an oatmeal cream pie for breakfast.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I'm eating pie for food today. Blackberry with a little raspberry and apple pies. With home made whip cream. NOMNOMNOM.

It's f**king game on for calories this weekend!

I'm tempted to start today as well, but I'm going to try to keep it to tomorrow and Friday. And there will be no logging.

I usually log- mostly because I want to try to see how much food I can actually eat. 4K minimum. In the past we used to do a Food challenge- I tried for 6 K the first time and fell woefully short. 4K was more realistic and I think I still came in at like 3500. It was pathetic. And I was *kitten* trying.

I think the most I've managed in a day was around 6k, but I could have gone a lot harder if not for the fact that 4500 of that was within a three hour cheat window.

6K is a LOT of food. Most people have no concept of what it is.

I'm happy with 4K

Last saturdays re-feed ended at 12.5k calories for me.

And I could have eaten more. Oops

Oh my.

Does that mean challenge accepted? ;)

Damn, I just saw this and it's already 11am on Thanksgiving day. I'm WAY behind with just a bowl of Lucky Charms and an oatmeal cream pie for breakfast.

You'd better get cracking!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Ok. So...this is the place for airing our grievances, right? Since I've been at it for 3.5mos now, I'm ready to start! I was 110 when I began and just hit 118.

I think I did well sticking to gaining 2lbs/mo for the first 3mos but now I'm a mess with food and gaining too fast (stress eating). I was starting to see the pudge but taking it in stride, but now I'm panicking and thinking I should do a small cut OR just put the damned fork down..,get my *kitten* straight...and slow gain the last 2lbs and be done. The only saving grace is I've been keeping up with my workouts. I'm not worried about when it's time to cut. This may be my first bulk and I might be new to all of this, but if there's one thing I know how to do its cut. Makes me think....if I gain a bit too much I'll just deal with it.

What's making me not want to ditch the whole thing is that I feel like I HAVE made some progress. The odds may be against me but I want to see it through. Gah.... I love this and I HATE it!!!!

Ok. I think I'm done whining now. :neutral:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Wow...holidays really bring in the food and weight can come on fast! I really need to get to the gym and LIFT tomorrow to make sure at least some of it is muscle ;)
  • edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    Ok. So...this is the place for airing our grievances, right? Since I've been at it for 3.5mos now, I'm ready to start! I was 110 when I began and just hit 118.

I think I did well sticking to gaining 2lbs/mo for the first 3mos but now I'm a mess with food and gaining too fast (stress eating). I was starting to see the pudge but taking it in stride, but now I'm panicking and thinking I should do a small cut OR just put the damned fork down..,get my *kitten* straight...and slow gain the last 2lbs and be done. The only saving grace is I've been keeping up with my workouts. I'm not worried about when it's time to cut. This may be my first bulk and I might be new to all of this, but if there's one thing I know how to do its cut. Makes me think....if I gain a bit too much I'll just deal with it.

What's making me not want to ditch the whole thing is that I feel like I HAVE made some progress. The odds may be against me but I want to see it through. Gah.... I love this and I HATE it!!!!

Don't panic. All is going to plan. Keep up the strength work and calorie surplus for one more month. Then assess. If you have calipers, you can always check your body fat % for reassurance. It's easy to feel like things are out of control (i.e., massive fat gains) when really everything is fine.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @cnbbnc sounds like you are doing great.. there are always times on a bulk where I go a little crazy (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years etc) which results in a little extra gain and water weight. Maybe start tracking and logging your food again so you are eating the right surplus without going too overboard for your comfort level. I wouldn't cut just yet!

As for me, I am doing well but I just feel so impatient lately. It's like watching a plant grow. Because I am doing a very slow bulk not only is the progress on the scale slow, but the physical results are as well. I mean it's great because I still look relatively lean, but I don't mind a bit of extra fluff for the gainz. I think I may have to bump up my surplus so I am in the 2lbs per month club... ackkk I don't know what to do. Maybe with the holidays coming up it will all work itself out! :)
  • leajas1
    Options

Push through, you can do this! Remember that some of those extra calories are going to a good cause. If you could be disciplined enough to cut right now, then you can be disciplined enough to bulk responsibly!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

I had a love for my first one and then hated it and abandoned it. It was learning curve but if I had it do over, I would have stuck to it...

If you are measuring your progress over these past months, you will have an idea what that progress actually is.. The odds are not against you in the least, this is where the mind and body may not be in agreement at the moment.

You can only do what you are comfortable with..no matter what you decide, nothing is a waste of time, you have the data from this one to do another one, rinse and repeat as often as it takes to get you to goal. :)
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

I have found consistently 3.5 months is ALWAYS the mental breaking point.

