5' - 5'3" females- want to lose 25-30 lbs

Options

Replies

• petete101
    petete101 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im 5 even. 25 yo. And trying to lose atleast 35 lbs. Its tough!

It's tough but you have youth on your side. Somehow weight banishes when you are young. My advice, track everything... be honest about it. Cut back on sugar the number one killer of a diet and last try to move. Don't have a gym membership? Go walk at least half hour in a park, mall, etc. I do you tube videos, 20 minutes of Jillian Michaels or bob Harper and you will start to see the difference.
  • shortie120
    shortie120 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 27 4'10 and currently 159 looking to be 125.
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weigh In -- Finishing Week #12 (84 days)
    SW: 155.6 - 12/4/2016
    PW: 137.6
    CW: 138.2
    GW: 122

I'll call this a successful week. Didn't do the treadmill but did up my steps at work now that my stamina has returned. I've been eating in the range of a maintenance caloric intake. Haven't gone crazy with food. The quality of the food I've been eating has been lower and that's resulted in some hunger. I've thought of this as a bit of a rest on a long journey. This evening I asked a friend at work to ask me on Tuesday if I did time on the treadmill Monday night. She will and that bit of accountability should ensure I get me back on track. Transitions are my Achilles heel -- so being proactive.

We have two weeks before our weigh in at work for an 8 week weight loss challenge. I'm not worried about winning just want to be back and focused.

Best news for me for last week is I wore my size 8 jeans to work on jean day and felt great! Nice to be wearing new jeans that are a little baggie. Hope each of us has a week with a little more "bag" this week than last!
  • Rebecca512787
    edited February 2017
    Options
    [Juliemargaretkim, I may just eat more like you for the next few months- now if I could just do that power yoga.

SheilaCali -- you made me laugh out loud!! I'm not specifically doing "low carb" (in my mind, it's a version of the mediterranean diet -- so I get the wine included!) but I have to admit, it's much easier for me to just cut out the bread and grains and focus on the greens and veggies and proteins. I don't know why everyone doesn't eat making salad the major part of their dinner now! You can make it HUGE , and eat more and more and more until you're full -- just don't put the oil/dressing on -- my husband and I have been putting on yogurt based guacamole and I load up on spices -- lemon pepper, hot peppers, mushrooms sauteed with just garlic and turmeric....stuff like that. It's so good!! :D (Side note: by me eating this way, he's eating this way and he's lost 19 pounds as of today -- and I don't think he even meant to! He's looking goood!)

I am loving the yoga....that is true. See if there's a Bikram studio near you if there's not a Baptiste (Power) one... or go to youtube, then crank the heat up at your house (do you have a sauna? LOL!)

I love my whole grain breads! It would be a huge sacrifice for me if I had to give them up. For me, salads don't ever satisfy me hunger. Protein satisfies my hunger and whole grains and fiber top it off. My meals -- that will satisfy my hunger range from 250 to 400 calories. For me, eating slowly and being aware of how hungry I am is a guide. Eating at work is eating as I can. I might have a couple of bites of tuna one day and the next day I'm eating the more than a can. I try to listen to my body.
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weigh In -- Finishing Week #12 (84 days)
    PW: 137.6
    CW: 138.2

I'll call this a successful week. Didn't do the treadmill but did up my steps at work now that my stamina has returned. I've been eating in the range of a maintenance caloric intake. Haven't gone crazy with food. The quality of the food I've been eating has been lower and that's resulted in some hunger. I've thought of this as a bit of a rest on a long journey. This evening I asked a friend at work to ask me on Tuesday if I did time on the treadmill Monday night. She will and that bit of accountability should ensure I get me back on track. Transitions are my Achilles heel -- so being proactive.

We have two weeks before our weigh in at work for an 8 week weight loss challenge. I'm not worried about winning just want to be back and focused.

Best news for me for last week is I wore my size 8 jeans to work on jean day and felt great! Nice to be wearing new jeans that are a little baggie. Hope each of us has a week with a little more "bag" this week than last!

It's amazing that for you 138 is a size 8, and 141 for me is a size 12. Of course, now I'm 143 (go figure). Our bodies are all different and wonderful. I have my 10's standing by, but my 8's are packed away. I was an 8- 2 short years ago. I was a ten until last fall, and I bought one pair of 12's thinking I'd shrink out of them in a few weeks. Fast forward 10 weeks....I bought more 12's.

