What's your 'Selfish Reason'?

Options

Replies

• michellechawner
    Options
    To show all the people with Fibro who say they can't exercise through the pain, it's just too hard, it's so easy to just go on disability and sit at home all day doing nothing... everyone I know who has fibro is bigger and has a lot of excuses... But I'm setting the example for the younger people with Fibro.

I am not a sit on your @ss kinda gal and I work full time, volunteer, and still can look GREAT despite my medical issues.

Sorry! This doesn't qualify! Be selfish....er! I will show you.

I want to rub my ex's face in it and I want my husband's friends to be jealous of him.

How does it not qualify? I don't want to get back at exes (they're all losers anyways), I don't want to turn heads (I already got my man and he isn't going anywhere), I want to prove to myself and everyone else who says it's impossible that it can be done.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    To bang hot chicks.

i have to take the married guy side of this...

to have hot chicks wanna bang me.

Same. To have hot guys wanna bang me.

To be respected in the business world and be able to dress the part. I want to be the sexy profession with trendy clothes, not the fat one wearing grandma clothes.

To be able to look at people from my past (especially those who took jabs at my appearance) that I despise and tell them to suck it.
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    age is creeping up on me and freaking me out... my oldest son is getting married next month and I want him to be proud of me instead of slightly embarrassed by me.. and being a milf would make me smile. Not that I would act on it.. but every woman likes to get the "interested"look
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    To wear skimpy clothes around the house for my boyfriend. (;
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    To have my wife be unable to restrain herself and throw herself at me.

Hasn't happened yet. She does get more handsy than she used to.

Must be more work left to do.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wanting people to stop telling me I have a pretty face. That just means your fat with a pretty face. :sad:

I want to look at a guy in the eye and know what he is really thinking is not she has a pretty face but I would take her home. :laugh:

My total selfish reason is to know I still got it :blushing:

Happily married but it's nice to know you are still desirable.
  • rinaznet
    rinaznet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Basically, after looking at some pictures of myself, I realised that I was gaining a lot of weight since I got married. I didn't like what I saw. So that was the main reason I guess.

I've been keeping as healthy as I could by doing regular jogs and walks and have lost more than 10kgs even before knowing myfitnesspal and have been stabilizing at this optimal weight for a year now.

The irony is, a lot of my clothes don't fit now. And I don't like shopping for new clothes when the old ones are perfectly in good condition :p
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    To make my husband's friends say, "how the hell did you get so lucky?!" oh yeah!
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I want to look good enough to where a woman would want me before I ever said anything. I think it would be awesome to catch someone checking me out.

You must be oblivious to your surroundings...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've never been very overweight nor unhealthy and my SO never took issue with my size, so all my reasons are selfish and mostly shallow.

I like to look good. Period. But I also want to be active as I age. Still, though, for ME not anyone else.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    straight from my profile . . .

My Inspirations

•hotter sex
    •looking good naked has it's benefits
    •new ink/piercings when I reach my goals
    •ending up on top when wrestling with _the_feniks_
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    The only thing that got me off my *kitten* after 6 years of obesity was knowing I was going to reunite with the love of my life within six months. We started talking Dec 23rd, I got off my *kitten* Dec 27th. I started my journey for HIM, because HELL NO was he going to see me naked LIKE THAT. By the time I saw him (and made sweet love to him lol) I was doing this whole thing for me, not him, but I still wake up every day thanking GOD he came into my life. No matter how the story ends between him and I (we are long distance etc) I will ALWAYS love what the idea of seeing him did to me. It woke me up!

So in short, my "selfish" reason for wanting to get fit is wanting to look good naked during sex HA HA HA. All the other, more important reasons, still apply ;)
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    To make my husband go gaga.

To make other men go gaga.

Because I love hearing people ask my husband how in the world he ended up with me.

To wear a bikini.

^ This
  • xbrittney90
    xbrittney90 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want to show him what he was missing!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    To look good naked in those situation where I am naked in front of people (don't ask)
  • RunThirteenPoint1
    Options
    I want to go from half marathon to marathon to ultra. I know I can't accomplish this without a lean strong core. I want to "run like the wind" just like Forrest.
  • jbalistriere
    jbalistriere Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I started because I wanted to fit into a cute pair of jeans I bought. Of course, being a good example to my kids, and fixing my health so I can be around for of their important moments is great, too. But, I do have to say, I love the attention. I can honestly (and selfishly) say that once I reach my goal and my body finds its new normal, I am going to miss the attention and the pats on the back. My husband has always been very good at boosting my ego but sometimes you just need some reassurance from someone who isn't biased. :)
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i just want to wear short shorts and a t-shirt and flip flops and have people go "wow! she is hot!"
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    So the local musical theater director will actually LOOK at me during dance auditions and see that I'm a good dancer instead of writing me off as "the jiggly one."
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    To walk buy all those people who teased me and called me ugly, fat, disgusting, etc. and show them who I am. And then, when they tell me I "look great." I'll tell them to shove it up their *kitten*.