Diet coke or pepsi?

Options
I'm drinking on average 3 cans of diet coke a day.

Which one do you prefer and why?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Coca Cola, always tasted better to me than Pepsi. Diet Coke tastes like a diet soda to me, Diet Pepsi I don't think I've ever had, so I was thrilled when Coke Zero came out. I'm off caffeine now, so I don't drink it anymore, but that's the one I went for these past few years.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Diet Pepsi, for sure.

ETA: Diet Coke tastes more chemically to me, but I'll drink it. When I go out to eat I usually order a "Diet Brown" if I don't know what they carry. LOL
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi. I've never liked the taste of Diet Coke (but Coke Zero is fine).
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Coke Zero.

Even more so, Diet Dr Pepper.

Also a fan of Canada Dry diet ginger ale and Fresca.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Thunder - not as sweet as Diet Dr. Pepper, and costs a bit less.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Diet A&W - very low acid (reflux)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi tastes better than Diet Coke

Fun fact: Has anyone heard about New Coke (or do you remember it)? The origin of New Coke is that Pepsi was beating Coke in Coca-Cola's own taste tests and Coca-Cola was trying to figure out how to gain some of Pepsi's consumers. Coca-Cola also found in their taste tests that the flavor of Diet Coke tested better than Coke (but still worse than Pepsi).** So Coca-Cola decided to take advantage of the better flavor they owned, Diet Coke, and make a version containing calories to replace their current primary caloric drink, Coke. They did this and labeled the "new" beverage as New Coke. It failed fast in the U.S. because of culture, not taste, but I have heard there are parts of the world where you might be able to find it. Or, you could just drink Diet Coke and have the flavor without the calories.

**In case you did not know, Diet Coke does not have the same flavor of Coke. They are supposed to taste different... not sure why so many people keep thinking they are supposed to taste the same, but this seems to come up often: "Ugh, Diet Coke doesn't taste anything like Coke!"