I'm a little frustrated about my lack of progress, but I'm trying to do this right this time- not giving up tasty food and moving more. It's hard to keep logging, but I just joined another accountability group for March. I suggest everyone do a challenge like this. There were times I didn't eat something, and other times I worked out because of it. Good luck everyone- but we know there's not much luck involved. It's hard work, but we're moving forward! :p
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Me too. Not that I can be bothered to divide all your weights by 14 so I actually understand what you're on about!

I'm 34, 5'1" and was 11 stone 1lb. This week I'm 10 stone 9lb. Ideal world I'd like to reach 9 stone but just taking each meal and exercise class as it comes.

(155lb start. 149lb now. 126lb is ultimate goal. So 29lb overall.)
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

From Rebecca5127: "I love my whole grain breads! It would be a huge sacrifice for me if I had to give them up. For me, salads don't ever satisfy me hunger. Protein satisfies my hunger and whole grains and fiber top it off. My meals -- that will satisfy my hunger range from 250 to 400 calories. For me, eating slowly and being aware of how hungry I am is a guide. Eating at work is eating as I can. I might have a couple of bites of tuna one day and the next day I'm eating the more than a can. I try to listen to my body. [/quote]"

Absolutely -- And you're doing great! Everyone has to do what works for them -- and what their body needs! But I do share what is working for me. I hear you about the love of whole grain breads -- for years I started everyday with a toasted 1/2 wheat bagel and cereal! (Raisin bran was my favorite....) I'm just in a different place now! But -- that's one thing I really appreciate about MFP -- it's the Calories in, calories out principle -- not "you can't eat this" diet. I do find I have a lot more food by eating greens and veggies -- but it's not for everyone. It's all good if you stick to logging the food I think.

So -- Wednesday weigh in and this morning I was 123.6! Here are the "stats" --

SW 152 (August -- 28 weeks ago! )
    PW 124.8
    CW 123.6
    GW 115

Height 5'3"
    I've lost 28 pounds in 28 weeks -- up and down, some weeks slower than others -- but it evens out!
  • AmandaTucker127
    AmandaTucker127 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I know it's a little Late in the game but could I please join you ladies? This is the first thread I've seen for us vertically challenged women lol.

I'm 5'0 and weighed in at 139.2 yesterday. I would love to get down to 110! Currently all I am doing is running and eating a meal planned bases out of a "Petite Diet" book. It seems to be going great so far!
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    We are definitely on the same page! Didn't mean for my post to sound otherwise. We each have to find what works for us and go with it. I encourage everyone to eat a reasonable amount of nutritious food each day.

Big congrats on your success! 28 pounds in 28 weeks is awesome!
    From Rebecca5127: "I love my whole grain breads! It would be a huge sacrifice for me if I had to give them up. For me, salads don't ever satisfy me hunger. Protein satisfies my hunger and whole grains and fiber top it off. My meals -- that will satisfy my hunger range from 250 to 400 calories. For me, eating slowly and being aware of how hungry I am is a guide. Eating at work is eating as I can. I might have a couple of bites of tuna one day and the next day I'm eating the more than a can. I try to listen to my body.
    "

Absolutely -- And you're doing great! Everyone has to do what works for them -- and what their body needs! But I do share what is working for me. I hear you about the love of whole grain breads -- for years I started everyday with a toasted 1/2 wheat bagel and cereal! (Raisin bran was my favorite....) I'm just in a different place now! But -- that's one thing I really appreciate about MFP -- it's the Calories in, calories out principle -- not "you can't eat this" diet. I do find I have a lot more food by eating greens and veggies -- but it's not for everyone. It's all good if you stick to logging the food I think.