This post is EXACTLY why I do 4-6 month window.

Because at 3.5 months- I want to quit so badly- so I say "if I can make it to 4- I'm okay" and then usually I feel a lot better and I can push on to 5 months.

Yup. This is the conversation I'm having with myself. 8lbs is a lot on a short stack such as myself.... My measurements are up a bit and my abs are just about gone, but neither are what I would say is horrible. My pants still fit so...there's that! LOL! I've thought about pushing a bit further if I can stand it. Thank you. :smile:

If you could be disciplined enough to cut right now, then you can be disciplined enough to bulk responsibly!

This is just the cyber smack in the face that I needed. LMAO!!!

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    One little bump in the road I have in keeping the calories 3500 and up, are deload weeks. I simply don't need the extra food because I don't have the drive to eat beset on by that training hunger. ("Trunger?") I get food apathetic because the break in my training routine.

Things were much easier when I was an office drone. I had a drawer of food right by my desk and half the company fridge to myself where I'd be stuffing my face every 1.5 to 2 hours.

ARGH, I hate food apathy.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    OK, so I'm going to try for a little bulk, about 4 lbs to start. I know when winter break comes, I will be out of town 1 week(no access to weights) and little to no weights the other week. I do have dumbbells at home, and can do body weight. Any ideas on what to do during those two weeks so my bulk can continue with muscle gain?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    One little bump in the road I have in keeping the calories 3500 and up, are deload weeks. I simply don't need the extra food because I don't have the drive to eat beset on by that training hunger. ("Trunger?") I get food apathetic because the break in my training routine.

Things were much easier when I was an office drone. I had a drawer of food right by my desk and half the company fridge to myself where I'd be stuffing my face every 1.5 to 2 hours.

ARGH, I hate food apathy.

This is me on Monday's and Tuesdays- Monday is easier because I lift- but Tuesday is dance-and it's not the same unless we are doing something heavy duty like an hour of drilling- or west african- which is like doing cardio lunges (everything is SUPER low to the floor- and quad heavy)....

Otherwise- I just don't care. I get home and I"m tired- I don't want to cook and I'm not hungry enough....so I usually get a serving of ice cream to make myself feel a LEETLE better that I ate- but god. I know in the back of my head- I'm not pushing hard enough to eat. derp.

• piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Up about 7lbs over the normal water weight gain so about 11 total and my 33's are still fitting B)
    201 as of yesterday and lifts are going in the right direction
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Up another 0.5kg/1.1lbs since last week. The slow bulk is coming along nice and slowly.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Ughhhh I am on a quick mini cut - for about 2 weeks. I am gaining too fast. I am probably around 109 pounds right now and I think around 112 pounds is where I will really hate how I look. There is a little bit of yuck going on when I look in the mirror now - I keep looking at my calves and thighs and thinking they look enormous. I want to keep going until the end of February. I need to try to get a 1-1.5 pounds of this off and slow things down.

I have no idea why I can be disciplined to cut or maintain weight but am having trouble with gaining slowly. A little extra food and I want MORE!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I still haven't taken ANY pictures for progress- I'm thinking this weekend I need to do that. Which will be a month out.

Start
    1 November 2016
    Calories 1650 up to 1900.

I've held at approximately 1900 for the month- definitely all about averages- had some high- had some low- but I'm feeling already fluffy- so I think my optimism was high- going to I think do calorie jumps on a monthly basis right now. Unsure- I need to do better at tracking and at a documenting.
  • leajas1
    Options
    I'm just going to do a picture at the end, but I will take measurements this weekend (doing that monthly and I'm just ending month two). Pretty sure my thighs are seeing the most of the weight gain - my pants are a little more snug in this area.

I started out at 1800/1900-ish and now I'm set at 2290 plus I tend to eat my exercise calories - I definitely eat all my cardio, which isn't all that much on any given week. I ate less this week because I gained too much last week and it was all fat, I'm assuming (rest week + Thanksgiving).

I think I'll definitely be ready to stop at the end of January.
  • Maurieawest
    Maurieawest Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My friend invited me to do a food challenge with him this past saturday, it was my first, but he's done many. A 28"/10 lb pizza between 2 of us that has to be done in 1 hour. We did it in less than 15 minutes. Bulking is awesome :D:p
  • JoRocka
    Options
    10 pound pizza?!?!? holy crap. LOL that seems like a lot. But I ate almost a whole tomato pie by myself the other day- so #teamnoshame and #teamnoregrets!

Nicely done by the way!

it's December- this is officially month two for me!! So I'm upping my calories from 1900 to probably 2100.
    I really need to do some pictures- I haven't done any yet. womp womp.