If it came down to it would u eat human flesh?

Options

Replies

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    If I'm strandedat sea I'd rather die with company than eat the only other person on the boat, come to my senses, realize what I've done and die alone. BecauseI know well I wouldn't find land on my own.

Homo don't play dat
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    If you where eating your friend and then a rescue plane shows up an hour later, would you take a to-go bag?

Now were are throwing in a chance of rescue?? hhhmmmmm

Will I now be charged with murder or is there such as thing as survival killing that is justified homicide?

After Googling, it seems like judges think it's best to wait until the person dies naturally before eating them. Killing them makes the court iffy, but you'd probably be ok given the circumstances. Also only if a long time has passed. Like you can't be stranded and eat the person after a day. Also do you wonder if the mods read our conversations and just shake their heads?

"rescue plane comes within the hour" so I guess I will be in deep doo doo!

eta an absolutely emphatically yes on the reading of our posts and shakes head!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I've actually thought of this before because as a vegan I get asked the "but what if your on a deserted island" and I have come to the conclusion that I'd probably die first before killing something else

unless my foraging skills were good which they are decent but only for this area of the world so

I'd probably just starve unless I was rescued
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    I've actually thought of this before because as a vegan I get asked the "but what if your on a deserted island"

heh. i just worked with a team where one of the people was sort of odd about what foods she would/wouldn't eat. there wasn't any reliable pattern to it. someone was tease-interrogating her to try and find one, and 'a colleague' came up as an option.

i thought 'depends which colleague' was the obvious answer, but the guy never quite settled down with me after that. he actually would have been on my 'nope' list, but there didn't seem to be a diplomatic way of reassuring him about that.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    How do you log human flesh in MFP?

Duh, you search for it?

ictxbkqvq3gf.jpg

;)

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Now I want to search for all weird things in the data base though!

I use to have a friend that logged her coke and marijuana use. So I know those things are or at least were in there!

How much protein is there in a joint?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Yes. Funny thing is, I would probably eat human flesh before I ate an egg. We're like pork, right?

We are also the only animal aside from pork that makes crackling when roasted. This is sounding a little better...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Jonathan Swift (author of Gulliver's Travels) wrote a quite persuasive essay in 1729, setting out a case for poor people in Ireland to eat their children:

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    I'll take the wasting away for 200, Alex. I hope we packed some liquor, wasting away we'll be alot easier that way.

Maybe beer instead because it makes you DAF and its filling

Doesn't ketosis make you dizzy and lightheaded anyways? Who needs beer?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I hate kids, but I'm greedy and want to live

Actually the kids would be more tender than your old friend--kind of like veal, right?
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    No.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nuts.
  • TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes I would !
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Yep, sure would. My buddy's not using the body anymore, why waste it? Not saying I'd be happy about it (plus I've heard it tastes sickeningly sweet and disgusting) but you gotta do what you gotta do to get home alive.

Only if he were already dead, though.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Only if he were already dead, though.

that's considerate of you :D:D

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Absolutely. And 99% everyone who said no is lying to them selfs. The will to survive is a strong driving force. You would be surprised at what you will do to survive.

Ive gone without food long enough to know I wouldn't

Me too.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Just about all of us are living because our ancestors not too far back survived a season after resorting to the consumption of the dead for their survival.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I hate kids, but I'm greedy and want to live

This may be the most confusing part of this thread
    My bad! OP mentioned eating a person to survive and avoid orphaning their kids. I was being edgy, saying I have no interest in ever having kids but would do what it takes to avoid dying.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    This thread has really gone to Hell... pardon my french