What exercises do you avoid? Why?

Options
12346»

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I use to avoid Deadlifts. I manage to herniate 2 discs in my lower back. Stopped for 3 months to rest up my lower back. Started to do them again 3 weeks ago and I'm up to 305 again slowly getting to the 400's at a casual pace.

Right now what I'm avoiding is Back Squats. I'll do front squats or goblets but I can't get the bar on the back part of my shoulders without intense pain. Though I simply traded that off for Front Squats to work Quads and Clean Deadlift to work hamstrings. Its weird Front Squats bothers my workout buddy but doesn't phase me at all though Back Squats I can't find a position or padding to make it remotely comfy.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Direct ab work. Since I do a lot of compound lifts, plyometrics, kickbox, and have to practice "holding" my legs out on kicks, direct ab work is something I don't do but maybe once a month.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I am more of a Raider fan. But I am with the Niner on this one. I HATE sit-ups, leg lifts, etc. I find it hard to breathe deeply during those movements, I guess because your diaphragm gets immobilized and limited. I hate that feeling of not being able to breathe.
  • janiner79
    janiner79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I avoid calves... Because I hate falling out of bed and crawling to the bathroom in the morning...

Stupid calves....
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Anything that isn't a few push ups, playing cricket and walking a shed load.

Because ... I dunno, just don't see the need.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting - don't see the point in picking something up if you are just going to put it down again.