Annoyances at the gym!

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What is crop dusting?

Thanks for asking, I didn't know either.

I also want to know if it's common for gyms to put a toilet in the middle of the weights room?? In every gym I've ever been in the toilets/change rooms have been on the opposite side of the workout rooms, usually right near the entrance.

• Pinkytiffy
    Pinkytiffy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh my stars is that soooo annoying.. Hogging the machine while they are "resting" is such crap. I saw this guy literally sit for 30 minutes on his phone. Dry AF...no sweat. Like he machine baby sitting.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Use a *kitten* deodorant :s
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    People who wear lots of perfume/cologne in the gym -- especially nearby while I'm on the treadmill when I can't exactly escape the fumes.

I've been subject to that a few times, and usually wrinkle my nose and fan my hand in front of me. Most times they get the drift (ha, ha, pun intended!).
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Water fountain that doesn't fountain but dribbles

Water fountain that used to dribble for months suddenly dispensing water at force

Not taking a towel to the gym

:D
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Gym managers who say "we will look into it" then "we are looking into it for months

Refurb of gym filling all available space with equipment so there's inadequate floor space for deadlifts

No quiet corner for barbell hip thrusts
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Don't generally get annoyed by much at the gym, but had a good one today.
    There I am, doing my thing on one of the cardio machines. It's the only one of its type but in the middle of a row of other stuff (bikes, ellipticals etc).
    Two other ladies arrive, hop on machines either side of me and start the LOUDEST conversation right across me as though I wasn't there. I had no choice but to listen, and even with the volume turned right up the radio play on my iPod was totally un-followable. Very awkward!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Not a lot annoys me, but there's one guy who comes in, does his squats and then leaves the 20kg plates on the bar. Now I can put them away if I can reach them, but I'm only 5'1" and he's a giant and leaves the bar on the very top pins of the rack, so I have to ask for help to get them down. Other than that I love my gym, it's a smallish family run affair and everyone is so helpful and supportative, loving the fact that I'm most likely to be found by the rack doing compound lifts.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    People who chat loudly on the treadmill or when the gym puts the music so loud that I can still hear it on top of my music.

And people who don't wipe the equipment or chat on the machines when you're waiting for them...
This discussion has been closed.