So -- Wednesday weigh in and this morning I was 123.6! Here are the "stats" --

SW 152 (August -- 28 weeks ago! )
    PW 124.8
    CW 123.6
    GW 115

Height 5'3"
    I've lost 28 pounds in 28 weeks -- up and down, some weeks slower than others -- but it evens out![/quote]

• SheilaCali
    Options
    28 pounds in 28 weeks...dudette, that's phenomenal! I'm glad this isn't a race, because I'd be losing (or NOT losing in my case). I've been at it almost 11 weeks, yet have only kept off 5. If I extrapolate, that means it will take me a year to lose the same 28. Of course, that will still be awesome when it happens- when not if. Am I patient enough? We really need to work at being healthier, not just lighter. I think managing stress is even more important in the long run. I want the whole package, the whole enchilada...I am making enchiladas tomorrow...
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    New territory for me today- 141.0! I've been eating within 1200 cals- even with exercise. I guess that's my limit for now. Need to do weights more- a goal for the month. By the way, the enchiladas were great. Happy weekend all!
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm 5'2". Current weight 142. I was 180 a couple years ago. I've been up to 190! Got down to 127 a year ago and then maintained at 135 for several months but it's creeping back on. Would like to stay between 130-135. It's not easy!
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    Sunday Weigh In -- Finishing Week #13 (91 days)
    PW: 138.2
    CW: 138.6

Very late post as I should have posted Sunday. No treadmill time but have been gotten my daily walking up over 10,000 steps. What's been most important is that my eating has remained on track. So, as I try to get my mind back in the game, and keep reminding myself a bit of weight fluctuation isn't falling off the wagon.

I've been a bit bummed because I'm in a Biggest Loser type contest at work - then got sick and haven't been back on my exercise. Now, I'm off to work to weigh and see how I did compared to my colleagues!
  • tnovy545
    tnovy545 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too I have a lot to lose but I am going to do it. CW 199, GW 129. Was 5'3 all my life now only 5'2 oh no gravity?? lol
  • AmandaTucker127
    AmandaTucker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's great your food has been on track! I'm sure your exercise will be back on in no time, especially once you jump back on that treadmill! I find for me an hour or so on gives over 9k steps! The treadmill is my escape since I'm not comfortable running outside by myself.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So having a tough time dropping down from the 170 to 160 areas but I am going to keep focusing on nutrition but I my measurements are on a downward trend. anyways cw: 172 lbs gw: 135 but really anything that gets me to a size 6:)
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    SAME!! Size 10, 5'3" 165lbs goal weight is 130lbs
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »

It's amazing that for you 138 is a size 8, and 141 for me is a size 12. Of course, now I'm 143 (go figure). Our bodies are all different and wonderful. I have my 10's standing by, but my 8's are packed away. I was an 8- 2 short years ago. I was a ten until last fall, and I bought one pair of 12's thinking I'd shrink out of them in a few weeks. Fast forward 10 weeks....I bought more 12's.

I'm a little frustrated about my lack of progress, but I'm trying to do this right this time- not giving up tasty food and moving more. It's hard to keep logging, but I just joined another accountability group for March. I suggest everyone do a challenge like this. There were times I didn't eat something, and other times I worked out because of it. Good luck everyone- but we know there's not much luck involved. It's hard work, but we're moving forward! :p

Interesting! I carry a lot of my extra weight in my thighs. Watching the weights people are shooting for is interesting to me because of clothes size. Juliemarget, for instance, has said she's shooting for 115. While a whole group of us have small frames and are of similar heights, I've wondered why we choose the weight goals we each have. Clothes was why I picked 122. When I was 118, I felt terrific but I couldn't find clothes that fit -- at least that's my memory. I didn't have that problem at 122.

Here's hoping we all maintain the course of eating well and getting lots of movement and each get to find our happiest weight.
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    The results are in! I was 1st place in the weight loss challenge at work that started January 13th. Took home $187.50 from the pool. I know my percentages aren't really accurate because the nurse told me people would be wearing heavier clothes on the first weigh in and stripping down on the last. So, I played that game. The official numbers had me losing 11% of my body weight, 2nd place 8%, and 3rd place 5%. My actual weight loss was 9,3% of my body weight.

This group and our regular postings are part of the reason for my success! Thanks, gang!
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    It's Wednesday already! Wow -- this week FLEW by. Loved having Monday to clean out stuff (and sleep in!).
    Did power yoga Saturday and Sunday (90 mins. each class) and yesterday (Tuesday) for 60 mins. (Power Hour!) Will take today off (walk/jog instead) and go tomorrow. 4X /week is my goal.

Here are the stats...still making progress towards that elusive 115!

SW 152
    PW 124.9
    CW 124.8 (YES! A whole .1!)
    GW 115

Height 5'3"

Next week: Looking for the 123! B)

Nice job! That's the way we lose it .1 at a time.