my dog ate my Fitbit One

Options

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!! the OP should be totally ashamed. If she can't afford to get vet care or vet insurance, she should not have got a dog. If financial,situation has changed then maybe she could consider having it rehomed to someone who care more about the dog than the inconvenience this is causing to her vacation plans

Loads of people clearly explained how dangerous this could be and a vet should be consulted but she didn't take the poor thing.
    This makes me so sad and angry. If it was in the UK, I'd report it to the RSPCA. This would be a criminal,offence mi sure- withholding veterinary care.

You need to either eat, or get laid. Holy crap.

Or a drink. As the OP stated in one of her comments, the vet told her to wait to see if it passes. But good job on being so judgemental!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Post deleted
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Post deleted.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me... i had it sitting on top of the dresser, and my girlfriend cat decided in the middle of the night it was something fun to play with knocked in on the ground and the dog chewed it up, didn't eat anything but the silicon coating but destroyed the rest of it and left it laying right on the floor on my side of the bed to step in the morning when i woke up.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The lithium battery can kill the dog.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!! the OP should be totally ashamed. If she can't afford to get vet care or vet insurance, she should not have got a dog. If financial,situation has changed then maybe she could consider having it rehomed to someone who care more about the dog than the inconvenience this is causing to her vacation plans

Loads of people clearly explained how dangerous this could be and a vet should be consulted but she didn't take the poor thing.
    This makes me so sad and angry. If it was in the UK, I'd report it to the RSPCA. This would be a criminal,offence mi sure- withholding veterinary care.

Or a drink. As the OP stated in one of her comments, the vet told her to wait to see if it passes. But good job on being so judgemental!

In which case I apologise- I didn't read this bit. I just get so angry about animal cruelty.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options

In which case I apologise- I didn't read this bit. I just get so angry about animal cruelty.

It's understandable... had I missed that part I'd be fairly upset as well.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

As you should, just make sure it's founded first. :flowerforyou:
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I do both- regularly- thanks for asking.

Do you not care that this dog could get poisoned or have its guts slowly ripped apart because OP won't give her dog the care it needs. If not, your as heartless as she is.

Someone put on their judgy pants this morning! OP consulted the vet and he told her to wait to see if it passes. Also, I'm pretty sure she said it was her daughter's dog. So...does our responsibility to pay vet bills and reschedule vacations for their care extend to grand pets as well? How about niece and nephew pets.

Take it easy. It's Friday! :flowerforyou:
  • jaz050465
    Options

I do both- regularly- thanks for asking.

Do you not care that this dog could get poisoned or have its guts slowly ripped apart because OP won't give her dog the care it needs. If not, your as heartless as she is.

Someone put on their judgy pants this morning! OP consulted the vet and he told her to wait to see if it passes. Also, I'm pretty sure she said it was her daughter's dog. So...does our responsibility to pay vet bills and reschedule vacations for their care extend to grand pets as well? How about niece and nephew pets.

Take it easy. It's Friday! :flowerforyou:

As I said above, I didn't read that bit and I apologise. I don't apologise for getting angry though - being Friday is irrelevant for the dog IF as I originally ( but mistakenly) thought, it was being neglected.
  • yvonneme
    yvonneme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I dropped my fitbit while exercising, didn't realize I had dropped it, I heard my dog chewing on something, paid not attention, came upstairs, realized I didn't have it on, asked my husband had he seen it, puppy had come upstairs ahead of me, he said, it look like there are pieces of it on it floor, and so it was. So began the process of purchasing my second fitbit. Thankfully he has outgrown that period. Good luck on finding your fitbit. I understand the frustration of being without it, however, I received my new fitbit very quickly. :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • caseydevil
    caseydevil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't think money is the issue since they can buy a fitbit and also have a wireless boundery system...
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that you had him sit by the computer to "sync up". Oh god, the mental image. "I'm syncing my dog up to the net."

I hate this happened but this part is hilarious!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's been more than 12 hours...he pooped an it wasn't in the stool...I can't stand it!

OP, please give us an update!!!

I keep thinking that maybe the metal detector is picking up something else, as well. Is he micro-chipped?
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had a dog eat half of my iPod and the ear buds once. It wasn't even my dog.
  • marcelle973
    Options
    Try giving the dog something that would normally give him diarrhea. This might keep his intestines wet and help the fitbit to slide out with his next BM.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My dog ate my homework.

At band camp.

True story.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that you had him sit by the computer to "sync up". Oh god, the mental image. "I'm syncing my dog up to the net."

ROTFLMAO...Okay I am almost crying, I am sorry for you and for the dog but this will be at least a great story to tell later because the mental picture of syncing the dog to the computer is priceless! Thank you for cheering us up this morning and I hope everything works out :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's been more than 12 hours...he pooped an it wasn't in the stool...I can't stand it!

OP, please give us an update!!!

I keep thinking that maybe the metal detector is picking up something else, as well. Is he micro-chipped?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I bet the FitBit is just lost in the yard. She really should have vet do an x-ray just to be sure though.