Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Poor dog! Hope he gets it pooped out!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the fitbit fell out while everyone was running after him? Did you check the lawn/area he was running around in? When it syncs, does it say there was steps? if so, then it more than likely is in the dog...if not, it is possible the device fell while your dog was running around with it.
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    At least you'll know how many steps he takes in a day...until he poops it out.
    LOL...if you follow him then they will be your steps too!
  • frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hope your dog is okay! I understand not wanting to do surgery, but I hope he is not obstructed. Poor thing. let us know what happens! I did have to chuckle about sitting the dog by the computer, hoping to sync him up.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    At least go get him xray to be sure. I use to have a dog that ate socks/gloves. He usually pooped stuff out or threw it up but there was one garden glove that he ate that had to be removed. Its a pain though. If you get him xrayed then you know its in there, if its not then you can search some more for it. Its best not to wait to long, follow up with your vet.

Hope the puppy is ok. Good luck.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I hope your dog is ok and everything goes well for your vacation...good luck
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Okay. I need to know how this ends too!
  • iwantodance
    iwantodance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hydrogen peroxide will make a dog vomit. My vet had me give mine a tablespoon every 1/2 hour. It might be too late, though.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Could there be something else that is setting off the metal detector besides a possibly eaten Fitbit? I realize you removed his collar, but I'm still wondering if there might be another explanation.

I hope your dog is OK.
  • iwantodance
    iwantodance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hydrogen peroxide will make a dog vomit. My vet had me give mine a tablespoon every 1/2 hour. It might be too late, though.
    Of course it's too late. I didn't read the date or all of the posts before I posted that. I sure hope the little guy is okay.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Could there be something else that is setting off the metal detector besides a possibly eaten Fitbit? I realize you removed his collar, but I'm still wondering if there might be another explanation.

I hope your dog is OK.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he ate something a long time ago (a coin?) that's been sitting in his system? I hope everything turns out OK.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    not sure if anyone has suggested this, or if the advice is even needed since this happened yesterday, but my dog ate rat poisoning about 10 years ago, and the vet told me to give her Syrup of Ipecac. She was throwing up within minutes, and she was fine in a couple of days.

Either way, I hope you get a new fitbit....:sick:
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I hope Your dog is ok.
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I have to know how this ends. I hope the little guy is okay. Poor pooch.

Maybe we can all send her $10 toward his vet bill. ;)
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see if the dog is okay
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Is the dog ok!?
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Stopping by for the puppy report.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!! the OP should be totally ashamed. If she can't afford to get vet care or vet insurance, she should not have got a dog. If financial,situation has changed then maybe she could consider having it rehomed to someone who care more about the dog than the inconvenience this is causing to her vacation plans

Loads of people clearly explained how dangerous this could be and a vet should be consulted but she didn't take the poor thing.
    This makes me so sad and angry. If it was in the UK, I'd report it to the RSPCA. This would be a criminal,offence mi sure- withholding veterinary care.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!! the OP should be totally ashamed. If she can't afford to get vet care or vet insurance, she should not have got a dog. If financial,situation has changed then maybe she could consider having it rehomed to someone who care more about the dog than the inconvenience this is causing to her vacation plans

Loads of people clearly explained how dangerous this could be and a vet should be consulted but she didn't take the poor thing.
    This makes me so sad and angry. If it was in the UK, I'd report it to the RSPCA. This would be a criminal,offence mi sure- withholding veterinary care.

You need to either eat, or get laid. Holy crap.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    sounds like x-ray time as well