cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Pepsi max.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ahmshaki wrote: »
    I'm drinking on average 3 cans of diet coke a day.

Which one do you prefer and why?

I think diet sodas are just plain nasty...I don't drink soda often, but when I do, I drink a "real" soda...

Also, not really a cola guy...I love a good root beer or sarsaparilla...and I like the "real" orange Fanta from Mexico that is made with cane sugar and has orange juice in it.

Diet A&W Root Beer is amazing. Diet Mug is *kitten* AIDS in a can.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I had my wife pour me diet coke and coke zero. Same type of glasses, temps etc. Could not tell the difference between them. I have coke zero right now.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    I had my wife pour me diet coke and coke zero. Same type of glasses, temps etc. Could not tell the difference between them. I have coke zero right now.

Really? I can not stand diet coke but coke zero is my drink of choice lol
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

I find that odd because I can definitely tell the difference. In fact, remember how I mentioned (page 2 or 3?) that Diet Coke has its own flavor and is not supposed to taste like Coke Classic? Coke Zero is, in fact, the same flavor as Coke Classic. So the Coke Classic / Zero flavor is not the same as the Diet Coke flavor. Notice I didn't say "taste" because that is subjective to each person, but "flavor" in this case is the formulation intended to elicit a taste response.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Might be that I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners so much, that's it's all I taste. Even Stevia doesn't taste good to me. I switched from pop to water for that reason (but Crown and water doesn't work, hence the coke zero I have). Nothing evil about them, I just don't like the taste.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Might be that I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners so much, that's it's all I taste. Even Stevia doesn't taste good to me. I switched from pop to water for that reason (but Crown and water doesn't work, hence the coke zero I have). Nothing evil about them, I just don't like the taste.

I agree about Stevia. I tried zevia after hearing everyone rave about it and didn't enjoy it at all (and I tried many different flavours)
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Diet coke for me, but I'll drink diet pepsi if that's what they have. What can I say, I like my caffeine.

If cherry coke zero is available, I'll choose that over both. Unfortunately other than cans at the grocery store, the only places I usually see it are at work (overpriced in the hospital cafeteria or gift shop) or at places that have the CocaCola Freestyle machines where it doesn't quite taste the same.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Diet ginger ale and diet root beer are my go-to's, but I enjoy Coke Zero, too. And Sprite Zero. And Diet Dr. Pepper.

Also, lol at the people riding in on their high horse to tell us about how we're poisoning ourselves and ruining our weight loss efforts. Just no.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ahmshaki wrote: »
    I'm drinking on average 3 cans of diet coke a day.

Which one do you prefer and why?

I think diet sodas are just plain nasty...I don't drink soda often, but when I do, I drink a "real" soda...

Also, not really a cola guy...I love a good root beer or sarsaparilla...and I like the "real" orange Fanta from Mexico that is made with cane sugar and has orange juice in it.

Diet A&W Root Beer is amazing. Diet Mug is *kitten* AIDS in a can.
    I'm lucky I only ever see A&W then!

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    The Diet Sunkist drinkers in this thread are making me sad. For diet orange soda, Diet Orange Crush is where it's at. That stuff is awesome. I'm also currently drinking some Diet Cranberry Canada Dry. Festive.
  • embraceyourinnerbeauty
    Options
    Diet pepsi :#
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The Diet Sunkist drinkers in this thread are making me sad. For diet orange soda, Diet Orange Crush is where it's at. That stuff is awesome. I'm also currently drinking some Diet Cranberry Canada Dry. Festive.

All the various diet options on this thread are making me sad. Here in Aust, if you're not in a supermarket and willing to buy by the case or large bottle, your no calorie options are Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max or Sprite Zero, if you're lucky.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero by far. It mixes the best with bourbon or spiced rum. If I wouldn't die of alcohol poisoning, I'd drink Coke Zero and Evan Williams all day long.

Diet Dr. Pepper is my non-alcoholic fav. I haven't found anything that really mixes well with it.

Diet 7UP is also pretty decent and mixes well with gin.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    5 months ago I would have said Pepsi (drunk 2L EVERY day). Now I stick to water.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    JeffreyOC wrote: »
    5 months ago I would have said Pepsi (drunk 2L EVERY day). Now I stick to water.

Then again, there's always that little thing called "moderation". I've never considered it an either/or proposition that one guzzles liters of soda every day or quits entirely and drink only water.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    @AnvilHead Well that's what I decided to do, I found it easier..
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    lnculver wrote: »
    Neither soda is so unhealthy and diet anything is even worse. I've only sipped a soda in the last year water, tea and coffee all the way baby why waiste calories on sugarie drinks that harm your body.

They don't harm your body.

/insert the Sherlock "do your research" gif