my dog ate my Fitbit One

Options

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I just read through 5 pages of posts to see if the dog's okay. Looks like no answer yet.

p.s. Also enjoyed the image of the dog sitting by the computer hoping to sync! Like the commercial on TV where the dog swallows the key fob and the guy holds the dog up to the car to unlock the doors.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sorry your dog ate the fitbit butif he has not pooped it out, seriously, he probably did not eat it. And for those worried about bowel obstructions, the fitbit is tiny. She said the case was found so the dog did not eat that. If the fitbit is in the dog, it will come out.

But never fear for the loss of the fitbit as Fitbit has the best customer service I have ever seen. Even better than my customer service for the company I own! Tell them what happened and you have a good chance of getting a replacement. My sister lost hers at work and she emailed them. All they needed was proof of payment and to know what color device she wanted and bam, new device sent out to her on Tuesday.

From what I read, the replacement is a one time deal but hey, if it can get you back in the groove, that is awesome!
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If he has a microchip, it will set off the metal detector. I'd do another thorough sweep of the yard and house just to be sure.

If nothing turns up in the house or yard, an X-ray really is mandatory at this point. The longer he goes without passing it, the more harm and pain it will cause.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    that is funny that the dog didnt sync! I've saved mine from my puppies mouth before too, I understand the panic!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Could there be something else that is setting off the metal detector besides a possibly eaten Fitbit? I realize you removed his collar, but I'm still wondering if there might be another explanation.

I hope your dog is OK.

Is your dog microchipped? Maybe that is setting off the detector. I would get an x-ray to confirm the fitbit is actually inside the dog.
    Look into Care Credit.....its a credit card that some Vets will accept and it has 6month, 18month options of interest free. I have it since I have 4 dogs. You can ask the vet to do an X-ray and if I recall that was not too expensive when my dog had to have one to check her stomach. A friend of mine has a dog that always eats stuff and actually had to have surgery to remove a quarter, the entire vet trip cost him $1200 and the dog was in a lot of trouble and required a lot to help him. I say start with the X-ray.

^This.

Look into Care Credit and there is a list of resources for pet expenses, I will see if I can find it for you. I would also ask the vet, they may give you a discounted rate or a payment plan.

If your husband is going to prevent you from saving the life of your pet, you should not be pet owners. If you cannot afford the surgery or don't want to deal with it because of a vacation, find a rescue that will take the dog and pay the expenses. Do not just take the dog to the shelter to surrender (unless it is no kill and you confirm they will pay the medical expenses), they will just put the poor thing down.
  • marcelle973
    Options
    An x ray is a good idea but in general if a dog is passing normal size stool then the intestines should be clear and it might just be in the yard or in the house somewhere.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!! You made him sit next to your computer in hopes that it would sync up? So funny.

You do realize that if it had synced, you would have been cheating. I mean, he had to have taken a lot of step when he was running from y'all. :laugh:

I really did. *hanging head in shame*
    At this point, I have decided that I will reward myself for my 30 pound loss with a new fitbit and am praying that the dog doesn't die. My husband would never go for surgery for the dog.

I think it was creative, i mean she needed to borrow the metal detector, and until then, that was the only possibility to confirm that he ate it

good luck, I hope he poops it out
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!! You made him sit next to your computer in hopes that it would sync up? So funny.

You do realize that if it had synced, you would have been cheating. I mean, he had to have taken a lot of step when he was running from y'all. :laugh:

I really did. *hanging head in shame*
    At this point, I have decided that I will reward myself for my 30 pound loss with a new fitbit and am praying that the dog doesn't die. My husband would never go for surgery for the dog.

I was just wondering after all of this how old is your daughter? I mean if she is an adult then maybe she could be helping with all of this? If not (my daughter is 19) and the dog is figuratively hers but she is not financially able to contribute yet then maybe explain to your husband how much it would break your daughter's heart if the dog dies. I got my daughter a 35 lb corgie terrier mix when my daughter was 11. Dog is now 8 and if anything ever happened to her dog it would break my daughter's heart and mine. We love her that much that a vacation would mean nothing to me. I was a single mom up until a year ago and I would not think twice about spending the money to save the dog. They are family and I think your husband needs this to be explained to him and if not then you need to tell your husband tough. I am not trying to be mean but pets are family and they need us to take care of them. Letting a dog die because of money really is terrible.

I do hope everything works out for you.
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump. I must know what happened to the pooch!
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump. what happened to the dog?
  • Jameson1984
    Jameson1984 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bumping...i must now what happens!
  • Lifereclaiming
    Lifereclaiming Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You REALLY need to have an x-ray on the dog!!!! I worry about the dog, not you fitbit!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    You REALLY need to have an x-ray on the dog!!!! I worry about the dog, not you fitbit!

^^^Absolutely this^^^
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Bump because I also want to know how the story turns out...
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't end well, I doubt OP will update. Just saying :wink:
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options

^^^Absolutely this^^^

If you read through the posts she did say she wasn't worried about the fitbit. She also said she called the vet and they said wait to see if the dog passes it. People really shouldn't be so judgmental if they are NOT going to read through to see what more the OP had to say on the topic.

I hope the dog passed it by now, Gotta see how this turns out!
  • Bizabeth25
    Bizabeth25 Posts: 21
    Options
    waiting to know what happened....
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    She said the dog ate, drank and pooped. If the dog continues to poop like normal, there is no obstruction. Especially if the dog is still pooping everything else it eats.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    In to find out what happened...
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I want to know what happened too.