Replies

• Dazellyn
    Dazellyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hope your puppy is ok :(
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Call pet poison control...there might be toxic components or led in they circuit board. Here is the number.

1-(888) 426-4435
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I hopes he poops it out damaged or undamaged. It will be quite expensive if they have to surgically remove it. My daughters cat chewed off the corner of a rubber mat and it was over $2000 for that, but it also damaged his intestine. We had no idea he did it and just wasn't eating and was lethargic. We just thought he was sick. That was about 5 years ago and he is still going strong. Good Luck.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    God luck to your dog-I hope everything works out
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh no! The Fitbit is replaceable, but I fear for your beloved friend. Since it's been over 12 hours, please follow up with the vet and have the surgery if needed. Prayers going out for your dog. I completely understand your worry--I own Labs and it's all about "everything in the mouth all the time." If surgery is needed, it should be a relatively uncomplicated procedure, since the Fitbit is likely intact and can be easily visualized with an x-ray. The longer it remains, the more dangerous it can be. Please keep up posted.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    we swept his running path with the metal detector and didn't find it.
    Swept the dog (without a collar) and it went off.

Poop patrol.....ugh. or should I force him (somehow I have no idea how) to vomit?

Please confirm this with a vet first, but:
    I had a pitbull that ate socks. It was so bad I had store my socks and stockings in another higher drawer. A vet recommended to me to give her a tablespoon of peroxide and wait about 10-15 mins, then another tablespoon, and wait for her to upchuck the sock(s). It worked. It was important to get the sock out of her gut before it made its way into her intestine and potentially twisted them up

But like I said, I don't know about a device like that.

A colleague of mine had a similar situation when her husky swallowed a tennis ball. The dog was in distress because it couldn't move its bowels, they brought her to the vets and as soon as the vet and my colleague began discussing surgery to remove it, that dog pooped that ball right out.
  • emmie0022
    emmie0022 Posts: 14
    Options
    Call the vet - it could get stuck in his intestinal system
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    At least you know where it went! My husband lost his on a run, so I lent him mine, which also jogged off into the misty dawn, never to be seen again. For a week we had to run the exact same route with our eyes and headtorches glued to the footpath and gutter, with no success. Two hundred bucks worth of hunched over run-and-searches, for gadgets which weren't that useful anyway!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    LMAO!!! You made him sit next to your computer in hopes that it would sync up? So funny.

You do realize that if it had synced, you would have been cheating. I mean, he had to have taken a lot of step when he was running from y'all. :laugh:

I really did. *hanging head in shame*
    At this point, I have decided that I will reward myself for my 30 pound loss with a new fitbit and am praying that the dog doesn't die. My husband would never go for surgery for the dog.

Have they done xrays or anything? If so, and they decide that surgery is the best option... maybe the vet can workout a plan w/you. If you have to call around for other vets that might be able to help too. I used to work for a vet and she would have either discounted the surgery heavily or done it for free (depending on the situation).
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    At this point, I admit desperation. I need to know how this story ends.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Me too!! Is your dog okay??
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    So after my workout, I sit on the porch under the ceiling fan, eat my lunch, and update MFP, etc. Just a few minutes ago, I stood up and my fitbit (resting on the laptop) fell to the ground. Well my *daughter's* dog picked it up in his mouth and ran off with it. So the chase commenced and then my other daughter got him cornered, where he dropped the fitbit, but it was only the rubber belt clip. So I made the dog sit beside me at the computer for about 15 minutes and he never synced up with my fitbit dashboard, hopefully he dropped it in the yard somewhere. I have a friend coming over with a metal detector in a little while.

This has ruined my day.

I'm sorry! That's terrible, especially considering they ain't cheap. And your poor puppy :(

But I laughed hysterically at you trying to sync up your dog to see if he ate it.
  • danrob1
    danrob1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh my godness....syncing your dog, that's hilarious! I'm sorry, i couldn't help it. I hope he will be fine. Heck, I don't even know what a FitBit exactly is but I hope everything works out.
  • hollylosingit
    hollylosingit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really hope your dog is OK! Please update.
    My brother's dog is a big eats what he shouldn't dog. It has been amazing the number of things that he has passed. Recently it was 2 jumping dolphin toys from a Wendy's kid's meal.
    @danrob1 a fitbit is a type of pedometer.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Me three!! Waiting in anticipation.
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    still watching and waiting= poop patrol. I just finished my workout and am eating my lunch right now so I will go check on him in just a bit.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see how this all ends!

Hope the pup makes it through ok.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Me three!! Waiting in anticipation.

Me 4. Please keep up all updated on this situation.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    FitBit will replace it. You don't have to buy a new one unless you want a different model, or something.

As for puppy, perhaps you could put some vegetable oil in his food. It might help him pass it more easily.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Really hoping the best for your pup!