This is the correct answer.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Neither....

Diet Dr. Pepper all the way.

The only reason I didn't say Diet Dr Pepper is because it wasn't a choice. Plus I just finished drinking a Diet Pepsi at lunch.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Neither....

I'll admit... I have lately been drinking more than my share of Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry. Still, given the choice of Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi (and if those are the only choices), it is Diet Pepsi.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi tastes better than Diet Coke

Fun fact: Has anyone heard about New Coke (or do you remember it)? The origin of New Coke is that Pepsi was beating Coke in Coca-Cola's own taste tests and Coca-Cola was trying to figure out how to gain some of Pepsi's consumers. Coca-Cola also found in their taste tests that the flavor of Diet Coke tested better than Coke (but still worse than Pepsi).** So Coca-Cola decided to take advantage of the better flavor they owned, Diet Coke, and make a version containing calories to replace their current primary caloric drink, Coke. They did this and labeled the "new" beverage as New Coke. It failed fast in the U.S. because of culture, not taste, but I have heard there are parts of the world where you might be able to find it. Or, you could just drink Diet Coke and have the flavor without the calories.

**In case you did not know, Diet Coke does not have the same flavor of Coke. They are supposed to taste different... not sure why so many people keep thinking they are supposed to taste the same, but this seems to come up often: "Ugh, Diet Coke doesn't taste anything like Coke!"

Not quite. Pepsi wins the blind taste tests because it's sweeter so people tend to prefer the first few sips - and that's all the taste tests cover. When people drink the whole glass, the preference tends to switch to Coke (though obviously, there are people who always inherently prefer one over the other; I'm talking general populations here).

But marketing and culture can certainly contribute to a strong preference in either direction.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Neither....

I'll admit... I have lately been drinking more than my share of Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry. Still, given the choice of Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi (and if those are the only choices), it is Diet Pepsi.

This is the incorrect answer. :wink:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Diet Mtn. Dew is my preference. And yes, I drink one almost every day and then have either diet Squirt or a diet cherry 7UP at night. I drink a ton of water, too, but I haven't had any bad side effects and certainly not weight gain from diet pop / soda.

Sometimes I think it's more about what people habitually correlate with drinking pop. If you by habit like to have chips or a candy bar or whatever with your diet soda then weight gain is possible because those extra calories add up. I'm not saying this is true for everyone. But from experience several people I know will have certain snacks with their daily (or more often) diet soda.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max or Coke Zero. Diet Coke is ok at a real stretch and with a side order of
    Grumbling.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer diet root beer over Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke. Out of the first two choices though, Diet Coke wins. I used to love diet Diet Pepsi, but when they switched to sucralose, I couldn't drink it anymore. It was just nasty.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Coke Zero! Especially when I can find the Vanilla or Cherry :)

Having read more of the thread, I realize I didn't technically answer your question. I like Diet Pepsi better than diet Coke. But I like Coke Zero better than both!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I actually prefer diet root beer over Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke. Out of the first two choices though, Diet Coke wins. I used to love diet Diet Pepsi, but when they switched to sucralose, I couldn't drink it anymore. It was just nasty.

Now that it's back to aspartame, would you switch back to Diet Pepsi (after the baby, of course)? I think it still tastes like old.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Diet Mtn. Dew is my preference. And yes, I drink one almost every day and then have either diet Squirt or a diet cherry 7UP at night. I drink a ton of water, too, but I haven't had any bad side effects and certainly not weight gain from diet pop / soda.

Sometimes I think it's more about what people habitually correlate with drinking pop. If you by habit like to have chips or a candy bar or whatever with your diet soda then weight gain is possible because those extra calories add up. I'm not saying this is true for everyone. But from experience several people I know will have certain snacks with their daily (or more often) diet soda.

I completely agree. I also think that the correlation between obesity and diet soda consumption seen in epidemiological studies is due to a lot of people doing things exactly like this. Or ordering a diet soda and then feeling like they can go ahead and order an extra large french fry at the fast food place.

I tend to have a diet soda in the late afternoon as a tide-me-over when I want a little something-something, but I'm not really hungry. Other days, it might be a cup of herbal tea. Today it's a tea day. I'm drinking cinnamon-apple.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke. Cherry Coke Zero or Fresca is my favorite, but I can't stand Pepsi, diet or otherwise. Blegh.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

Now that it's back to aspartame, would you switch back to Diet Pepsi (after the baby, of course)? I think it still tastes like old.

Likely not for a long time. The bad memory of taste is still way to fresh in my mind.
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper. Can't stand any other flavor of diet pop in existence.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    None. It is all bad for you. End of story.