Options

Replies

• BecciJoWilding
    BecciJoWilding Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3
    Current weight 153 (as of last Sunday)
    Goal weight 125
    I had my baby 7 weeks ago and am nursing so really trying to keep my milk supply up while losing weight. My weigh ins will be every Sunday
  • Natalie2950
    Natalie2950 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and 5'2'' with about 10 very persistent pounds to lose. Please feel to add.
  • BecciJoWilding
    BecciJoWilding Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 153
    Current weight 150.8
    Total loss 2.2
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 205 pounds. I've been feeling down about it, like I might as well just accept myself like this because I go well for a month or so then give up when work pressures hit. How on earth do people stay so consistent?? When I see 40+ pound losses, just wow. That's so amazing to me.

Just this once I don't want to fail!! You are all doing great. How can I curb my huge appetite, advice gladly accepted.
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 205 pounds. I've been feeling down about it, like I might as well just accept myself like this because I go well for a month or so then give up when work pressures hit. How on earth do people stay so consistent?? When I see 40+ pound losses, just wow. That's so amazing to me.

Just this once I don't want to fail!! You are all doing great. How can I curb my huge appetite, advice gladly accepted.

I"m not the best person to answer this question cause I'm too uptight about things that people like Juliemargaret don't seem to be. But she and I agree the key is eating well and moving more.

Here's a longer answer.
    I think there are a number of factors but I'll mention just a couple here. A key for me is to do something for a month that I can continue to do for my life. I won't do fad diets. I won't say I'm on a diet. I start eating well and move more. That's my life goal - eat well and move. And when people ask about my weight lose, that's what I tell them. "I started eating well and moving more." What I've noticed is how often people are disappointed in that answer! But it is the only thing that works that will permanently allow me to maintain.

I've never been a big water drinker. Didn't care for it. I'm working on that and have been much more consistent and it has had good positive results. For some reason I can see the benefits now and couldn't before. I'm still working on the consistency.

My goal is not to lose the weight it is to keep it off. I loss all of this weight before. A big change happened in my life and I wasn't able to adapt. Then, I couldn't get myself in the game. Depression had something to do with that. But I can see how food impacts my mental health. And it can be a downward spiral from there. It has been interesting to me to see what people eat. Some people who are losing are eating the right number of calories but the food isn't nutritious. This isn't sustainable. I made my first changes in healthy eating back in the late eighties when a group came to our offices and did some assessment of our health - don't even recall what they did. At that point, I made a conscious effort to start eating more chicken than beef. I developed bad eating habits, believe I'm addicted to some of the chemically made sugars so sweets I eat, I make sure they are natural sugar.

I also record every single morsel of food I eat. It is absolutely essential. The new softwares are so much easier and quicker than the EXCEL spreadsheet I set up and used for years. It makes NO sense to cheat. I never had difficulty with this concept but am surprised at how many people will say they aren't going to record something they ate because it is too many calories. Get past any tendency to cheat. By recording the reality I face my slips and mistakes. I use to watch my calories over the week and realized if I went over one day because I was hungry, I also had days I was under and on a weekly basis, it all evened out. Did I get a stuff feeling - no. But that's not the purpose of food. If I can't figure out the calories, I don't eat it. This means, for a long time, I only ate food I complete control over or could get the the info I needed. I know many people don't feel they have that luxury because they won't refuse food offered at work, etc. I opted to take care of myself first.

For me, the nutritious food gave me more fiber and more protein. These combined didn't leave me hungry. Activity that isn't excessive. I'm a fan of heart rate monitors because I had to learn at what intensity I had to work and needed data.

At one point on my journey I realized I was spending too much time talking about weight loss online and what I needed to be doing is getting out and doing something physical. On that note. I'm outta here to make my weekly post.
  • Rebecca512787
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sunday Weigh In -- Finishing Week #14 (98 days)
    SW: 155.6 - 12/4/2016
    PW: 138.6
    CW: 136.6
    GW: 122

Weighing myself every day I know I've been losing each week but because of what I ate on Saturday, it just didn't show up till this week. This two pounds represents about 3 weeks. Consistently back to getting my 10,000 steps most days but still haven't returned to the treadmill. Out of town for spring break so I'll just be walking each day enough to get my steps.

Here's to eating well and moving more!
  • tweetypiefudgecake
    tweetypiefudgecake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4'', 51 , CW 162 GW is 140 (or less if I can do it). please can you add me :-)
  • SavageBeauty85
    SavageBeauty85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    trajoi wrote: »
    Hi! I am 42 and 5'0 and 125 - I would LOVE to be around 110. I am trying the macro crap thing?! Anyone know anything about this?? It seems annoying.

I track my macros if you haven't figured it out I would love to help you
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    trajoi wrote: »
    Hi! I am 42 and 5'0 and 125 - I would LOVE to be around 110. I am trying the macro crap thing?! Anyone know anything about this?? It seems annoying.

I track my macros if you haven't figured it out I would love to help you

SavageBeauty, I'm interested in learning more. Will you say more about about what you're doing?
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Besides salads and soups what other low calorie high filling foods do you eat?
  • chubbyone73
    chubbyone73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi im 43... 5'1"...143 pds. Really lookiin gross with age and weight. Really need help and support. Please add me. :)
  • veronicav0502
    veronicav0502 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Always happy for more friends for motivation and to be a cheerleader! I'm a shorty... 5'1" & change. I'm working on losing about 30 lbs.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I can't remember if I've posted in here yet. :D There are several shorty threads. I am 4'11 and currently 147 but I've been back at this for going on 3 weeks and lost 3 lbs so far. A loss of 25 lbs is my goal for now.

SW 150
    CW 147
    GW 125
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Can you post a current picture?
    From your stats, it doesn't sound like you need to lose more weight.
    Maybe recomp?

Have you read about Staci's transformation?
    check_out_Staci

Lara_z wrote: »
    I'm 5'2".
    CW 110
    GW 98lbs

Need some friends to help me stay on track with healthy eating and excercise.
  • dayval12
    dayval12 Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Same here im 5'3 152lbs currentl. Goals weight is 130 lbs but mostly trying to lose my belly pooch after from having kids.
  • Kkwalker88
    Kkwalker88 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Could really use some support and motivation!
    5'2 28 years old
    SW 149
    CW 134
    GW 115-120
    Feel free to add!
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Linda I had to uninstall app and lost my friends hope you will send request
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    CW 149.5
    GW 130
    I'm 5 2